Moving from Laptop to a Gaming PC need some help (Budget build)

Hello everyone!

I'm moving from my laptop (core i5 2410m, Radeon HD 6770M and 4gb Ram) to a desktop computer but I need some advise since I don't know much about it. I basically will need the PC for playing WoW (now with WoD my laptop doesn't handle it very well), Diablo 3 and not much more at the moment to be honest. My budget is around 600€ more or less, the less the better. After investigating for a while I got to this build would like some insights please:

GPU: MSI RADEON R9 270 TWINFROZR GAMING 2GB GDDR5 175,85€
    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHZ VISHERA 6-COREBLACK EDITION SKT AM3+ 99,90€
    Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING SKT AM3+ 103,15€
    RAM: G.SKILL PC3-12800 1600MHZ 8GB AEGIS LOW VOLTAGE CL11 (2X4GB) DDR3 76,85€
    DISK: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 500GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA III 3.5’ 45,40€
    CASE: CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES SPEC-01 RED LED USB 3.0 55,85€
    PSU: CORSAIR VS550 550W 49,55€
    Total = 606.55€ (These are the prices I can get from Portuguese online stores)

Is it enough to max out settings on both Diablo 3 and WoW specially 20 man raids with good FPS (60+)?
    Stupid question, this motherboard have integrated wifi or do I need to buy another component?
    Which monitor/TV do you suggest with full HD resolution (bellow 200€ - different budget)?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

I just copied this from the web page off the shop i bought it in then put it in translator (since website was swedish)
    But this is my comp costed 17k swedish, dono the conversion rate typ usd or euro tho but comp +screen, keyboard and mouse went for 22k in total and it runs all games max grapics with no lagg or fps drops
    Also the screen i bought is 2560x1440

Processor
    Manufacturer Intel, Devil's Canyon
    Processor type Core i7, 4790K
    Processor coolers Corsair H80, water cooling + 1pc Corsair fan 120 mm
    Number of cores 4th
    Speed 4 GHz, 8 MB Cache
    Graphics Card
    Manufacturer Nvidia
    GPU-type GeForce GTX 970
    Speed 1076 MHz, (1216 Mhz Boost Clock)
    Memory 4 GB GDDR5
    Hard Drive
    Primary drive (boot disk) 250 GB, SSD Samsung 840 series
    Secondary disk (storage) 3000 GB, 7200 RPM, 64 MB Cache
    Connect SATA 6.0 Gbit/s
    Memory
    Internal memory size of 16 GB, 2x8192MB
    Memory type DDR3 1600 MHz, Corsair VENGEANCE LP RED
    Available memory slots 2
    Maximum memory size of 32 GB

Optical drive Yes, DVD±RW Dual Layer, SATA
    Motherboard MSI Z97-S02, SLI support
    Sound card Realtek ALC892 Yes, 7.1.
    Cabinet Taurus HAF Miditower
    Installed fans 1st 200 mm (front) with adjustable red LED lighting + 1st 120 mm rear
    Power supply 700W, BeQuiet Force
    Operating system Windows 8 (1) 64-bit, Swedish or English (selectable during installation)
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2014-10-21 at 10:15 AM.

From what I saw 17000 krone swedish is around 1800 euros which is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from my budget but thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    From what I saw 17000 krone swedish is around 1800 euros which is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from my budget but thanks anyway.
    Well atleast now you know wich parts are "Good" xD maby they can be used for comparrison?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Well atleast now you know wich parts are "Good" xD maby they can be used for comparrison?
    Sadly its quite hard to compare that way since your pc is probably high end and that's not really what i'm looking for to start with :P

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    Sadly its quite hard to compare that way since your pc is probably high end and that's not really what i'm looking for to start with :P
    http://www.inet.se/produkt/1517090/t...ced-gtx-650-ti
    That's a link to another comp from the same brand but that one cost 7k, but site is on swedish so pull it through a translator first :>

Deleted
    So whats the budget? the country? Fill up the forum sticky:

Include the following information when posting a request.

• Budget
    • Resolution
    • Games / Settings Desired
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    • Country
    • Parts that can be reused
    • Do you need an OS?
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Ideally include a list of parts, we see the same request almost every day. There are other topics that have parts lists that you can copy and modify.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    So whats the budget? the country? Fill up the forum sticky:
    Hello!

