Dell U2713HM monitor?

I am wanting to replace my 2nd monitor and wonder if my computer and video card will handle this Dell U2713HM Monitor.

My computer is a Falcon Tiki with the following specs:

Power Supply
    450 Watt SFX
    Motherboard
    P8Z77-I Deluxe (WoW)
    Processor
    Intel® Core™ i7 3770K 3.5GHz
    Processor Cooler
    Liquid Cooling - Tiki
    Memory
    Elite 1866MHz 16GB (2x8GB)
    Video Card
    GeForce GTX 670 (2GB)
    Sound Card
    On-Board Audio
    Networking
    On-Board Ethernet
    Hard Drive
    Caviar® Green™ - 2TB
    Hard Drive 2
    m4 SSD - 256GB
    Optical Drive
    Slot-Load DVD Writer

I believe that the video card has a Displayport (I don't have the computer in my possession at this minute as it is currently at Falcon having the motherboard replaced) and the monitor has one so I assume I would use displayport for that monitor.

My other monitor is a ViewSonic VS2770SMH

Is my computer sufficient to run the Dell monitor as a 2nd monitor? If not, any other suggestions for a 27" monitor. I would not want to pay more than the cost of the Dell monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    AOC q2770Pqu would be another choice, and it depends on your definition of 'run'. If you're talking about just hooking it up and using it, sure but playing games it depends on what settings and what game.

For games, mostly WoW and Hearthstone.

For run -- I mean run well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone should, probably, hopefully be fine.

I don't know about WoW with the recent updates. 670 probably wouldn't run it that well at 2560x1440 with higher settings.

Hmmm....

Could I run it at 1980 x 1020? Computer is a couple of years old and I would probably replace it before I replace the new monitor. So it would be nice to have the higher resolution available for future.

On the other hand I guess I could just get another 1980 x 1020 monitor now. Any suggestions if I did that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Monitors tend to last longer (a hell of a lot longer) than any of your PC components. If you're willing to, you could just get a 2560x1440 and use your current 1920x1080 to play games and stuff with the other as all your other stuff until you upgrade your GPU, yes it's weird and generally the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
    Hmmm....

Could I run it at 1980 x 1020? Computer is a couple of years old and I would probably replace it before I replace the new monitor. So it would be nice to have the higher resolution available for future.

On the other hand I guess I could just get another 1980 x 1020 monitor now. Any suggestions if I did that?
    You could still play it at the native monitor resolution but you would just have to tone down the graphics some until you find a balance that is acceptable to you.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Monitors tend to last longer (a hell of a lot longer) than any of your PC components. If you're willing to, you could just get a 2560x1440 and use your current 1920x1080 to play games and stuff with the other as all your other stuff until you upgrade your GPU, yes it's weird and generally the other way around.

This is actually a good idea and would work to tide me over for now....