Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    Oh AQ is fighting assad who killed 1/4 million Syrian in the last 3and half years, why don't you guys arm them? What AQ are a terrorist group ?! Then you can try to give the free Syrian army weeps to fight assad! Oh am sry you guys don't trust them , they might even be worse than assad
    The situation in Syria is a lot more complicated to be solved by supporting one group. Also, the situation in Syria is pretty much self contained and unlikely to blow up the Middle East should ANY faction win, excepting ISIS gaining the upper hand but currently the government isn't fighting ISIS and just waits for ISIS to weaken the rebels before cracking down on ISIS itself.

Deleted
    Osama bin laden was a hero at that time , go and read all the western newspapers and how they called him a hero
    oh yeah I know my point was at the time it was beneficial to america like this situation

But arming Osama came back to bite them in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    why is it when you call americans "police" all I can think of is team america
    Because the US are the only ones giving a fuck? Honestly, world peace is UN's job but they're a bunch of pussies who never do anything. Last time the UN actually did something good was, what, about 15 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    The situation in Syria is a lot more complicated to be solved by supporting one group. .
    And yet the US is supporting only one group, that happen to be a terrorist group and one of the Worst groups fighting in the "Syrian conflict"
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    You're missing the point, the US is the western worlds police force. We decided a long time ago that we would have an awesome military and anyone with us we would help. There's pretty much an unofficial agreement between USA and the western world that we are the "police" while Europe provides trade and whatnot. With that said that doesn't mean we're the only military, just the largest (okay China has more but you know what I mean) and most technologically advanced.
    "Western worlds police force". So why are they interfering in regions considered not western

Deleted
    And yet the US is supporting only one group, that happen to be a terrorist group and one of the Worst groups fighting in the "Syrian conflict"
    The problem is the U.S are damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. If they choose not to enter a conflict, people are calling for their assistance and claiming they broke agreements and promises to help protect their allies (As they would). If they do, they're shunned for being warmongering retards messing with everyones business without being asked to (which has always been ironic). They can't do anything right so they're trying a 'Do the least wrong' approach by arming the lesser of evils to help prevent the genocide of the thousands of CIVILIANS that are stuck between Kobani and Turkey.

I won't even deny for a split second that it would be awesome if the U.S did not have to get involved but since Turkey refuses to be the ones to defend and protect their neighbors because of an old feud that this could have been the first step towards finally ending by offering an olive branch of peace instead of standing idly by while people are slaughtered, the U.S has to step in and do what they've promised to do - no matter if they like it or not.

Those weapons and all the others being sent down there will just end up being used against people who didn't had it coming as expected when arming an organization like the pkk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    The problem is the U.S are damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. If they choose not to enter a conflict, people are calling for their assistance and claiming they broke agreements and promises to help protect their allies (As they would). If they do, they're shunned for being warmongering retards messing with everyones business without being asked to (which has always been ironic). They can't do anything right so they're trying a 'Do the least wrong' approach by arming the lesser of evils to help prevent the genocide of the thousands of CIVILIANS that are stuck between Kobani and Turkey.

I won't even deny for a split second that it would be awesome if the U.S did not have to get involved but since Turkey refuses to be the ones to defend and protect their neighbors because of an old feud that this could have been the first step towards finally ending by offering an olive branch of peace instead of standing idly by while people are slaughtered, the U.S has to step in and do what they've promised to do - no matter if they like it or not.
    Turkey does not refuse anything. It took in thousands of refugees from kobane whom are kurdish. This misinformation about 'evil Turkey' really grinds me.
    Turkey has no abligation to defend them on the cost of their own citizens' life.
    This is not some feud. Pkk is still actively hurting people. They are killing soldiers and civilians. Burning infrastructre. That is why Turkey is hesistant.
    People of iraq and syria have been murdered by thousands for years. None of it was in the news. Iraq saw hundreds of thousands die in ten years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Turkey does not refuse anything. [Snip].
    Gonna stop you right there already and inform you that the western society has requested Turkish involvement for weeks now while Turkey has declined or redirected requests with answering that they simply do not wish to "Stand alone" in the conflict which they would not anyways. So yes, Turkey DOES refuse something. Infact most things. They're even refusing Kurdish soldiers or Militia who brought their families to safety to return and fight IS.

I don't hate Turkey and I understand COMPLETELY why they're being inactive in the conflict, I even belive they have all rights to not get involved IF they can live with themselves over it and in the meantime break all attempts to actualy stop those so-called dangerous terrorists using diplomacy instead of pacifism.

But understanding why and agreeing are two very diffrent things. I understand your country for being idle in this but I don't believe it is the right thing to do neither morally nor politically.

Lets not even go to what Turkey has done to Armenians, Greeks, Kurds, Cyprians etc etc etc etc. They should NOT be complaining about anything.

Hey, guys, do you know who is fighting ISIS?

Not Turkey.

