Deleted

Demonology Mastery not working properly.

Heya,

I've been leveling a Demonology warlock for the past few weeks, and I've noticed an issue with the mastery they have.

It should give a flat increase to your damage, and double that increase whenever you're in Metamorphosis.
    How is it then, that my Soul Fire deals 3k crits when I'm in normal-form. But that it deals 2,8k crits when I'm in Metamorphosis, when it SHOULD be dealing more?

Am I missing something really obvious here, or is this a bug? Because it doesn't seem to make sense that i'd deal less damage in metamorphosis, when I'm supposed to be dealing more.

Cheers,

Komachii

Quote Originally Posted by Komachii View Post
    Heya,

I've been leveling a Demonology warlock for the past few weeks, and I've noticed an issue with the mastery they have.

It should give a flat increase to your damage, and double that increase whenever you're in Metamorphosis.
    How is it then, that my Soul Fire deals 3k crits when I'm in normal-form. But that it deals 2,8k crits when I'm in Metamorphosis, when it SHOULD be dealing more?

Am I missing something really obvious here, or is this a bug? Because it doesn't seem to make sense that i'd deal less damage in metamorphosis, when I'm supposed to be dealing more.

Cheers,

Komachii
    IIRC that only works when you have Mastery which is unlocked like 80 or something, though I'm not sure why you'd actually be doing less damage in meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Komachii View Post
    Heya,

Cheers,

Komachii
    I thought they fixed it a year ago! It was like this before but I think there was something about it mentioned for 5.4 launch that it will be fixed or something, if it still doesn't increase your damage before lvl 80 then they didn't fix it. It was suppose to be a flat damage increase (8% 5.4?) till you get mastery unlocked.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    Oh, my dang. Maybe I should've included that i'm already sitting at level 86. So yeah, I already have mastery unlocked. Just curious if any of you have the same problem. Ofcourse it won't really be a problem once I get demonbolt at level 100. But as of right now, mastery doesn't seem to work properly.

Hope to see if you guys find out what the problem here is. I could provide some screenshots, but it's already very simple. I deal 200 less damage in Metamorphosis with soulfire, compared to when I'm out of it. Also.. It seems that when I use my Dark Soul: Knowledge, that my Soul Fires DO become stronger than casting it in my normal form.

@Komachii

I tried it myself and I'm not seeing it. You must have some sort of special condition to trigger this behavior (equipment, buffs, level, etc).
    Post those screenshots, if you can.

The only thing I can think of it as not being a bug is that you expect too much damage to happen, because its just a 6% flat increased damage vs caster mode while you're in meta form ( if you don't have much of mastery on your gear) and you're expecting too much. cast more soulfires to get more of accuracy on how much damage you have in or out of meta form? Or it's just bugged and doesn't work till 90! cuz based on master demonologist it should be about 6% or more as you know it better
    green is the color!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Noticed the metamorphosis-thing on my 77 warlock today when leveling since the patch, that my Metamorph actually deals LESS damage than I do in caster (2.8k Soul Fire vs 3.2k)... pretty sad.
    Uh... mastery plz?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Right now i'm just shitposting a bit, until I can post some links. But what MasterHamster just said is correct. Except I actually have mastery right now.

It might just be an issue with scaling, that it only starts doing more at level 90, but that doesn't make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Soul Fire out of Metamorphosis:

Soul Fire in Metamorphosis:

Both hard casted, without any buffs or debuffs present, and using Soul Fire out of Metamorphosis always results in 80 more damage points.

My stats:
    Last edited by mmoc8fe29b581e; 2014-10-19 at 02:42 PM.

I just tested this at 90.

Naked, caster form: 529 crit (6% mastery)
    Naked, meta form: 592 - 593 crit (6% mastery) ~12% gain, in line with mastery.

Equipped, caster form: 5116 crit (29.22% mastery)
    Equipped, meta form: 8105 - 8106 crit (29.22% mastery) ~58.44% gain, in line with mastery.

It may be a scaling issue like you mentioned. I'm curious what level it becomes wonky at.

Edit:

@81, vs level 80 dummies:

Naked, caster form: 666 - 667 crit (6% mastery)
    Naked, meta form: 596 - 597 crit (6% mastery) ~10.5% loss (Estimated: 745 - 746 damage)

Equipped, caster form: 2789 - 2790 crit (6% mastery)
    Equipped, meta form: 2499 - 2500 crit (6% mastery) ~10.6% loss (Estimated: 3124 - 3125 damage)

I'm considering leveling this lowbie lock and testing numbers at each level.

Both warlocks have +3% CHD on their meta. One is orc while the other us undead. None of that should matter much, though.
    Last edited by sunsmoon; 2014-10-20 at 04:35 AM. Reason: more info!

Deleted
    Ah interesting, Good to see i'm not insane, haha.

Seems to me that in metamorphosis you seem to get a negative amount of mastery. And up until you get a bunch more mastery, you won't be dealing more damage while transformed.

Yeah, I can't test that because unfortunately my level 81 warlock lacks mastery gear.

I made a post to the US bug report forums with our info: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14927363166#1
    HORDE: Talinaeril @ Burning Blade
    ALLIANCE: Gorta @ Sargeras
    Warcraft Pets

Deleted
    Thanks for posting it. You worded that really nicely! Let's hope they can have a look at it!

Cheers!,

Komachii