6.0.2 Holy Haste Breakpoint

I am curious to see if any one has found a noticeable point at which we start seeing diminishing returns on haste for Holy. It seems to me that it is possible that there isn't a break point due to the over time abilities changes introduced in 6.0.2. Any ways, I would like to use the coming weeks to practice Holy in anticipation of lvl100 in WoD and want to make sure I am doing it right!
    Last edited by Nioso; 2014-10-20 at 09:04 PM.

I am fairly sure there is no longer any haste break points, that information is somewhere on these forums but I forget where exactly.

There are no more haste breakpoints. The only point at which haste diminishes now is when you manage to go under the GCD cap with bloodlust or PI if you're specc'd for it.

Great answers and along the lines of what I suspected. Thanks!

Read the patch notes. They explicitly state that "haste breakpoints" are no longer a thing, and explain why.

Deleted
    You shouldn't trust the patchnotes so blindly. I'm sure all of you did not test it. Haste Breakpoints are still in the game, at least for Renew if you refresh it with single target heals while in Chakra: Serenity. If you refresh Renew by recasting it, it will last 130% of the initial duration (no Breakpoints). Lightwell and HW:S have no Breakpoints aswell.

At lvl 100 Breakpoints for unglyphed Renew are: 10%, 30%, 50% Haste
    Glyphed + lvl 100 or unglyphed lvl 90: 12.5%, 37.5%, 62.5% Haste
    Glyphed lvl 90: 16.67%, 50% Haste

Yes, Haste breakpoints still "exist", but they exist in a way that makes "haste breakpoints" in terms of haste% no longer worth shooting for.

It does this by introducing "partial ticks". IE if your Haste pushes Renew's 15 seconds to 16.5 seconds, it won't lose a tick, it will just go:

12s: Normal tick
    15s: Normal tick
    16.5s: Reduced tick

Where the reduced tick is xx% less than a normal tick, depending on the time between the last normal tick, and the expiration of the HoT/DoT. In this case, the 16.5s tick would be 50% of a normal tick, because it's 50% of the time to the next normal tick.

This makes it so that you no longer need to gear for "12.5%" or "37.5%" haste, because you won't gain or lose or gain ticks, per se.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yes, Haste breakpoints still "exist", but they exist in a way that makes "haste breakpoints" in terms of haste% no longer worth shooting for.

It does this by introducing "partial ticks". IE if your Haste pushes Renew's 15 seconds to 16.5 seconds, it won't lose a tick, it will just go:

12s: Normal tick
    15s: Normal tick
    16.5s: Reduced tick

Where the reduced tick is xx% less than a normal tick, depending on the time between the last normal tick, and the expiration of the HoT/DoT. In this case, the 16.5s tick would be 50% of a normal tick, because it's 50% of the time to the next normal tick.

This makes it so that you no longer need to gear for "12.5%" or "37.5%" haste, because you won't gain or lose or gain ticks, per se.
    In general you are right, however, haste will never increase the duration of a HoT, it will decrease the time between the ticks. But the refresh from Chakra: Serenity doesn't work like that. Sure, it only affects a single spell in one certain situation, but you can still profit from.

If Renew get's refreshed using the effect of Chakra: Serenity there are not partial ticks at the end of the duration. You will gain an additional tick if you surpass the haste breakpoints, just like you did before 6.0. You can test it ingame. It works just like before 6.0, the duration of Renew varies with every refresh.
    Last edited by mmoc7a8145c6c2; 2014-10-21 at 06:48 PM.