Deleted
    People should be more tolerant towards ISIL and stop being islamophobe..why not just let them do their religion ? ISIS is not worse than christian crusades...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone want to bet that once the US mid-term elections are over, some Republican politicians will start claiming that Obama is a guilty of "treason" for providing "aid and comfort" to legally-designated terrorists?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by TeddySWE View Post
    People should be more tolerant towards ISIL and stop being islamophobe..why not just let them do their religion ? ISIS is not worse than christian crusades...
    Except we evolved past that. Another people doing shit that we did in the middle ages doesn't somehow justify it. Otherwise we may as well let people perform human sacrifices because we all did it thousands of years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Anyone want to bet that once the US mid-term elections are over, some Republican politicians will start claiming that Obama is a guilty of "treason" for providing "aid and comfort" to legally-designated terrorists?
    I'm actually expecting it.
    #Benghazi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Hopefully they have more sense than that (but I doubt it). I think this conflict is too muddied for us to be picking sides either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    Eh... Yes; and no.
    US likes to abuse the "An Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend; Until our Enemy is Destroyed, than we Destroy you too because you helped us to help you and shared intelligence."... Saddam comes to mind in a similar manner... Bring him to power, he abuses power, than we get rid of him.
    The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries: "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy, no more, no less".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    1) The US wasn't seriously about to let Kobani get overrun without some amount of push back, especially if it kills some ISIS fighters in the process.

2) Turkey (a valued NATO ally, don't get me wrong) isn't cleaning up it's own regional mess for a lot of really lousy reasons related less about Turkey and its interests and more about the thoughts that live inside the head of its odious President. So it befalls a country from the other side of the world to do it for them. Don't like how the US is going about it? Feel free to take over. We got bigger fish to fry in Asia-Pacific.

I mean this is very much an open and shut case. If Turkey pushed back ISIS with its Army last week - as the world watched Turkish tanks sitting on a hill doing nothing - the US would never have dropped weapons. Turkish inaction prompted an American action in its place. Did you honestly think we'd do nothing just because Turkey did? At what point has that ever been the American M.O., anywhere?

How can you be surprised that given a situation you can either control or be a witness to, when you choose to be a witness, those who choose control may do things you don't want to happen.
    The Turks weren't going to do a damn thing - they had plenty of opportunity to intervene, but were perfectly happy watching ISIS wreck havoc on the inconvenient and obnoxious (to Turkey) Kurds in Syria. And neither was the US.

"U.S. airstrikes "are not going to save" the key Syrian city of Kobani from being overtaken by ISIS, said Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby."

And, "Kerry: Saving Kobane not part of strategy" Syrian town where Kurds face ISIL onslaught is "a tragedy" but focus must first be on Iraq, US secretary of state says.

The US government was perfectly happy to watch ISIS massacre a bunch of Kurds. It wasn't even bombing ISIS positions.
    And then this happened: "Obama's Former Secretary Of Defense And CIA Director Has Been Shredding Him On Syria And ISIS" (Plus, the Kurds refused to give up and ISIS couldn't actually take the city.)

"Saving" Kobane (for now) is a PR decision, so was letting it fall. But the Kurds didn't cooperate, and Obama was taking flak, so ta-da! 'America to the rescue!'
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddySWE View Post
    Mate it's the equivalent of a crusade or as they call it in arabic, jihad. You obviously haven't seen the videos of them lining up and just shooting hundreds of people in a line.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Gonna stop you right there already and inform you that the western society has requested Turkish involvement for weeks now while Turkey has declined or redirected requests with answering that they simply do not wish to "Stand alone" in the conflict which they would not anyways. So yes, Turkey DOES refuse something. Infact most things. They're even refusing Kurdish soldiers or Militia who brought their families to safety to return and fight IS.

I don't hate Turkey and I understand COMPLETELY why they're being inactive in the conflict, I even belive they have all rights to not get involved IF they can live with themselves over it and in the meantime break all attempts to actualy stop those so-called dangerous terrorists using diplomacy instead of pacifism.

But understanding why and agreeing are two very diffrent things. I understand your country for being idle in this but I don't believe it is the right thing to do neither morally nor politically.
    Some people went there and fought and they returned to Turkey a few hours later. And i have never seen pkk using borders for the last 30 years. Eastern side of kobane is wide open. They even have allies there.
    Most used phrase during the burning of streets they did last month was 'go, fight in kobane, then, why are you burning streets?'
    They want to use the country as some kind of pit stop. Nobdoy stops them from going there. It is just wild shouting and accusing.

There is also hypocrisy. During the last years cities with millions of people in it fell, nobody in the world gave a shit. Turkey took refugees from there. And now kobane is in a fight. Turkey even took the refugees from kobane.

Would you people be ok if tomorrow iran starts attacking taliban, taliban saying now usa army should help us and we will take weapons from your army to protect our country. As you have already destroyed the country you owe us and things like that. Would you be ok with it?
    Last edited by Maximus Testiculos; 2014-10-20 at 06:13 PM.

Terrorist group drops weapons to terrorist group.

Perspective.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8