Question about monitor im intending to buy

Hi guys. Im intendig to buy a new 27" monitor.

AOC IPS+ 3D 27" D2757PH 5ms

The website says its 144hz but ive read a few reviews online saying its not really 144hz. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Resolution
    1920x1080 on a 27" is not high enough dpi.

2. Panel
    AOC claims 144Hz with an IPS panel and 5ms nominal response time. Yeah... not gonna happen.

- If you want good image quality, get an 27" 1440p IPS monitor.
    - If you want fast response times and high refresh rates, get an 120/144Hz 23"/24" 1080p monitor. Maybe even one with G-Sync (If you should have a supported graphics card)
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noobj View Post
    Hi guys. Im intendig to buy a new 27" monitor.

AOC IPS+ 3D 27" D2757PH 5ms

The website says its 144hz but ive read a few reviews online saying its not really 144hz. Does anyone have a definitive answer?
    Here:
    http://www.aocmonitorap.com/root/anz...lay.php?id=272
    - it says 144Mhz, which is nonsense. But yeah, other websites specify that it is indeed 144hz. What you probably have heard as "not really 144hz" is this (quoting a guy from here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381803):

"AOC g2460Pqu has: DP, Duallink DVI, HDMI & D-SUB
    You can get 144Hz officially only on DVI, 120Hz on DP/DVI/HDMI."

Overall, it seems like a great monitor, so I approve of your choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    1. Resolution
    1920x1080 on a 27" is not high enough dpi.
    It is subjective. I'm using a 50" LED TV at 1080p sitting about 2 ft from it, and I don't have any problem with DPI.

50" at 2 feet? I bet your neck is ripped from having to move your head around to see your monitor. I don't know how any one can use a TV for any real computing. Once you go past the 27" line at 1920x1080, pixels get way too big. I don't know how you can read text or do anything with that pixel density @ 2 feet away.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding is it's a 60Hz input monitor with an internal process allowing 144Hz. Nothing really new but it's probably not worth it.

There's only one native 120Hz IGZO (IPS like) monitor at the moment and that thing is $2.2k. It's a 4k monitor to boot but the 120Hz is using 1920x1080 resolution. Native refresh rate, no overclock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    50" at 2 feet? I bet your neck is ripped from having to move your head around to see your monitor. I don't know how any one can use a TV for any real computing. Once you go past the 27" line at 1920x1080, pixels get way too big. I don't know how you can read text or do anything with that pixel density @ 2 feet away.
    Not at all! I don't move my head around much, I mostly move my eyes and, anyway, most of the time my sight is focused at the center area and the surrounding area provides that incredible immersion effects that I always felt at cinema. This immersion is much more important to me than the fact that, if I try really hard, I can distinct separate pixels in a static picture (not in motion as they kind of swirl around changing colors and such).

Anyway, like I said, it is a matter of preference. Some people are much less tolerant towards low DPI than others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Not at all! I don't move my head around much, I mostly move my eyes and, anyway, most of the time my sight is focused at the center area and the surrounding area provides that incredible immersion effects that I always felt at cinema. This immersion is much more important to me than the fact that, if I try really hard, I can distinct separate pixels in a static picture (not in motion as they kind of swirl around changing colors and such).

Anyway, like I said, it is a matter of preference. Some people are much less tolerant towards low DPI than others.
    I think you made a mistake with those numbers...
    A 50" TV has a diagonal of more than 4 feet, and you claim to use it from 2 feet away? To reiterate: 2 feet is the distance you would normally sit in front of a normal (less than 24" -> less than half the size of a 50" tv) computer monitor on a desk
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    I think you made a mistake with those numbers...
    A 50" TV has a diagonal of more than 4 feet, and you claim to use it from 2 feet away? To reiterate: 2 feet is the distance you would normally sit in front of a normal (less than 24" -> less than half the size of a 50" tv) computer monitor on a desk
    No, everything is clear. With 24" monitor I used to sit really close to it, maybe 1 feet or so, so now it is 2 times farther, while the monitor's diagonal is 2 times larger - I see the exact same solid angle as before.