Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    No one dictates how to play. This AoE Nerfed had no gameplay changes. Whoever finds it fun can still go for it, they just not get rewarded as much as before.
    And getting a sixfold gold of players who do max LVL Content + over a thousand Cloth per hour is definitely disappropriate.
    Says who? And I like how you ignore that this kicks in even during normal leveling during kill quests that require a few mobs/items.

I am very vocal with my concerns and disagreements. Never growing tired of stating the dislike of Blizzard putting less Mounts in the game since Patch 5.4 which can be earned as rewards by playing WoW than the number of Mounts awarded from something other than playing the game (i.e. store).
    "Earned" as in low percentage drop or earned as in stuff you actually achieve and get rewarded for? Because I honestly don't see how any of the world boss mounts are earned. I'd like to see the shop gone though.

I don't see how hoarding TCG/Craft Mounts is much of an accomplishment. Large ammount of TCG mounts actually make you seem like a duper, not that I'd imply you're one.

And how would it even affect the discussion? In what way shape or form do arguments from unresentful sweet persons hold more value?
    In the same way that PvE players commenting on them being unattackable on PvP servers and claiming it to be a good thing because of "evil sociopathic pvp players" isn't worth much.

This isn't the first time Blizzard tried something like this.
    Back when WoW was still in beta, you were penalized if you played for too long. The longer you played, the less XP mobs gave. That didn't last too long.

Can't believe Blizzard is trying that again. An MMO by its very definition is about grinding and loot. Telling players how to play or punishing them for how they play, especially when they are paying to play the game, is beyond wrong. I hope it bites them in the ass.

Nice design. Non-botter can just keep moving and kill different mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    Bots can do the same even easier than human players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    Not when your quest has "kill X number of mobs or collect Y number of bear asses" in a busy levelling area when the expansion launches.

Looks like Blizz is making us "SLOW DOWWWWWNNN!"
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2014-10-23 at 07:09 AM.

Yesterday I said that the XP reduction portion of the feature is unpleasant, but doesn't bother me much.

I have changed my mind since. The XP reduction portion is still less important than the potential loot reduction portion (writing "potential" because loot reduction hasn't been confirmed well enough - XP reduction unequivocally was), but it's still plenty annoying, because it does kick in at various places during leveling, and they did absolutely nothing to make sure it doesn't (like, I don't know, improve some drop rates, maybe).

It's terrible and it does hurt legit players plenty. Blizzard, are you listening to me? I am killing the 30th mob named X, because previous 29 didn't give me 10 drops which your quest giver asks me to bring! I'd gladly kill just 10, if I could, but the quest items don't drop, so I kill 30 and you hit me with your XP reduction (and possibly loot, oh, what a cruel joke that would be - kill lots of mobs because you don't get quest drops and get hit by the system which makes loot drop even less)! WTF???!

PS: Read this, for example, the guy has the same experience:

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...ing_xp_is_too/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Not when your quest has "kill X number of mobs or collect Y number of bear asses" in a busy levelling area when the expansion launches.

Looks like Blizz is making us "SLOW DOWWWWWNNN!"
    Looks like they didn't think through the consequences. As usual (this isn't a snark, they really don't think things through most of the time, they patch them on the fly, the result is, of course, a mess).
    Last edited by rda; 2014-10-23 at 07:41 AM.

This is stupid ever since Blizzard added that god awful CRZ bullshit I've tried to find alternatives for levelling mostly through grinding mobs or running dungeons to avoid the clusterfuck zones have turned into. I was boosting a friend yesterday in dungeons and noticed my rain of fire was unable to one shot level 30s, this is as a lock with 572 item level.

Something tells me they didn't bother to think this through punishing legit players to counter bots isn't the right step forward.

Eventhough I rarely grind or aoe fest. I must say this change is quite retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Eventhough I rarely grind or aoe fest. I must say this change is quite retarded.
    There is a reason this is undocumented, I'm kinda wondering if they really expected the commnity not to notice it though.

TL;DR, is there any official blizzard respond already to this? Cba to read all pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    TL;DR, is there any official blizzard respond already to this? Cba to read all pages.
    Several threads on the forums plus questions on twitter - no response so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Several threads on the forums plus questions on twitter - no response so far.
    Makes me real curious, I honestly don't think blizzard is to stupid to think we wouldn't notice this.

Along with no flying at max level in WoD content to slow down gamers, this change to AOE-grinding sounds about par for the course in blizzard agenda to slow all games down.

There are many times in my game play nights I spent a fair amount of time AOE grinding mobs.

Another very odd move just to slow gamers down. Another I can't support.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Along with no flying at max level in WoD content to slow down gamers,
    Oh you bringing this lie into other threads too :P cute.

But yeah I still don't understand what this accomplishes.

So, does it affect loot or doesn't it? Nobody seems able to agree and the posts here are split half each way.

Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    So, does it affect loot or doesn't it? Nobody seems able to agree and the posts here are split half each way.
    No definite answer. Waiting for Blizzard to clarify, and they are silent on everything.

Deleted
    Don't like this at all. It won't effect bots but im presuming blizzard are implementing to stop any exploit which could abuse fast levelling?.

Also doesnt this stop the people who sell those 85-90 leveling boosts?

Deleted
    Just waiting for a blue response on any forum to any of the threads people have made about this, after that it will be on MMO-champ frontpage and then people will really notice this and pitchforks will be raised.

After a few days of testing this seems to be effecting levels 60-85 specially with cloth drops..

The bat farming in Naxx that used to drop around 200 cloths is now down to 50, monsters in Icecrown now barely drop 1-2.. sometimes even 0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Getting the Mounts is a matter of persistence and dedication. They are earned.
    Persistence and luck, nothing else. That's not earning them. I ran Stonecore over a thousand times to finally get my drake from there. How is repeating something trivial over and over again "earned"?
    OT: All who say this will not stop Bots go ahead and game the System. If Bots are supposedly clever enough to still get profit then so are you.
    It even comes into effect during normal questing reducing xp and drops from quest mobs. Please at least read the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Just waiting for a blue response on any forum to any of the threads people have made about this, after that it will be on MMO-champ frontpage and then people will really notice this and pitchforks will be raised.
    WoP - Warlords of Pitchforks. I mean they really upset a lot of people already with the prepatch and most of them don't even know about a lot of WoD changes like no flying yet. I'ma grab some popcorn.