Deleted

Graphics card or Psu?

Today I bought a graphics card, gtx 780 hall of fame edition. I installed it but when turning the pc on it wouldn't get further than the post screen.

My psu is a 700w modxstreme pro from OCZ, noticed it didn't have 2 8pins so I had to use the Molex to 8 pin adapter the card came with. I have a feeling the bad design of the psu is at fault here and cannot power the card enough with the Molex and power the motherboard at the same time. If someone can confirm this would be much appreciated.

Deleted
    your psu should be more then enough to handle 780ti , if ts foulty then it prolly cant handle it . You can try switching the 8 to another molex it might be faulty or , try your gpu with another psu .

Deleted
    Still nothing using different Molex ports. The card lights come on, fans spin and I get a picture but it gets stuck on the post screen. Will have to get a New psu.

Ab(use) the return policy if your retailers use one, buy a new PSU and try it out, return if your psu is not the problem

Deleted
    The video card might be the culprit ( hopefully not) , even if your psu is faulty or cant handle the gfx in full load , when you turn on the pc it doesnt draw alot of power .You can try what megabeat sugested :-)

Deleted
    Turns out it was a BIOS issue, the card works flawlessly now with a BIOS update. (and a new PSU)