Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a regular wolfspider. It's the right size and the right color. They never make nets either, they're active hunters.

Deleted
    Yes, I have identified the creature in your picture, it is indeed a spider.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    bullshit. keep your house clean you wont need "help" with pests, because there wont be no pests, and there wont be no damn spiders either.
    Bullshit. The chemicals you need to use to kill indoor pests can harm you more than a harmless spider. Same can be said for those who kill harmless snakes like the garter and black rat snake. Which both are beneficial for killing pests. Not saying I would let them stay inside my home, I will catch them and let them loose outside. Have never had a infestation of spiders, ever. That is a different scenario and not saying you should ignore that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    (Meanwhile, in Australia...)

"Just a little bit closer... "

(Yes, its badly shopped.)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Huntsmen are harmless yeah. It takes a fairly high amount of intentional/unintentional antagonising for them to feel threatened enough to bite you in the first place. The bite hurts/could get infected but other than that you're fine. I've had different huntsmen on my head/chest/feet at various stages of my life but I've never been bitten. It's quite a surprise when you find one chilling in your bathtowel when getting out of the shower in the morning.
    Bites feel like really bad bee stings. Not any where close to 'harmless' but it won't kill you. My dad told me they were venomless, as a child I took this as harmless, I played with the spiders and learnt that it does not mean harmless.

15+ Year Old Account
    This whole thread just skeezes me out soooo bad. /shudder The UK house spider? That god awful thing from Australia (I'm sorry, that's not a spider, that's something mutant)?

No.

Just ... no.

Anything bigger than a US silver dollar I would want to kill only by running over it repeatedly with my car. Those spiders need to die. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    No fire!! Mr. Spider lives at work. Work sits on 50-90,000 liters of gasonline.
    Well, to be honest, you might need a little bit more, just to be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Those spiders need to die. A lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

This thread is tame compared to that damn puppy spider monster gorilla thing that was being reported over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    This thread is tame compared to that damn puppy spider monster gorilla thing that was being reported over the weekend.
    I didn't hear about this. Links? Source? I'm curious as I would remember hearing about a puppy spider monster gorilla thing if I heard about it.