Poll: Would you taste human meat?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    So, I was watching Come Dine with Me (polish version) and one of the contestants said that he would taste not only cat or dog meat but also a human meat (!) if it was seasoned well.

Generally I'm not surprised by anything but saying such a thing freely on TV is quite shocking. To me, it doesn't differ much from killing a human just to "test" how it feels to kill a human...

Would you be shocked if your guest said something like this? Or wouldn't you mind tasting a human meat with him/her?
    Having already tried dog, rat and a few other things (and probably cat not knowingly), I'd give it a chance.

And no, sorry, this has nothing to do with seeing "how it feels to kill a human". If someone dies in a car accident, why should we waste all this good, fresh and healthy meat ?
    Oh, hi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    And why do you have to automatically imply homicide? There are many scenarios like being stranded in a desert or tundra or mountains far from civilization and one of the group dies. In that case, wasting so much protein would be a suicidal kind of stupidity. I know I wouldn't hesitate to cannibalize a fresh corpse in a situation like this. Also, I believe it is a valid way of saying "farewell" to your loved one who dies - read "Stranger in a strange land" by Robert Heinlein.
    We're not talking about survival situations. I think that my first post and word "taste" point this out pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No, never.
    And I'm not gonna lie, this is the only poll that slightly shocked me to see those results... I mean, to each their own, but still, hweugh. I wouldn't eat cats or dogs either, it's just unnatural to me after spending so much time around them to suddenly be like "Oh, here's meat from them!"
    That's exactly why I created this poll. To see if it's shocking to most people or only me. Deep inside I had hope for at least 80% "no" votes..

It's hard to say what I'd do if I found myself at the point of starvation, but I can't imagine myself doing it.

Deleted
    100% yes, assuming the person was reared with the intention human consumption in some sort of farm. As long as the person was healthy before being butchered and wasn't carrying any kind of parasite or disease, I'd be more than willing to try it.
    I'd also quite happily try dog, cat, horse, etc. Again, as long as the meat wasn't tainted.
    I've had Ostrich and Crocodile before, both of which were delicious. Ostrich is like an extremely tender steak. To be honest, I don't really see what the big taboo with eating human flesh is, as long as there hasn't been any foul play involved. It's absurd, really for somebody to happily gulp down cheeseburgers and kebabs, but suddenly turn their nose up at the prospect of eating flesh from another completely legitimate mammal.
    It's kinda like little kids refusing to eat broccoli without even taking a bite. How the hell do you know you don't like it, when you haven't even tried it?

I can imagine the ribs tasting amazing.

We're not talking about survival situations. I think that my first post and word "taste" point this out pretty clearly.

That's exactly why I created this poll. To see if it's shocking to most people or only me. Deep inside I had hope for at least 80% "no" votes..
    but really what is so shocking about being curious how humans taste. There is nothing on an animal level wrong about eating people, nor is there anything inherently "gross" about it. On a base level if you can eat a cow you can eat a person.

The issue only comes from our morality which defines cannibalism as a pretty strict taboo. With that said, as a civilized person, it's a taboo I can agree with. However, What most people in this thread are saying is they are curious about it...not that they are going to go out and murder someone so they can eat them. We as people tend to be drawn to and curious about our cultural taboos. This is no exception.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

You said nothing about "eating" human you said "taste" so for all we know you were talking about dick sucking and pussy eating.

The idea that you think 80% of people would choose death over survival is pretty fucked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    but really what is so shocking about being curious how humans taste. There is nothing on an animal level wrong about eating people, nor is there anything inherently "gross" about it. On a base level if you can eat a cow you can eat a person.

The issue only comes from our morality which defines cannibalism as a pretty strict taboo. With that said, as a civilized person, it's a taboo I can agree with. However, What most people in this thread are saying is they are curious about it...not that they are going to go out and murder someone so they can eat them. We as people tend to be drawn to and curious about our cultural taboos. This is no exception.
    Being curious is one thing... tasting a once living human is a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    You said nothing about "eating" human you said "taste" so for all we know you were talking about dick sucking and pussy eating.

The idea that you think 80% of people would choose death over survival is pretty fucked up.
    Again, we're not talking about survival. Is reading so complicated? Tasting as eating a piece of cooked (or fried or whatever) human meat.

Human meat probably tastes awful considering all of the shit we consume and imbibe on a regular basis.

Beef tastes they way it tastes because generally speaking cows eat and drink 3 things for their entire life.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Only if she's attractive.
    Haha yes!!! sir you win

No, just like I wouldn't taste cat, dog, horse.

I don't know. It doesn't make sense, because meat is meat so why would you eat a cow and not a horse? but still...

It just seems wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Humans and pigs eat pretty much the same things... we also have the same body temperature. And pig organs can be used in humans:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=130708

As Tony said earlier in this thread, human meat tastes like pig meat. It also smells like pig meat when a person dies in a fire... (from being burned vs dying from inhalation) which is why a lot of firefighters do not like eating pork...
    I don't think pigs eat cheeseburgers sugary candy and drinks, alcohol, drugs etc.

The human body is a gigantic shit filter. Unless you can find some like grass fed free range humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I don't think pigs eat cheeseburgers
    Ever tried feeding one a cheeseburger?

Pretty sure they'd eat one.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Ever tried feeding one a cheeseburger?

Pretty sure they'd eat one.
    A pig you eat bacon from isn't being fed a diet of Carl's Jr. and Jack Daniels. There's a reason it tastes good.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I wouldn't, if I had a choice. If the only other choice was starve to death then I probably would.

I've already tasted human "meat" if you know what I mean ;)
    Last edited by Imnick; 2014-10-23 at 05:44 PM.

Not intentionally. No interest whatsoever. If someone fed me human meat and I didn't know about it until after I don't think I would have too hard of a time about it, but it's definitely not something I want to try. What the hell's wrong with all the other available meats?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Well, they can eat it, I mean... and I know a few pigs that have been fed human table scraps/leftovers. Also... some people do pretty much have a vegetarian/organic diet. Especially people living in California.
    I mean pigs and cows being sent for slaughter, that we eat, and why they taste usually pretty good. Because their diet is controlled 99% of the time.

Maybe a vegan human would taste ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    The current poll results are extremely disturbing...

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://youtu.be/9IKVj4l5GU4

No, I won't eat people.

Again, we're not talking about survival. Is reading so complicated? Tasting as eating a piece of cooked (or fried or whatever) human meat.
    Actually yea 90% of the people that posted in this thread are talking about exactly that. Is reading that complicated to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I've already tasted human "meat" if you know what I mean
    I dont know what you mean could you please go into very graphic detail of you experience?