Deleted

Why do people say Fury is spammy?

WS isn't off the GCD so how is it spammy? I used to spam HS before 6.0.2.

I don't think they mean it's spammy just because of one off-GCD ability. Then again I don't play Fury, so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    WS isn't off the GCD so how is it spammy? I used to spam HS before 6.0.2.
    It categorically isn't; Gladiator's APM is 73.4, TG's is 53.4 and SMF is 53.5 in WoD. TG used to be 65.7 and SMF 64 for the MoP sims. It's actually gotten slower.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Its different when you press different buttons. Might wanna bind wild strike to scroll wheel + 2 other keys to not ruin your hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Its different when you press different buttons. Might wanna bind wild strike to scroll wheel + 2 other keys to not ruin your hands.
    How am I going to hurt my hands hitting WS twice, maybe 3 times before the next BS? Before 6.0.2 you used to spam HS while in CS about 5 times or something at the same time as RB etc. Fury feels very slow to me, now.

Well I just had heroic strike on scroll wheel and now i put WS there.

I would define "spammy" as repeatedly hitting a single button, not simply hitting a lot of buttons.

Consider two scenarios;
    1) You hit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in that order 10 times.
    2) You hit 1, 2 three times in a row and 3 in that order 10 times.
    Each is 50 actions but, to me at least the second is much more "spammy" because instead of pressing 5 buttons 10 times, you are only hitting 3 buttons, 2 10 times and one of them 30 times.

- - - Updated - - -

To expand on that; you could call Heroic Strike during 5.4 Fury spammy, because you do in fact press Heroic Strike often, but it there is downtime between those uses.

Love it or hate it, I think we can all agree that the defining characteristic of 5.4 Fury was the the ebb and flow of its DPS cycle. Slower "maintenance" phase outside of Colossus Smash, with a more frantic and compressed burst phase during with more button presses. Can this be called spammy? Sure it can, but it has downtime in between.

Current Fury does not and is very static with frequent overuse of a single ability. With Furious Strikes, I cast Wild Strike approximately every 1.7 seconds (averaged over the course of the fight, to include Execute time where WS isn't used), which is only beat by Flurry of Xuen (passive) and follows Bloodthirst used every ~3.5 seconds.

Deleted
    I'm not the best player in the world I'll freely admit that and I can only figure this stuff out by reading stuff you guys post. What do you guys think of both arms and fury now? I get the sense people aren't happy.

I haven't tried arms yet, and I've not read up on fury and I've only been playing the new warr for a day or so, but at the moment things seem VERY dull.

This is what I'm doing:

BS on CD, RB whenever 1 stack is up and WS if nothing else to do. Recklessness and stormbolt on opener etc.

Without CS, it's just seems to be hitting the best spell when it comes up, a priority system with no thought..
    I could be terribly wrong, though.

Edit: Granted it sucked when CS wasn't up, but I enjoyed dumping everything into CS like a rapid maniac. That felt very Fury to me. This just feels like nothingness.

Edit: I keep using battleshout for rage, lol. Really need to take that off my bars.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2014-10-19 at 12:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the best player in the world I'll freely admit that and I can only figure this stuff out by reading stuff you guys post. What do you guys think of both arms and fury now? I get the sense people aren't happy.
    I was happy when HS was removed.

Many people aren't happy due to the reduction of the skill floor and caps of the class in general. Archimtiros is guilty of this, going so far as to ruin his guides with a noxious tone.

As a Fury player, I've switched from TG to SMF by looking at the calculations of the OH multiplier, because although WS has very low priority, it makes up a lot of our damage (especially if you take Furious Strikes); retaining as much OH damage seems to be the order of the day.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I was happy when HS was removed.

Many people aren't happy due to the reduction of the skill floor and caps of the class in general. Archimtiros is guilty of this, going so far as to ruin his guides with a noxious tone.

As a Fury player, I've switched from TG to SMF by looking at the calculations of the OH multiplier, because although WS has very low priority, it makes up a lot of our damage (especially if you take Furious Strikes); retaining as much OH damage seems to be the order of the day.
    I love how talk about what I believe like I'm not actually here. If you'd read my posts, I actually defended the decision to remove Heroic Strike and suggested Colossus Smash be removed month before it actually happened.

I am genuinely curious how you think my guides have a noxious tone though. That's pretty insulting given that I spend a considerable amount of time actually helping people and explaining concepts instead of bemoaning changes, bragging about having a minority opinion and belittling others.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tried arms yet, and I've not read up on fury and I've only been playing the new warr for a day or so, but at the moment things seem VERY dull.

This is what I'm doing:

BS on CD, RB whenever 1 stack is up and WS if nothing else to do. Recklessness and stormbolt on opener etc.

Without CS, it's just seems to be hitting the best spell when it comes up, a priority system with no thought..
    I could be terribly wrong, though.

Edit: Granted it sucked when CS wasn't up, but I enjoyed dumping everything into CS like a rapid maniac. That felt very Fury to me. This just feels like nothingness.

Edit: I keep using battleshout for rage, lol. Really need to take that off my bars.
    Fury is fine overall. It's only real issue is the interaction of Wild Strike on the GCD. Sanctity of Battle works fine for Ret because all their GCDs are the same. Headlong Rush suffers because it doesn't reduce the GCD of Wild Strike (actually it doesn't reduce a lot of abilities, including all of our talents, but we pointed it out and were told it is supposed to get fixed). There is no real solution to the Wild Strike dilemma, but luckily it only really matters when using Furious Strikes, something we will likely seldom do.

There is still a priority system, but it is focused around Enrage instead of Colossus Smash and rage management. It isn't the same, but still has a decent amount of nuances. Granted most of them are caused by the negative interaction of Bloodsurge (negative because a proc should be a bonus, not something that is often detrimental to your rotation).

Overall though, the concept of the class really hasn't changed, only instead of focusing our play around Colossus Smash, we do it around Enrage instead.

It reminds of the ICC days.

Consider me happy.