Disease Management Non Existant?

So after the patch I've been messing around with both unholy and frost, and some blood as well and it seems my diseases never fall off no matter what. Celestation promised me that diseases would still be important after removing the damage modifiers from OB etc, but alas I have been lied to. My dieases are up 100% of the time no matter if it's an AoE fight or a ST fight. It's a dot that I never have to care about essentially thus just taking away from what makes a Death Knight a Death Knight even more.
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2014-10-20 at 05:52 AM.

It is the same as always I think. Snapshotting is gone though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop whining. That's all I can say. We never really cared about diseases that much until FB and that ship sailed for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As blood, you can almost ignore them altogether (assuming no target switching etc.) Frost is still pretty easy as one bb resets the whole damned stack, and I have no idea for UH as I don't play it anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

OP, you must be taking plaguebearer, with this talent your diseases will never fall off, but its also a dps loss vs plague leech, now by taking PL you're diseases will be up most the fight but obviously not 100% as you clip em off every 30 seconds or so.

Plague Leech is essentially mandatory in 6.0 as it's both worth a ton of damage (>5%) and consumes a ton of GCDs, so disease management does actually come into play. If you care about your performance, you really need to use Plague Leech. It's not optional like it was in MoP.

As frost, I setup a simple Weakaura that lights up when Blood Plague duration is <4s and a total of 2 death or frost runes are not refreshing. Works well enough. I still dislike PL, but the micromanagement is minimized.

As unholy, I'd do the same thing, but add Frost Fever to the watchlist and look for an unholy rune not refreshing. Watching the runes might not be necessary as Unholy since Festering Strike and Scourge Strike are so close in damage.

Edit: On a side note, it is worth using Plague Strike to maintain Blood Plague, even as 2H frost-- but it's a very small (1.5%) DPS loss to skip it, which is pretty small. Don't stress about keeping up Blood Plague as frost, if you spend that rune on Obliterate and lose some BPlague uptime it's no biggie.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-10-20 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    So after the patch I've been messing around with both unholy and frost, and some blood as well and it seems my diseases never fall off no matter what. Celestation promised me that diseases would still be important after removing the damage modifiers from OB etc, but alas I have been lied to. My dieases are up 100% of the time no matter if it's an AoE fight or a ST fight. It's a dot that I never have to care about essentially thus just taking away from what makes a Death Knight a Death Knight even more.
    I think you're misunderstanding what he meant.
    He meant that they are important damage wise, not rotation wise. Our diseases have never really been a super hard thing to maintain on our target (especially for Unholy when we have the QOL change for PS to put both on), I mean for Frost one of your dots is constantly being reapplied so you only have to wait for another application of BP every 30~ seconds.
    He was talking however, in terms that they "should" still be up as they will be an increase in damage to be up (as they were when they were modifiers on strikes for them).

Switch out of Plaguebearer, which really isn't that great anyway. My diseases get close to falling off all the time, but I'm counting on that due to Plague Leech.