Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Death Magnetic would like to have a word with you.
    The only word it had to say was "blah"

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Mhhh... Metallica sounds nice but ...

Nightwish with some special versions of wow songs (arranged by Thoumas), that would've been awesome. Like "Arthas my son" ... sung by Floor ... in a special nightwish version *drool*
    That would be cool, but I was thinking Hammerfall or Blind Guardian. Those two fit the theme of WoW perfectly. Or hell just to have something as tame as Within Temptation would be good.
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2014-10-22 at 11:31 PM.

Think about the above post for a second.
    I mean really.
    REALLY.
    "Oh man, Blind Guardian or Hammerfall would be so much better than Metallica."
    Just, freakin LOL.

"yeah I'd much prefer White Stripes over Led Zeppelin just relates so much more to gamers.
    Like what the fuck seriously : /

Quote Originally Posted by GukillOP View Post
    Think about the above post for a second.
    I mean really.
    REALLY.
    "Oh man, Blind Guardian or Hammerfall would be so much better than Metallica."
    Just, freakin LOL.

"yeah I'd much prefer White Stripes over Led Zeppelin just relates so much more to gamers.
    Like what the fuck seriously : /
    Yep they would be better than 3 old has beens trying to out do KISS.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Metallica is THRASH, not Heavy Metal. Actually, they created the Thrash genre. It is thanks to them we have bands like Megadeath and the like.

Heavy Metal is......way more hardcore.
    Oh and Slayer says you don't know shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Oh and Slayer says you don't know shit.
    Both Slayer and Metallica are part of the Big Four, along with Megadeth and Anthrax. Together, they shaped and molded thrash metal.

Seriously, don't try to hammer down on Metallica and then bring up Slayer in the spotlight. Those guys are on the same team.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    despite thinking that metallica arent a fun band to have at blizzcon.....

I was about to quit the band that day when I saw your lighter. You saved me that night!

(23 pages about how Metallica sucks/is God was a gift)

Deleted
    I don't need this napster killing dudebro music in my life tyvm.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, terrible choice. Metallica sucks.

I'm happy I'll see them, I dont really care for them that much but they have some legendary songs. So will be good to see them live.

LOL. You kids and your need to label everything....

Trying to pin a genre label on a musician these days is silly. Metallica is one of the sillier bands to try and pin a label on as they go all over the place with their music.
    Nothing Else Matters and Hit The Lights aren't even in the same musical universe. Like most musicians, Metallica's genre changes from song to song.

Metallica is Metallica. The end. If you like them, you'll be happy with the closing ceremonies. If you don't, you can always listen to Jethro Tull.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The only word it had to say was "blah"

That would be cool, but I was thinking Hammerfall or Blind Guardian. Those two fit the theme of WoW perfectly. Or hell just to have something as tame as Within Temptation would be good.
    Since Samwise Didier does the album art for Hammerfall; it would make sense to have them play at Blizzcon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    In this thread: People getting butthurt mad because they didn't pick their favourite bands.

Yep sounds like Nickelback lmao

Last edited by Skandulous; 2014-10-23 at 10:26 AM.

Completely agree. I'm a huge Metallica fan, and and stoked that they are playing. However, I'm a huger Blind Guardian and (especially) Hammerfall fan.

Heck, Samwise (of Blizzard) even did most of Hammerfall's cover art.

I'd love to see Hammerfall play at Blizzcon 2015

..last year blink 182 ..this year metallica - ....the worst news ever ...

edit. invite jello next year...

While he said this, not all electronic artist just hit play , they should look into haywyre he completely performs all piano pieces he writes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLXS0EGwCZg

I hope the sound is not lost in the stadium

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by frijoles View Post
    Napster turned you off?

Napster was a program that was stealing music.

Key word: STEALING

I download music all the time, but don't convince yourself it isn't petty theft. I can't really sympathize with an artist that size and worth that much whining, but it does really hurt the smaller guys. The black album is only the greatest selling album since the soundscan era started though, that's impressive.

If Blizz is hiring Metallica, it just goes to show you how big they've grown and how much money they have to spend on something like this. I was hoping for the Foo Fighters, but to each their own! Should be a cool show, but unlike previous years rock bands, I doubt the crowd is really into it. I remember watching the Ozzy stream a couple years back, and the pit looked awful, and people were getting upset people were jumping up and down and sometimes running into them. Hint: don't get in the pit at a rock show if you don't like confined spaces
    What turned me off was them acting like it was taking food out of their mouths, they handled that very badly and looked horrible in the process. I wouldn't have been as turned off if their music didn't start sucking ass very soon after. It felt like they focused on the wrong thing... I loved the group when I was in high school, and they just seemed to suck ass after.. (1994ish)

I hope they have a good show, and some folks get turned on to their early stuff. (part of me hopes they download it illegally, just because i'm a petty fuck)

Quote Originally Posted by frijoles View Post
    Napster turned you off?

Napster was a program that was stealing music.

Key word: STEALING

I download music all the time, but don't convince yourself it isn't petty theft. I can't really sympathize with an artist that size and worth that much whining, but it does really hurt the smaller guys. The black album is only the greatest selling album since the soundscan era started though, that's impressive.

If Blizz is hiring Metallica, it just goes to show you how big they've grown and how much money they have to spend on something like this. I was hoping for the Foo Fighters, but to each their own! Should be a cool show, but unlike previous years rock bands, I doubt the crowd is really into it. I remember watching the Ozzy stream a couple years back, and the pit looked awful, and people were getting upset people were jumping up and down and sometimes running into them. Hint: don't get in the pit at a rock show if you don't like confined spaces
    I'll just leave this here: Theft. There is no theft occurring.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    The more I think about it, the more I realise i'm wrong. Fuck it, good for them, and I hope they have a good show. I shudder when I remember how rough the ozzy performance looked. It came across like the crowd had no clue what they were getting, and ozzy was trying SO fucking hard to get them into it.

Ozzy put on a good show, but it didn't look like the crowd liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post

Yes, loads of Nickelback there.
    I like how you cherry-pick an instrumental song so it backs up your claim that it sounds nothing like nickleback. What I meant by that, is that the music is "soft" very mainstreamy poop.

I'll stick to the old stuff.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.