Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never understood why you have speakers there and not headsets. So many headsets out there....and I am quite sure Gamers care more about both.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Never understood why you have speakers there and not headsets. So many headsets out there....and I am quite sure Gamers care more about both.
    I prefer headsets over headphones + mic unless you are spending a lot, which is something people love to debate / complain about, so I don't list them to avoid complaints.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Chaud, building a new comp right now, and need a bit of advice.

4690k vs. Regular 4690 for WoD mythic raiding. My geek friends tell me what the 4690 is sufficient since I would not over clock the CPU. Would it matter?

Also, I'm intrigued by the new ITX cases - what's your opinion on an ITX case with an Asus Maximus VI Impact motherboard? M-VII Impact is really expensive in my country (double that of the VI)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    4690k vs. Regular 4690 for WoD mythic raiding. My geek friends tell me what the 4690 is sufficient since I would not over clock the CPU. Would it matter?

Also, I'm intrigued by the new ITX cases - what's your opinion on an ITX case with an Asus Maximus VI Impact motherboard? M-VII Impact is really expensive in my country (double that of the VI)

Thanks!
    If you plan on keeping it for a few years and aren't going the ITX route, grab the K version so that you can overclock later when requirements go up in the next expansion. WoW will take all of the CPU it can get still, so it isn't a bad idea to overclock now.

I'm not a fan of the ITX form factor in general, I have an Air 540 with plenty of desk space to keep things cool and overclocked. I don't follow ITX boards closely, but other than the audio quality issues people have mentioned it looks okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Why don't you recommend the Logitech G600 instead of the Naga? The Naga's tend to be flimsy and regularly have issues with them with regular use. At least from my experience as well as that of my friends. Everyone that I know that used a Naga has had to replace theirs within a year, which sucks when the mouse is $60+
    The G600 had some quality issues of its own back when it first came out, I haven't checked up on it recently though. I'll be sure to take a look.

I'm willing to shell out a fair amount of money to pick up a rig that will run WoD maxed-out, while retaining a fairly high FPS rates. Which of these tiers would get the job done without absolutely killing the bank account? Would it be worth waiting until the next computer set-up of he month?

Note: WoW is the only graphically intense game that I plan on playing; I don't need anything that would just be overkill for WoW.

Thanks - long time reader first(?) time poster.

@chaud I am seconding @fawfull's comment — my MacBook doesn't like WoD And I love new graphics, water and particles! Yay. Unicorn gonna run all that in BG's Raids?