What is there left to eat then?

So browsing through the world wide web of bullshit, i found the secret to immortality!

nah just kidding but this "article" basically says what u should not eat eventho some say its healthy. Reading most of it just makes me think
    For me the whole article is full of crap, but why are people make that stuff up?

"Whats left then?"
    No:
    whole grain breads
    whole grain cereals
    whole grain crackers
    soy milk
    tofu or "veggie burgers"
    orange juice
    apple juice
    skim milk or homogenized milk
    margarine
    sport drinks
    protein bars
    pasta
    soybean oil, corn oil, canola oil

Why are there even such shitposts? Well i dont even care what people say, i eat what i think is healthy. Now adays everbody says something different.

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/fat-burning-kitchen.html

I just realized the original adress is truthaboutabs.com so this cant be serious
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Seems to me like a non processed food diet. What is left? Almost everything that isn't a cereal? Meat, veg, fruit. Bit of a fad going on about that right now.

Deleted
    cheese toasty

Bullshit exists because it is the internet. We have all seen the conspiracy theories on Area 51, 9/11, illuminati etc. The truth is that simply living is killing us. From the sunlight to the air that we breathe.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can eat potato's and meat.. Also butter as well.

Deleted
    Why some newspapers make stuff up? To sell it. This site is selling a product, so no surprise that every other healthy advice from another source is wrong according to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, all these fads aren't worth paying attention to. I don't think I'd have a problem with this though. I eat mostly meat, fruit and vegetables and bread, so the only thing I'd have to replace is the bread. I don't follow any sort of diet, but I do like eating almost entirely unprocessed food, at least I know what I'm eating.

It does seem like every 2-3 months there's a new list of stuff not to eat... basically, the list they told you TO eat 2-3 months prior. Just eat healthy, stay active, and for the most part... you'll be... ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Eat what was here before companies started selling food and you'll be ok.

The most efficient and reliable way to eat healthily is to indulge in a varied diet and avoid consuming the heavily processed food that many people within the western world have come to rely upon.

Eating reasonably well really isn't all that difficult. The anti-carb craze is probably the single dumbest "innovation" in dieting since the anti-fat craze of the early-90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who keep claiming to be experts on what is good to eat and what isn't are just trying to get there name in the history tables as someone who 'made a difference', when really they are full of shit, since if you listen to all of them, we couldn't even breath the air around us without it killing us.

Funny thing how people can live till their 90 now unlike 100 years ago where the average life expectancy was around 60-70 at the most.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Eat what was here before companies started selling food and you'll be ok.
    Before the food companies, people used to live for 50-65 years tops.

Also because food in such great demand across the world, the normal, natural food is simply not enough, so the farms haver to use chemicals and steroids in order to increase production and also to make food last longer for long transports.

Organic food, which is the food that grows without any sort of...help, is highly expensive. In my town at the supermarket, one loaf of bread is 0.5 euros, one loaf of organic bread is about 3 euros. That's quite a lot if you intend to stick to buying only organic bread every day.
    3 euros is the real price of bread in today's world, the 0.5 euros is what you pay after the food companies adapt the bread to our time's needs so everyone can actually afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Before the food companies, people used to live for 50-65 years tops.
    Which has nothing to do with food companies making processed foods. I would say more to do with progress in the medical field.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Which has nothing to do with food companies making processed foods. I would say more to do with progress in the medical field.
    It's everything, including the food.

Primitives used to eat raw meat. Raw meat has all sorts of germs. One of the reasons they lived for 40 years tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    It's everything, including the food.

Primitives used to eat raw meat. Raw meat has all sorts of germs. One of the reasons they lived for 40 years tops.
    We have fire now, I am not sure where you're going with this.

Actually thanks to modern nutritional science (which wasn't around back when grains were mistakenly identified as being healthy) we now know that with grain products the majority of the caloric content comes from starch (and thus sugar) making it nutritionally worthless.

We should actually be feasting upon the bugs that eat the grains, since they will process the starch to fuel their own metabolism while maintaining the vitamins and minerals for us.

And grain products are highly processed. Very little of the grain itself actually ends up in your cereal bowl. However we need the insoluble fiber from the chaff. Our diets are so deficient in fiber these days that it's absolutely ridiculous.

