Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i ran with totemic vigor, and totems are still easily destroyed by autoattacks from dds, i dont know wich fears are casted in wod,(i think wls have to harcast it know, warrior dont have it , but priest is still instant, dont know about druids and paladins) but for example priests now can silence and fear. so that u cant even drop the totem when needed, because of silence (or this holy word stun thing). in addition to bait, and in addition it can be killed by x instant fast.
    I dont think tremor was overpowered, exept against comps had only one warrior fear in them, and no charm / sleep. BUT i dont recall this happening to often, perhaps some double melee teams without priest or paladin, warrior / feral monk or something like that?.

Shaman was a sucessful healer because of the abundance of warlocks with their portals, i dont recall any shaman healer team that didnt have a warlock in the eu or us finals, because shaman is an easy kill if allowed to tunnel. Its still the only healer class that has no way to do anything defensive while silenced or stunned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzwozzer View Post
    Anyone claiming that tremor totem is useless is either being dishonest or ignorant. It is still useful to break fears. The old implementation was overpowered (especially when coupled with CotE), and was a large part of the reason that resto shamans were top tier pvp healers throughout all of MoP. It was also part of the reason that almost all top tier comps involved either a dps shaman or resto shaman. The only exceptions were mage/resto druid comps (RMD and godcomp) due to the extra cc break provided by symbiosis ice block (which is removed in WoD).

If enemies aren't cc'ing you before they fear, then you should try to anticipate the fear and react accordingly. If enemies are using strategies that involve cc'ing into the fear, then they are playing correctly and should be rewarded with the fear for lack of your teammates stopping the fear. This is the same scenario as it has always been at a high level. If a warlock uses shadowfury on you, your teammates should stop the subsequent fear. Similarly if a priest disarms, your teammates should stop the fear. It is the same scenario with other classes: disorient into cyclone, deep freeze into poly, etc.

Having poor latency isn't an argument against tremor totem. Just because your latency prevents you from properly reacting to fears, doesn't mean tremor is a useless spell. By that logic, interrupts/grounding totem are useless because you can't use them correctly due to poor latency.

Also note that no high level shaman runs without totemic vigor, so complaints about the totem having 5hp are a non-issue. In addition, the class with the highest potential to fear has lost the ability to quickly totem stomp (warlock fel flame was removed).

That said, a cooldown reduction might be justified to make the spell more useful. Also, there are areas in which shamans could use buffs that are unrelated to tremor. Something to help resto shamans when they are trained is an obvious example. These weaknesses are not justifications for an overpowered tremor totem though.
    It wasn't simply Tremor that made us so strong, though, it was our whole "anti-crowd control" toolkit with Grounding Totem, a ranged interrupt and so on included. What we lacked in crowd control, we made up for in ways of making sure others couldn't do any. That, in addition to us getting the best result out of classes that could peel for us, since we're one of the easiest kill targets when it comes to healers, was what made us so strong. Also, the abundance of Fear naturally made us a good choice in a world where there was a Priest, Warlock or Warrior in almost every composition.

I do agree that Tremor needed to be changed, but they completely went about it the wrong way. Not only does it have a long cooldown and require much more setting up, as well as easily being countered, there's a lot more issues with it as some people have said, as well as most fears either being casted or having less than a 30 second cooldown - half of that of Tremor. What also makes me cringe is the fact that Berserker Rage and Nimble Brew are completely untouched, too.

Deleted
    One of the main reasons I PvPed with elemental shaman was being able to deal with fears consistently as I find them the most infuriating aspect of the game. I'm not good enough to make use of it enough before I do get feared. Now that its been reduced, the lack of burst, the focus on EQ in AoE, reduction if movement casting and the reduction of healing and defensive options, I might be changing class preferably to shadow priest or mage.

Stuck with elemental since Wrath but this expansion might just be enough to tip me to spriest, loving it atm but who knows, I always seem to come back to ele.

Yea elemental pvp is pretty dead in 3vs3, but this is mostly due to no burst dmg i reckon. I would really like a way to make it work again, bit i dont see it happen. Blowing people up with occasionaly insane procluck made me giggle madly sometimes.

In duells, its ok, because of casting selfheals a lot. Enhancement i think is on the same position. Dps with low dmg output and no pressure just doesnt work in arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Yea elemental pvp is pretty dead in 3vs3, but this is mostly due to no burst dmg i reckon. I would really like a way to make it work again, bit i dont see it happen. Blowing people up with occasionaly insane procluck made me giggle madly sometimes.

In duells, its ok, because of casting selfheals a lot. Enhancement i think is on the same position. Dps with low dmg output and no pressure just doesnt work in arenas.
    Most of our damage was put into our passive Molten Earth mastery, which makes Lava Burst and Lightning Bolt "tickle" the enemy, so our burst through Ascendance is somewhat useless now. I'd rather spend the time making use of the silence protection healing myself.