Help with HS on iPad

Hey,

lately HS on my iPad just doesnt work proerly and i wonder if i can change it. It didnt happen until some weeks ago. It doesnt seem like a hgeneral connection issue, because else my connection works properly for everything. My problem is:

I can normaly start into a turn and i can play out cards. The problem starts when i dos some onboard movement like attacking with a minion. Then HS just gets stuck. Sometimes it doesnt recover at all. Most often it does recover tho just when the "time is up" cord begins to burn. The same is when a card has an effect or for spells. It seems like a huge lagspike that maybe recovers in the end of the round. Its so annoying. I lose about 1/3 of all my games because of that

Whats wrong with HS for the iPad? Anyone having the same problem?

Thx!

I have your issue in one way or another as well. (Not sure if you're issue is FPS- or lag-related.) I've been having this problem since the release of HS for iPad. The most annoying thing about it is that sometimes you don't know whether your opponent is taking his time or if you've been disconnected (as the game does not notify you about lag/disconnects on the iPad). So whenever I don't see any movement from my opponent for about 15 seconds, I need to restart HS right away to be sure that I don't get disconnected during my turn. I guess it has to do with the HS app itself as my connection is working just fine as well for every other App, and wherever I am (whether it's at home or a public area), HS just tends to disconnect from time to time. As far as I know there isn't a lot of Blizz-feedback about it, but here are a couple of useful tips from other people who had the same issue:

- Reboot your iPad before playing (unless you just started it up of course). That is, power it off and then power it on. This removes any lingering memory leaks caused by the OS, and kills any unwanted background processes.
    - Disable Background App Refresh in the settings. This helped out most users. The intent is for iOS to automatically launch the apps you frequently use in the background and retrieve content, so that when you really launch it yourself, the content is already there. You DO NOT want any other apps being launched by iOS in the background.
    - Disable background location services. This is used by apps with location tracking IN THE BACKGROUND, such as reminders/notificaitons when you arrive or leave a location.
    - Finally, forcefully kill all other applications (double tap home button, and swipe up every other application) before running Hearthstone.
    - Have some free space on the device to use for temporary files and memory swapping. Half a gb would do. iOS itself needs some free space to do housekeeping.

If it's an FPS-issue, then try this: Don't touch your friends list or chat in Hearthstone if possible. It seems to cause slowdowns of the overall game over time. It can drop the FPS drastically and eventually, iOS closes HS because if any app freezes for 10 seconds, iOS automatically shuts it down.

Additional note:
    A number of users have posted on the official support forums for HS for mobile that after deleting and reinstalling Hearthstone, their lag issues are gone.

Hey,

thx a lot for all these informations. Ill try them 1 by 1 and see if something solves my problem.

" The most annoying thing about it is that sometimes you don't know whether your opponent is taking his time or if you've been disconnected..."

lol i know this, and i think like...ah cmon, why it takes him so long. And then i realize i just dcd:P

One simple advice: don't move around with your iPad while playing.

Your WiFi ALWAYS has a limited range where ever you are and other devices can easely interfere communications like micro waves.

Normally you never play hardcore mode (perma death) on WiFi in D3 either and that is even with a fixed desk top...

99% of the cases of getting off line is due to bad WiFi connections. When having trouble sometimes just moving 3 meters is enough to be reconnected.

Of course we mostly don't see these hic ups while browsing websites etc..., but they can be annoying in games.

The sad part is that a LOT of providors install their own WIFi devices of inferior quality. Whenever you buy an extra repeater it mostly has a vastly superior range and the worst things happen when your repeater takes over from the one you were first connected to.

Normally you would avoid PC gaming on a WiFi network like the plague, but iPads have no choice really.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-10-23 at 06:18 AM.

Well i tried everything but it doesnt help. I honestly cant believe apple is selling such a bullshit product. Especially since an iPad is basicly made for the purpose to be WiFi. If you cant use it with WiFi, why would one buy an iPad?!?

What a fail product....

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Well i tried everything but it doesnt help. I honestly cant believe apple is selling such a bullshit product. Especially since an iPad is basicly made for the purpose to be WiFi. If you cant use it with WiFi, why would one buy an iPad?!?

What a fail product....
    Haha, blaming Apple and calling iPad a fail product because you have bad WiFi in one game You really don't know much about technical stuff, do you?

What kind of iPad do you have? If it's too old, it won't run new games properly either.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Haha, blaming Apple and calling iPad a fail product because you have bad WiFi in one game You really don't know much about technical stuff, do you?

What kind of iPad do you have? If it's too old, it won't run new games properly either.
    Pff, i have an ipad mini since about 4 months. And its not only the one game... It cant even properly open safari without being stuck 10 times in the loading process. And dont tell me its bad wifi. On my iphone or my laptop the internet and games work all over the flat...

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Pff, i have an ipad mini since about 4 months. And its not only the one game... It cant even properly open safari without being stuck 10 times in the loading process. And dont tell me its bad wifi. On my iphone or my laptop the internet and games work all over the flat...
    Your problem clearly comes from your WiFi connection.

I have NO problem at all and the newer Mini Pads should run it all perfectly.

Probably you play too far from your router. Try to position yourself with in 5 meters from the router and - of course - in the same room.

Like I said above even a short start up of anorher device can break up your connection, the micro wave is an excellent example.

But the iPad is nowhere to blame for the problems with your WiFi connection.

Deleted
    I've had this problem a few times, and like others have said I think it's caused mostly by your WiFi connection. Try to play the game from a cafe or somewhere with a different connection and see if the issue still happens.