Thread: BrM 6.0 stats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I won't change my opinion Total. I don't know where you pulled 18 seconds from..are you suggesting that during 15 seconds of EB, you'll only generate 3 stacks if you are going for critt build? And it's not that you are doing tank swaps every 15 seconds so the rest of the stacks would go wasted. But to go from fight to fight just to see how much time you will actually tank a swings. On immerseus, either you'll tank the boss, or tank the adds. During intermission there is none damage you could reduce with mastery. On protectors you are tanking one boss most of the time (exception if you tanking he goes DM phase or rook and vengeful strikes). On norushen you'll tank add inside, then boss, then adds. Sha of Pride is maybe an example where yous witch very often, but again, there isn't any notable damage that fill your stagger fast, let's face it, purifying green or weak yellow stagger would be waste of chi. On galakras you are constantly tanking, either tower or downstairs. Juggernaut is maybe exception where I would put mastery ahead, mostly because of bombs, but I never felt bombs are the issue on Juggernaut, more like falling damage and dot that rapes you. On shamans you are constantly tanking one of the bosses. Nazgrim might be exception, but again you switch evey 30 seconds. Malkorok might favor mastery because of blood rage. On spoils you will constantly tank one side. Thok hurts like hell, I agree mastery could favor it there. On siegecrafter you are switching boss add boss add and all stacks you receive you can precast with guard, zen med, fort brew, diffuse magic, dampen harm. Klaxxi is hard hitting, even though you're tanking one boss constantly, I would switch to mastery build during bleeding edge progression. And on Garrosh, yes, he hits like truck but dot rapes you as fuck, and mastery won't help you with dot.
    You're tanking a lot tbh, and it's not that you are 50% of most of the fights inactive on tanking, and special abilities such as execute, Immerseus cone, eletrostatic shock is predictable and easy to deal with without mastery build.

And I don't know why you are pulling level 100 talent and WoD in discussion if poster started thread to ask for stat prio in current build. I agree with some stuff other people said, might be wrong at some points. If everyone was right all the time, discussion wouldn't exist. But your counterarguments such as magic damage, lvl 100 talents doesn't make sense.
    If we were talking about WoD, I would agree mastery is better.

You see it here and on every second topic when discussion appears that there is literally 10 different opinions on everything. Think we got far from original topic and just confused original poster with this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by DexTM View Post
    I don't know where you pulled 18 seconds from..are you suggesting that during 15 seconds of EB, you'll only generate 3 stacks if you are going for critt build?
    No, with 20% Crit, that's why I said base Crit. That's exactly how much you'd generate on average.

I know that there a lot of times where that doesn't apply, but that's not relevant. You don't stack stats that are only good some of the time as a tank unless those sometimes are much, much harder than the times when it's not good. It's typically not regular boss AAs that kill anyone though, on any fight. The objective of the tank is to not die, not minimize damage taken over the course of an entire raid, that's thinking way too much like a DPS.

The point about special attacks isn't that "you can just live through them", it's that Crit is devalued when 40% of the damage taken on a fight can't be dodged. Sure, Crit reduces damage taken from AAs more than mastery does, but 100% of damage taken is not AAs. For hypothetical numbers, if Crit made you take 90% of the damage that Mastery would, Mastery would be better on any fight where 11% or more of the damage taken is not dodge-able. It just so happens that this is basically every fight in the game (except, as you mentioned, things like Sha of Pride where 100% of the physical damage is AAs). So for Crit to actually be the best stat for damage reduction, it'd have to be 20-30% better than Mastery on flat AAs, and that's just not the case.

I mentioned WoD because the OP specifically mentioned the expansion in his post. 6.0 is WoD too, not just level 90 stuff, it's not like 6.1 is the day WoD comes out. I also specifically mentioned in my first post in this thread that what he wants to do at level 90 is more or less irrelevant because you can do whatever you want and still not die in SoO now. Magic damage is also relevant when Versatility is in the discussion, like i mentioned, which is also in WoD.

I don't even care to have a discussion about level 90 stuff, we've been testing in beta at level 100 for several months now and what's going on at 90 is so easy that it's a joke. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do at 90, I don't care enough to bother. But there has been a very consistent consensus about level 100 for months now across sims, spreadsheets, theorycrafting, and actual raid testing, and that's that Crit stacking has a tendency to get you flattened. It's a useful stat to have in some quantities, but RNG or fight mechanics can severely devalue it at the wrong moment, and that's when you die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Agility in general is also, for the most part, awful. Mastery gives more AP and the dodge from Agility is negligible. It's better than haste at least, and typically Multistrike, but doesn't even come close to Mastery/Vers/Crit.
    Thank totemic, reliable as always. There has been much talk about secondary stats but I couldn't find anywhere how Mastery fared against Agility.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Thank totemic, reliable as always. There has been much talk about secondary stats but I couldn't find anywhere how Mastery fared against Agility.
    For what it's worth, Agility is more damage than Mastery at lower gear levels point for point (because it's flat AP and not a percentage increase), but not at the 2 for 1 gem trade-off. It's still lower damage and dodge than Crit though except in basically pre-raid ilvl. I've just spent about a month running various sims at different ilvls with different talents and stats and looking at the scale factors, and oddly it's quite a bit more reliable than even DPS sims because it's not like there's movement or procs to consider as a tank.