I belive I stated everything more less on the inicial post but it's in a plain text instead of topics probably making it hard to read. Here we go:

Budget: Around 600€ - but the less is better
    Resolution: the more the better as I'm considering buying a full HD screen - not sure if I can use a TV or it must be a monitor
    Games / Settings Desired: World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor and Diablo 3 mainly - Want to be able to play on Ultra on both for the majority of the settings and around 60 FPS while Raiding 20 man / multilplayer.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Eventually streaming.
    Parts that can be reused: I want to buy everything new
    Do you need an OS? Yes will be windows 8.1 but it doesn't enter on this budget
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Monitor but it will have is own budget (less than 200€)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're mostly playing WoW, I cannot recommend Intel CPUs over AMD hard enough. AMD CPUs are simply not good for WoW raiding. The single-core performance of even a budget dual-core i3 is going to outweigh an 8320/8350. If you're planning on streaming eventually, the bare minimum I'd be looking at is an i5, probably i5-4690k.

The problem is, in order to get something that will be worth buying, you're looking at breaking that budget by 30-50%. I wouldn't even waste money on a "budget" build, especially for streaming. Save until you can afford a decent upper-mid rig and it will last much much longer, saving you money in the long run versus upgrading to newer budget pieces very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    If you're mostly playing WoW, I cannot recommend Intel CPUs over AMD hard enough. AMD CPUs are simply not good for WoW raiding. The single-core performance of even a budget dual-core i3 is going to outweigh an 8320/8350. If you're planning on streaming eventually, the bare minimum I'd be looking at is an i5, probably i5-4690k.

The problem is, in order to get something that will be worth buying, you're looking at breaking that budget by 30-50%. I wouldn't even waste money on a "budget" build, especially for streaming. Save until you can afford a decent upper-mid rig and it will last much much longer, saving you money in the long run versus upgrading to newer budget pieces very often.
    Thanks for your input. So I should aim for something around these lines?

GPU: MSI GEFORCE GTX760 TWINFROZR GAMING OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E 3.0 219,90€
    CPU: INTEL CORE I5 4590 3.3GHZ 6 MB SKT 1150 190,95€
    Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING SKT 1150 92,65€
    RAM: G.SKILL PC3-12800 1600MHZ 8GB AEGIS LOW VOLTAGE CL11 (2X4GB)DDR3 76,85€
    DISK: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 500GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA III 3.5’ 45,40€
    CASE: CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES SPEC-01 RED LED USB 3.0 55,85€
    PSU: CORSAIR VS550 550W 49,55€
    Total = 731,15€

Any place were I can save up some money?
    With this configuration I wont need an Sound card right? What about Wi-fi?

Sorry for the noob questions...

Deleted
    I don't think you can fit an i5 in that budget, you didn't link us the shop(s) you are buying from.
    From eu prices, off the top of my head what you should be looking at:

cpu: i3 4160
    mobo: H97 board or if they are very close in price with a Z97 mobo, then get the Z97
    Gpu: gtx760/R9 280, if not then R9 270X
    Ram: Any 2x4 gb DDR3 kit @ 1.5v, preferably low profile in case you upgade later on to something more powerful and can fit a big aftermarket cooler
    Disk: Western Digital Caviar blue 1TB
    Case: Whatever you want as long as it can fit the gpu and has close or more than 160mm cpu cooler clearance.
    psu: Usually the xfx 550W is the cheapest good one around.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going i3 (dual-core) over i5, I'd forget about streaming. You're not going to have the CPU muscle to play and stream effectively.

I'd highly recommend getting an unlocked CPU as well, which is why I recommended the 4690k. You're getting a lot more performance for your money by overclocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I don't think you can fit an i5 in that budget, you didn't link us the shop(s) you are buying from.
    From eu prices, off the top of my head what you should be looking at:

cpu: i3 4160
    mobo: H97 board or if they are very close in price with a Z97 mobo, then get the Z97
    Gpu: gtx760/R9 280, if not then R9 270X
    Ram: Any 2x4 gb DDR3 kit @ 1.5v, preferably low profile in case you upgade later on to something more powerful and can fit a big aftermarket cooler
    Disk: Western Digital Caviar blue 1TB
    Case: Whatever you want as long as it can fit the gpu and has close or more than 160mm cpu cooler clearance.
    psu: Usually the xfx 550W is the cheapest good one around.
    So sorry, this is the shop: http://www.alientech.pt/ all prices came from this shop. IRL got his pc from it aswell and everything was fine.
    Ill give a look for these components and see the prices over here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    If you're going i3 (dual-core) over i5, I'd forget about streaming. You're not going to have the CPU muscle to play and stream effectively.

I'd highly recommend getting an unlocked CPU as well, which is why I recommended the 4690k. You're getting a lot more performance for your money by overclocking.
    I dont understand much about overclocking so for the near future its something i wont use at all but i guess in the long run ill probably end up using it, in the same shop i can get the i5 4690k for 220.90€, the 30€ difference is worth in your opinion then?