Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I want ALL the implants.
    There is a sexual innuendo there somewhere.

Am I the only one that hates using glasses and wearing contacts? And am concerned with Lasik and the uncomfortable side effects? If you could help me with this problem, that would be great.

smart phones will never be implanted inside of us, there would be too much overhead in getting them upgraded/replaced.

Here is my wishlist:
    2. Healing chips
    3. Cyber pills that talk to your doctor
    4. Bill Gates' implantable birth control (in case a woman rapes me, I do not want her to have a child as me as the father)
    6. Brain-computer interface (Sounds fun)
    As the BrainGate website says, "using a baby aspirin-sized array of electrodes implanted into the brain, early research from the BrainGate team has shown that the neural signals can be ‘decoded' by a computer in real-time and used to operate external devices."

Chip maker Intel predicts practical computer-brain interfaces by 2020.

Intel scientist Dean Pomerleau said in a recent article, "Eventually people may be willing to be more committed to brain implants."

"Imagine being able to surf the Web with the power of your thoughts."
    7. Meltable bio-batteries
    8. Smart dust This I want BADLY
    Perhaps the most startling of current implantable innovations is smart dust, arrays of full computers with antennas, each much smaller than a grain of sand, that can organize themselves inside the body into as-needed networks to power a whole range of complex internal processes.

Imagine swarms of these nano-devices, called motes, attacking early cancer or bringing pain relief to a wound or even storing critical personal information in a manner that is deeply encrypted and hard to hack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    There is a sexual innuendo there somewhere.
    There's already enough lewd innuendo in your thread title.

If there's a chip that lets me give people electric shocks on command from my finger tips sign me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Am I the only one that hates using glasses and wearing contacts? And am concerned with Lasik and the uncomfortable side effects? If you could help me with this problem, that would be great.
    I don't mind wearing glasses, I mind cleaning glasses. If there was some instantaneous, cheap, no-side-effect way of making me see clearly without the, then yeah, I'd go for it. Laser eye surgery, to my knowledge, is still unreliable, and requires a lot of recovery time (and a ton of money).

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't mind wearing glasses, I mind cleaning glasses. If there was some instantaneous, cheap, no-side-effect way of making me see clearly without the, then yeah, I'd go for it. Laser eye surgery, to my knowledge, is still unreliable, and requires a lot of recovery time (and a ton of money).
    recovery time is very short. i had it done ~8 years ago, could see clearly on the drive home.

Deleted
    I hate it but I don't dare taking the risk of surgery. :l

Deleted
    I look rather dapper in my glasses, so i can't complain.

Only downside is that i tend to sit on them

And OnT where my penis improvement tech at?

I'm looking forward to the day that one of my Lungs or Kidneys give up, and I'm taken to hospital, and I'm given a brand new pair that have been 3D Printed from my DNA and enhanced with technology and genetic manipulation to make them far more efficient and less prone to issues, all paid for through my taxes thanks to the N.H.S.

As ludicrous as it sounds, we're not actually that far off of it. Think, 60 years ago the idea of putting people on the Moon, the Internet, 3D Printing and so much more would've been laughed at, yet they're common place today (I suppose, not going to the moon). What might another 60 years of innovation bring?

All of that shit creeps me out. None of that will ever be inside me, no thanks.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I look rather dapper in my glasses, so i can't complain.

Only downside is that i tend to sit on them

Go go gadget penis!!!!!!!!!
    On topic, while attacking early signs of cancer would be nice , I don't identify as a conspiracy theorist but I wouldn't want some company having control of my health like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    I hate it but I don't dare taking the risk of surgery. :l
    Yeah the recovery time and side effects suck, especially considering the effects it has on night time vision. dryness of eyes may persist.
    http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/lasik-laser-eye-surgery

I'd do lasik, because that doesn't involve tech in my body. How much does that cost per eye these days anyway?

I predict jokes about high tech dildos coming out any time soon
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not even Smart dust? If it's half as good as smart water I'm in!
    AKA nanobots. What could go wrong?

Alert science fiction authors!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Top men are working on a way to beam penis enlargement spam directly into your brain.

Top men!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The health stuff is cool. The neuro interface may be necessary. The rest are just gadgets you can carry around outside of body just fine.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I cannot wait to become a cyborg!

But really, once we do create a real A.I. you wont have much choice but to go down the tech route. Otherwise you'll just be left behind and by that time, I'd imagine robots will do our burger flipping. You'll have nowhere to go.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

4 seems the most realistic. The rest are silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    I cannot wait to become a cyborg!

But really, once we do create a real A.I. you wont have much choice but to go down the tech route. Otherwise you'll just be left behind and by that time, I'd imagine robots will do our burger flipping. You'll have nowhere to go.
    Everything that makes us human is what's dragging us behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Everything that makes us human is what's dragging us behind!
    Baby steps, man, baby steps.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.