Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question about Mind Harvest glyph ...

That 6 sec increased cd to Mind Blast (added with glyph of MH), does it only apply after you cast your first Mind Blast and then drop back to 9 seconds again, or is it permanent, like your MB will always have a 15 sec CD with this glyph?
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2014-10-20 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    It adds 6s permamently so yes... its useless. At first it was created as a solution for building orbs on a pull but pretty soon they nerf it to the ground that no one will be using it except lvling. #blizzlogic

Deleted
    Its absurd in BGs, I know that might not be relevant to alot of people.

It's not useless AT ALL for questing though.

I only play my shadow priest as my alt, but when I did some beta testing on it (Tectus in particular) it seemed to have some pretty good usage. There is a new add that spawns consistently on that fight. Ran AS + SI and Mind Harvest glyph to get some pretty good results.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Deleted
    A fight like Spoils the glyph might be good.

Ideally you want the following circumstances:

1) You want something to dump your DP in, full nuke and 6 seconds of DoT. At your option you want this target on focus for ease of use and least amount of downtime due to target swapping.
    2) You want the adds to be alive long enough for you to be able to cast Mind Blast them. With CoP (which I'd say has some synergy with GoMH), this is less relevant since Mind Blast has no cast time. As the raid gets better gear, this becomes more relevant.
    3) You want a constant refresh of adds, roughly syncing with your MB CD. Keep in mind your MB CD isn't static, and if you use PI this can greatly affect your DPS. Imagine using PI to pad on the parasites on Klaxxi. Ultimate padder tool, and as the Paragons die quick now, this increases how good GoMH is.
    4) In order to not waste Mind Blast on targets when you got targets available you want to track who you already Mind Blasted. TwinTop's WA are good for this, Aleah wrote an addon for this as well which tracks it using nameplates.

Someone did some maths on when the turning point is when GoMH becomes bad on ST and it was less than a minute. Boss fights in 6.0 should last longer than that...

The Blast Furnace seems to meet all these requirements though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    It adds 6s permamently so yes... its useless. At first it was created as a solution for building orbs on a pull but pretty soon they nerf it to the ground that no one will be using it except lvling. #blizzlogic
    It'll be good for levelling and a few very specific raid situations. Sounds good enough to me.

Fights with lots of adds (similar to Spoils) it could be useful or if you have a fight where you have to burst down an add as soon as it spawns (Spine of Deathwing) then it could be useful.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2014-10-23 at 02:03 AM.

Deleted
    Its amazing in PVP. I've been able to 2v1, 3v1 and once I managed a 4v1 by abusing this glyph. Together with SI its absolutely crazy.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed this glyph for spoils of pandaria with Shadowy Insight Basically I was just running around with 3 orbs at all times. My DP uptime was insane. I like the concept, generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Healeze View Post
    I really enjoyed this glyph for spoils of pandaria with Shadowy Insight Basically I was just running around with 3 orbs at all times. My DP uptime was insane. I like the concept, generally.
    The concept wouldn't be so awful if the tuning weren't so wrong (either at 90, leveling and 100). With MB hitting as hard as it does when compared to the rest of our toolkit, the last thing you want is to increase MB's CD. As it is, it only kinda works in a spoils scenario and it really isn't that good even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    The concept wouldn't be so awful if the tuning weren't so wrong (either at 90, leveling and 100). With MB hitting as hard as it does when compared to the rest of our toolkit, the last thing you want is to increase MB's CD. As it is, it only kinda works in a spoils scenario and it really isn't that good even then.
    I agree with this. Shadow priest currently is "stop EVERYTHING to make sure you can cast mindblast on CD" It's disproportionately strong to the point of why MF:I when you can simply mindblast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I wasn't saying it was the best dps, I was just saying I enjoyed it. I play disc/holy mainly so any shadowing I do is just for fun.

I wasn't saying it was the best dps, I was just saying I enjoyed it. I play disc/holy mainly so any shadowing I do is just for fun.
    You're lucky. You don't realize the reason why so many Shadow Priests think Blizzard is literally Hitler when it comes to class balance. GoMH is one of the biggest fuck yous to PvE Shadow I've seen yet, especially considering it was originally implemented with seemingly good intentions then progressively got worse to a point where it's pretty much useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're lucky. You don't realize the reason why so many Shadow Priests think Blizzard is literally Hitler when it comes to class balance. GoMH is one of the biggest fuck yous to PvE Shadow I've seen yet, especially considering it was originally implemented with seemingly good intentions then progressively got worse to a point where it's pretty much useless.
    You're making assumptions there I do realise exactly why, and exactly what happened with GoMH, how they even considered it could be a perk, and how it could have helped shadow immensely, but they took it away because shadow can't have nice things. Just because I don't play shadow competitively and simply do it as the only dps spec I can remotely tolerate for any period of time doesn't mean I'm blind :P

Umm ya i understand this is a pve game so everyone probably thinks this is a terrible glyph, but it is absurdly OP in pvp and i fully expect it to get nerfed. At 100 when we can get auspicious spirits paired with this glyph we will be hands down the best RBG class, even better than locks were in MoP.

You're making assumptions there I do realise exactly why, and exactly what happened with GoMH, how they even considered it could be a perk, and how it could have helped shadow immensely, but they took it away because shadow can't have nice things. Just because I don't play shadow competitively and simply do it as the only dps spec I can remotely tolerate for any period of time doesn't mean I'm blind :P
    My apologies, I meant it more along the lines that if it were your MS, it'd be a lot more of a persistent, irritating issue than it is if you play it casually as an off-spec. For me, it's like a constant ringing in my ears. I'm envious of your position because it allows you to tolerate that white noise a lot better than I can.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittil View Post
    Its amazing in PVP. I've been able to 2v1, 3v1 and once I managed a 4v1 by abusing this glyph. Together with SI its absolutely crazy.
    while Mindblast with haste has like a 5 sec cd makes this a 11 cd... I realy don't see the abuse part.. it slows my orb generation by a lot.. so enlighten me how this is good..compared to reflective shield lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    while Mindblast with haste has like a 5 sec cd makes this a 11 cd... I realy don't see the abuse part.. it slows my orb generation by a lot.. so enlighten me how this is good..compared to reflective shield lol
    Because every time you cast MB you make damn sure you cast it on a new target. Voila, 3 orbs. Even if you're at a 5 sec MB CD with pvp gear (which I doubt), you still get to 3 orbs 4 seconds faster this way. (Do I need to end my post with lol in order to sound cool like you?) Add to that SI procs for mindblast and if you have SW:P rolling each proc gives you a new 3 orbs providing you MB the correct targets. In a random BG this isn't hard because you can hit pets / elementals etc.

It should be renamed to glyph of random BG, because it's useless out of RBGs or world PvP ganking (which is the reason why I think it should be removed altogether).

Not every glyph has to be useful on every fight of every raid.

Seems this is more a leveling/heavy-adds-fight glyph.