... LastLast

what kind of wow player are you?

Which negative wow stereotype are you?

Poll Inc

Deleted
    My only fault is being too awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    since there is no poll, i'll vote later... this is what i am:

i am a pretty nice guy, help others and try to be a fair Player. but on the other side i can be an asshole. wow "corrupted" me in online gaming, i became loot obsessed and if someone got more items than others and i was left behind i was getting furious. when i'm like this, i dont care about others and say what i think. many people think what i say is correct, but my behaviour is wrong.

thats why i stopped raiding in progress-oriented guilds and just play to have fun again.

please pardon my english

edit: and ofc i am awesome.
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2014-10-21 at 01:01 PM.

i don't think i'm negative in any way but i guess i would be casual. Not the casual who doesn't know anything or plays a couple hours a week. I mean i'll finish normal/heroic raids, do some pvp, level all my crafting and play the ah. i don't do the "very top" stuff like CM (stupid imo), mythic raiding, or top rated pvp. I personally don't like the min/max or competiveness of all the top stuff. i play to relax, have fun, engage, etc etc. So i guess i'm just casual but not bad. lol

Give me ratings or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    i don't think i'm negative in any way but i guess i would be casual. Not the casual who doesn't know anything or plays a couple hours a week. I mean i'll finish normal/heroic raids, do some pvp, level all my crafting and play the ah. i don't do the "very top" stuff like CM (stupid imo), mythic raiding, or top rated pvp. I personally don't like the min/max or competiveness of all the top stuff. i play to relax, have fun, engage, etc etc. So i guess i'm just casual but not bad. lol
    nope, you're a casual. you're the reason blizzard has to throw raid tiers in the dumpster because they have to cater to your play-style and you don't consume content fast enough to justify the expenses.

similarly, i voted special snowflake. i'm killing wow by advocating for the removal of LFR and unobtainable vanity items. it's exclusionary and drives the majority of the more casual playerbase away and giving new players less incentive to start. for example, say the amani war bear were to pique their interest but they become disheartened when they find out they can't ever have one.

Elitist here. I think that Blizzard should implement prisons in capital cities for bad players.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn... hell of a poll
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    english is not my native language so few stereotypes make no sense to me. what is a neckbeard for example or a moon guard oO

i'm definitely no casual, since i was in a decent guild before quitting 3 months ago

googled a bit... is moon guard a rp Server? if so, then it makes more sense lol
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2014-10-21 at 01:17 PM.

I guess I'm an achievement whore... Won't describe myself as any of the other options, but I suppose I do like my achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    english is not my native language so few stereotypes make no sense to me. what is a neckbeard for example or a moon guard oO
    Thank God for Google: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=neckbeard
    neckbeard
    2. (n) Derogatory term for slovenly nerdy people who have no sense of hygene or grooming. Often related to hobbies such as card gaming, video gaming, anime, et. al.
    Moon Guard is probably an oversexed RPer?

im not sure what half of them are so I didn't vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Thank God for Google: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=neckbeard

Moon Guard is probably an oversexed RPer?
    thank god for Google of course, as i have edited my post the same time you have written yours.

cant identify myself with the neckbeard, share some Hobbies (Video games for example) but i wash myself daily so xD

what i dont know is this "bro" stereotype. i know what a bro in General is but is this a stereotype because of their behaviour or because they call anybody "bro"?
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2014-10-21 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Used to be an elitist. Now I'm casual scum.

I went with Bro. I am normally quiet, i help those here and there. I won't join a group looking for help or anything like that, but if I come across someone who might die, I'll usually jump in, and it doesn't matter the faction (though I HATE the alliance, I will help them). I don't usually get too angry in LFR for anything, not even needing on greens, which is highly annoying. But, I do have my moods, and when those moods hit...

Otherwise, just bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

i dont know what the options in the poll are meaning, so i describe it in words of my own.

loggin for 3 raids a week. doing progression as good as we possible can, beeing somewhere between world top 500-1000.
    Raiding is called "semi-hardcore" in our guild recruitment on wowprogress.

While not raiding, i gimp around in 3s arenas one to two sessions a week, beeing at 1800-1900 with fellow pve players that are not the absolute pvp beats, but we enjoy ourselvs, and lough at each other if we break our own ccs or our hunters traps seems to miss like 70-80 % of the time, or my hex lands on the stormbolted, trapped, silenced and scattered and feared enemy healer with his trinket ready.

Or doing dailys ( i like doing dailys) or farming reps, if any new ones are implemented, and if nothing else is to do, progressing some achievments and soloing some old mount bosses. Last sunday, i finally got 3rd place in fishing contest, after having tried it like 10 times over the course of a year. Still got to catch a rare fish for the meta achievment. I am not looking forward to do this step.

I play for fun , i am not a dead serious raider, who gets angry if shit happens, i (and most guildmates) am more akin to lough at silly mistakes than to shout in anger, (we respect each other as thrustworthy good players, we dont have this "omg we are a few good and have to carry the rest mentality that so many wannabe raiders have) while stil managing to stay in a kind of progress attitude.

Most of us are in their late twenties or above 30.

Deleted
    Complete and utter Elitist jerk

10+ Year Old Account
    Moon Guard, I guess, since that's the immediate response I get for being a roleplayer most times (side note, Moon Guard's actually a nice place once you get away from Silvermoon and Goldshire). Elements of casual scum and troll, too, especially when I see overwhelming levels of stupid in Trade begging to be exploited.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    i seem to be a mix of the following: toxic, neckbeard (i guess? but i shave and wash myself LOL), elitist and "bro" if this is refering to someone being uber nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one option? What about for us casual neckbearded Moon Guards?
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~