That's not to say that if you were to walk up to a wheat field and eat a few stalks of wheat it would be bad for you; you'd get plenty of vitamin E, iron, and a shit load of dietary fiber. However; when you eat a slice of bread (even when it's "whole grain") you are really only eating processed wheat kernels (the chaff is discarded). You are basically consuming concentrated starch in a way that would never be even remotely possible in nature; because you would have to sit there all day crunching down stalks of wheat just to eat that many, and much of the kernel would pass undigested because of how hard it is.

We are not naturally adapted to eat as much grain was we do (because as I said, the only reason we can is because we grind the kernel into a flour). That's not to say you should pick up some trendy meat based paleo diet (because you shouldn't). But you should definitely sit down one day, after eating your "healthy" whole grain sandwich, and work out just how absurd an amount of processed wheat you just ate, and just how many of that sandwiches calories were from starch (i.e. sugar)

People also are still stuck on this whole retarded "low fat/no fat = good" garbage. Even though the fat structure carries a lot of the essential amino acids in the food that we eat. Fat is a broad category of physical structures, some fats are absolutely essential, some fats are empty calories. You should be eating foods that are high in those essential fats, and low in the worthless fats.

So your whole foot long, 6 grams of fat or less from subway, any perception that it might be healthy ignores the last few decades of dietary science. It's essentially just a sugar loaf, topped with processed meat and sprinkled with vegetables (most of which are crappy ones).

You're probably better off eating a quarter pounder with cheese, because the beef at least provides you with Omega 6 and B vitamins.

EDIT: Also the reason fruit juice is bad, and fruit is good, is because despite having calories almost entirely from sugar and starch, fruits are very rich in vitamins and minerals (Considering that they are essentially "tree starter kits") as well as full of fiber. When you juice a fruit, unless you are drinking a whole fruit that has been pureed (which 9 out of 10 times you are just buying pre-made juice) you are essentially just drinking the sugar while the good parts (vitamins, fiber, etc) get thrown out with the pulp.

EDIT2: let me TLDR the whole list in a nice neat sorted manner:
    whole grain breads
    whole grain cereals
    whole grain crackers
    pasta

Processed grain products; calories primarily from starch, very little nutritional value per amount of calories consumed.

margarine
    soybean oil, corn oil, canola oil

Vegetable oils; tend to contain trans fats (one of the fats you should avoid) and highly processed. Your body wouldn't even be able to extract the fats from these plants (they have to be chemically processed in order to do so).

tofu or "veggie burgers"
    soy milk

Some people are convinced that soy lecithin is bad for you, and thus are afraid of big bad processed soy products. I don't believe there is any evidence of this; although because the majority of soy beans are now monsanto brand soy products in general tend to support monopolistic and unsustainable agricultural practices, and you found it on a paleo website, and paleo be like "Caveman don't have legumes, rawr more meat!" but legumes are actually good for you. But very few farms produce organic soy beans any more. So if sustainable agriculture is your cup of tea, it's impossible to buy soy without supporting the devil.

orange juice
    apple juice
    sport drinks

Sugar water, essentially. Whole fruits are great because despite the sugar you get a ton of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, anti-oxidants, fiber. When you juice the fruit and throw away the pulp it just becomes fruit flavored sugar water.

skim milk or homogenized milk

Not sure what their beef is here. Well with the skim milk the fat is removed, and the fat is good for you, leaving the remainder of the milk's calories from sugar. Also paleo website, and cave man no suck cow boob! Rawr (They also didn't farm cows commercially, but who's counting right?)

homogenized milk I believe is unpasteurized, which means it could be harboring bacteria

protein bars

Protein and sugar bars. That's why. (EDIT: Also, it's protein in processed and concentrated form thus lacking the essential amino acid profile to make it actually useful)

Pretty much 100% of fad diets stem from somebody who is over-indulgant saying "Well I must be fat because the system is broken, so therefore I will drink gatorade, and eat power bars, and get my daily 12 foot novelty sub on multigrain bread and then I will be skinny like Angelina, and have a six pack like that werewolf guy on twilight". Meanwhile they really just need to take a quick biology lesson.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-10-20 at 02:52 PM.