Deleted

Frost,Fire or Arcane?

Which specc is the easiest to play? Is it also a viable spec? Will it be good in WoD?

Used to playing an Elemental Shammy, and that doesn't use many buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane can be considered easy to play but tricky to master. Fire is tricky to perfect. Frost has lower skill cap then Fire/Arcane, but higher skill floor. Mages are good atm, and in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

frost is going to be the most like ele, centered around proc. its probably the easiest to play well all around where fire requires a bit more timing. frost should also be the least gear dependant which will make it more forgiving come WoD. Arcane is simple on the service but take alot of split second choices, knowing when to gamble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always found Frost to be the easiest to play, however Fire isn't too difficult now either with Ignite being extended and Combustion being easier to nail. Fire is probably the easiest overall honestly, it just can be the most frustrating.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Fire can be infuriating, if rng doesnt like you but probably the easiest. Arcane the most dynamic and interesting imo.

Deleted
    Fire - Easiest/simplest to play with the changes not as gear dependent as it used to be.
    Frost - Very reactionary, responding to procs is where all the damage comes from.
    Arcane - A combination of the above. It's an easy rotation, some reaction to procs & managing CD's.

Im still running with frost, i think it will still be one of the top dps when the xpac drops

Fire is for sure and by far the simplest and easiest to play, with the least amount of buttons and requirement for reaction. It's fairly similar to ele sham, with long cast times for the most part but getting procs on one spell. Someone said frost was ... which is way off, frost isn't anything close to ele sham.

If you like how ele sham plays, go fire, it's fun.

Kinda agree with most of the people here. With Arcane being untied from Rune of Shit, all 3 specs now actually feel a bit different.

Arcane: Easy to learn and start, but difficult to master. There are many different rotations to it based on skill and playstyle.
    Fire: Incredibly simple and easy throughout, but can get very RNG at times though with less crit.
    Frost: Hardest* to start and very reactionary-based due to procs, but once you get it down, there's not much more to being considered "good" at it.

* Hardest of the three, but still fairly easy compared to other classes.

Play the spec you enjoy the most
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    No specs are hard. All have 3-4 moves. Play what you want. When buttons light up click them.

Play any of the 3. The 3 specs feel dynamic enough to be great, though Fire will probably feel slow and very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydeeps View Post
    No specs are hard. All have 3-4 moves. Play what you want. When buttons light up click them.
    Your combustion must be at 0