6.02 Combat Opener

So with the loss of shadow blades and this new god awful BG I can no longer time my second KSpree into red guile.

So basically do we hold off on Kspree on the opener now? Or continue as normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Keres View Post
    So with the loss of shadow blades and this new god awful BG I can no longer time my second KSpree into red guile.

So basically do we hold off on Kspree on the opener now? Or continue as normal?
    I am pretty sure you still want to Amush-SnD-KS on the opener. As for getting a second KS into deep insight I'm not sure. You could delay deep insight until you get your second KS up. But I know at level 100 when deep insight is +50% damage it isn't a good idea to delay it too much. I'm not sure about level 90.

So by delaying it I have to spam RS instead of SS? and lose dmg that way as well? Is blizzard class devs on drugs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Keres View Post
    So by delaying it I have to spam RS instead of SS? and lose dmg that way as well? Is blizzard class devs on drugs or something?
    Pretty much. The math is somethign like delaying BG more than 2 seconds is already a DPS loss, so dont even bother just let BG do its own stuf and play your game like if didnt exist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Pretty much. The math is somethign like delaying BG more than 2 seconds is already a DPS loss, so dont even bother just let BG do its own stuf and play your game like if didnt exist lol.
    I suspect that it's closer to ~5 sec delay of deep is a loss at level 100. At level 90 you can hold moderate as long as necessary. At 50% deep insight uptime your average damage from BG is going to be ~20%, which is what moderate insight is. 50% deep insight uptime is equivalent to a 30sec BG cycle time. BG cycle time is closer to 40-45 seconds, which means the average damage contribution from BG is less than 20%--by a couple percent (it's actually ~17%).

While RvS doesn't hit as hard as SS, keep in mind, it's the same combo points per energy, but cheaper, so more MG procs than an equivalent amount of energy spent on SS. It's probably worth delaying deep for that second spree. You'll probably need to plan ahead because you still need to SS every 12-15 sec or so to maintain moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I suspect that it's closer to ~5 sec delay of deep is a loss at level 100. At level 90 you can hold moderate as long as necessary. At 50% deep insight uptime your average damage from BG is going to be ~20%, which is what moderate insight is. 50% deep insight uptime is equivalent to a 30sec BG cycle time. BG cycle time is closer to 40-45 seconds, which means the average damage contribution from BG is less than 20%--by a couple percent (it's actually ~17%).

While RvS doesn't hit as hard as SS, keep in mind, it's the same combo points per energy, but cheaper, so more MG procs than an equivalent amount of energy spent on SS. It's probably worth delaying deep for that second spree. You'll probably need to plan ahead because you still need to SS every 12-15 sec or so to maintain moderate.
    I remember reading somewhere it was somethign liek 2 or 3 seconds on lv 100, I guess it was on the Rymes simC topic, cant find the post anymore. And theres one thing ppl arent taking in consideration, I hold moderate to use spree on deep OK, but that changes when my next deep will happen in relation to my CDs and it may not end up lining well at all and I gain DPS on this one insight here but loose on the next, that second part is kinda impossible to predict. So unless the rule is hold insight everytime for CDs I dont see how holding it once changes much since you dont realy know how itll affect your next CDs/BGs cycles.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-10-21 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I remember reading somewhere it was somethign liek 2 or 3 seconds on lv 100, I guess it was on the Rymes simC topic, cant find the post anymore. And theres one thing ppl arent taking in consideration, I hold moderate to use spree on deep OK, but that changes when my next deep will happen in relation to my CDs and it may not end up lining well at all and I gain DPS on this one insight here but loose on the next, that second part is kinda impossible to predict. So unless the rule is hold insight everytime for CDs I dont see how holding it once changes much since you dont realy know how itll affect your next CDs/BGs cycles.
    What I'm saying is that at level 90 it's probably ok to hold moderate for a full minute. Your next spree may not land in a deep insight, but your next AR probably will. With AoC it's possible to have a cooldown for every deep insight.