Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    so I guess that means Putin owns a ton of stock in Burger King?
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If Putin wanted to be richer, he wouldn't have to go with the pressure of being president again to do it. A lot of his influence is independent of his continuing position as president; he didn't stop making money when he went out of office for several years. If anything, he made more during that period of time, and still had significant control over the country through his position within the dominant political party (just not enough to affect Russian foreign policy). What's more, there's an old Russian saying that is pretty applicable here: "it's better to be a very rich man in a rich nation, than the richest man in a poor nation." His economic well being is firmly tied into industries that benefit more from a healthy Russia than a destitute Russia.

The current political system is also a model that's been in place, if modified, since long before the USSR. The USSR suspended it for a while with the communist party having sole control over everything, but it popped back into place promptly.

But if you're really under the delusion that a massive country's political climate can be summed up by "HE STEALS STUFF AND HE'S MEAN!", than that's being just silly.
    Guess we'll forget about all the shit about Sochi and stuff as a recent example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Guess we'll forget about all the shit about Sochi and stuff as a recent example.
    Looking at individual events has nothing to do with recognizing that the political system of a massive country is more complicated than the headline of a newspaper.

I hope they close McDonalds at my town too

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then I say the Americans should shut down all the . . . uh . . . um . . . what have we got in the US that's Russian?
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2014-10-21 at 02:20 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Looking at individual events has nothing to do with recognizing that the political system of a massive country is more complicated than the headline of a newspaper.
    Hm... yes it does. Just sticking your fingers in your ears going "BLAH BLAH BLAH" won't cut it, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    McDonald's is a blessing on this green earth, you are all heathens!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well then I say the Americans should shut down all the . . . uh . . . um . . . what we got in the US that's Russian?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Hm... yes it does. Just sticking your fingers in your ears going "BLAH BLAH BLAH" won't cut it, mate.
    So what did Sochi have to do with the political affluence of the Russian Orthodox Church?

What every country needs to do. I have hard time believing people who eats only Mcdonalds food who arent fat.

But hey, Money is money right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then I say the Americans should shut down all the . . . uh . . . um . . . what have we got in the US that's Russian?
    time to boycott kaspersky antivirus.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Weren't they closed because they violated basic sanitary conditions? I can't remember the news article, but it had nothing to do with "murica, because it would affect russians anyway, since russians work in those Mc's.

Mcdonalds is shit anyway, so closing even more would do people a favor
    They were.

This Nonna Crane pulls things out of her ass.

The only thing I can think of that we get from Russia is hilarious dashcam vids of them road raging and crashing vehicles. Visit liveleak for my daily dose of Russian humor everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Is there anything the US imports from Russia?
    Top 10 US Imports from Russia

Russia's exports to America amounted to
    $27.7 billion or 1.2% of overall US imports.

1. Oil: $19.9 billion
    2. Iron and steel: $1.7 billion
    3. Inorganic chemicals: $1.4 billion
    4. Fertilizers: $887.6 million
    5. Gems, precious metals, coins: $819.8 million
    6. Aluminum: $538.8 million
    7. Fish: $331.1 million
    8. Rubber: $250 million
    9. Other base metals: $236.6 million
    10. Iron or steel products: $193.9 million

Quote Originally Posted by Szazi View Post
    What every country needs to do. I have hard time believing people who eats only Mcdonalds food who arent fat.

But hey, Money is money right?
    Honestly being fat or not has nothing to do with where your food comes from but how many calories you take in vs how many you burn. You can eat NOTHING but McDs and lose a lot of weight as long as you are monitoring your calories. Cant blame fast food for obesity blame poor nutritional education by our country and the lack of the population being willing to educate themselves on something like nutrition and overall health.

I'm guessing that most people on this board dont even know how many calories are in each gram of fat, protein, or carb nor do they care. Another thing is knowing what foods will cause insulin spikes that promote more fat storing by your body vs foods that will level out your blood sugar and cause you to burn calories more efficiently instead of storing them as fat.

Considering that McDonalds is a franchise and that the majority of the revenue of McDonalds' in Russia would go towards Russian owners that would be a pretty shite way of waging economic warfare.

Oh noes, they're shutting down Mcdonalds in Russia you guys. Whatever will America do!? If this is retaliation for sanctions then Russia has reached a new level of desperation. They're trying so hard. Keep trying Russia... keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Literally everything Russian government is doing "in retaliation" to western sanctions hurts Russian people much more than western sanctions themselves. That's how they roll.
    They are not doing it out of spite. They are trying to control the trade with Europe so that the demand for foreign currency slows down and the fall of the ruble slows down. The next step will be to ban Cars, Machine tools and other non-essential products. This will cause less outflow of money.

They are not as stupid as you think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    This just in, apparently Putin made an proposal to Tusk in 2008 to divide Ukraine. Guess he found it in his WW2 rhetoric box. The irony.
    Sikorski admitted that he lied about this. Now what?
    Last edited by Cybran; 2014-10-21 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    Putin is all like

You fuck with me?! YOU fuck with ME?! I fuck with YOU, motherfuckers!. Let's see, who pisses me off? Moldova, fuck you, no more fruits and whine from you. Haha, in your face, Moldova. Who else, the USA? Fuck you, no more chicken imports from you. How's that?! Oh and the EU?! YOU dare fuck with me and my gas duct?! No more meat imports from you, in yo' face, motherfuckers. Yeah! I rule!

So pathetically childish.

PS: Lol at Team Putin finding justification for anything he does.
    Last edited by mmoc9052a96a67; 2014-10-21 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    Hitting America where it hurts the most, dirty move putin