Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Capcom Trademarks Dragon's Dogma Online

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...---Report.html
    Capcom has trademarked something called Dragon’s Dogma Online in Europe, sparking speculation that a sequel to the well-regarded RPG Dragon's Dogma could be on the way.

The listing was spotted by a NeoGAF user and lent extra credence by AGB, who noted that the trademark was filed by a company Capcom has used in the past. However, as it stands, that’s all we currently know.

So while we wait for a proper reveal, what do you make of the “Online” suffix? Is that something you want? Or did you just want more of Dragon's Dogma's hardcore pawn-infused, basically-single-player RPG action? Let us know.

And spare a thought for Capcom. This looks to be the second time they've had their PR thunder stolen from them today, following the "leak" of Street Fighter V.
    I really hope this turns out to be true and is a B2p or F2p MMO. Dragon's Dogma was a rare game in my opinion. When it release's I though it was stupid as hell and then I finally played it and fell in love with it. To me a lot of open world RPG's need to fallow what it did with combat. Being able to climb on a griffin and slash at it while on its back 100's of feet in the air was just cool.

So what do you guys think and hope? I have a good feeling we will see this game at the Playstation Experince this weekend and I really hope it shows gameplay.

With the recent street fighter annoucement being exclusive to Ps4/PC "Timed Maybe" I can see DDO being the same. While I own a Ps4 I do hope it hits all platforms since thats how it started. Time will tell ether way I am interested.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-05 at 06:10 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I want to get excited but I've got a bad feeling about this.

I would be excited, but this is modern capcom we are talking about. So i'm tentatively wary, bordering maybe interested at best.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I would be excited, but this is modern capcom we are talking about. So i'm tentatively wary, bordering maybe interested at best.
    Modern Capcom is also responsible for Dragon's Dogma... but yes, I understand what you mean...

I'm psyched, I have all the achievements and almost all of the weapons and armor collected in DDA. Making it online is a good idea since the game was very well set for the concept of online play. It's all a matter of delivery and attention to detail now.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

If it's not on PC then it's not worth caring IMO.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If it's not on PC then it's not worth caring IMO.
    In ur opinion but I bet there is a lot who disagree with u.

But thx for the useless post.

Ontopic: I kinda wonder if Deep Down got renamed to DDO Just some food for though.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Ontopic: I kinda wonder if Deep Down got renamed to DDO Just some food for though.
    Capcom's introduction: "Deep down, it was always Dragon's Dogma."

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Capcom's introduction: "Deep down, it was always Dragon's Dogma."
    I would not put it pass capcom to do that.

Like I said even tho I own a ps4 I hope it isn't exclusive. Tired of multiplatform titles going exclusive or even timed exclusive. The only way I would be ok with it is if sony funed it. That isn't out of the realm of possabilitys ether since Capcom stated a game must sell 3 million cops before it gets a sequal and last checked DD only broke 1mil.

I guess we may find out this weekend.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-05 at 07:14 PM.

How is my post useless? Because you don't agree with it? Shit man get off your high-horse.

How is my post useless? Because you don't agree with it? Shit man get off your high-horse.
    You came into the thread just to post you don't give a shit. While also stating your opinion as a fact by saying "If it's not on PC then it's not worth caring IMO."

The PC elitis crap isn't needed nore welcome. As I said ur post was pointless and not constructive at all. Now if u give reasons that isn't "PC is best over all" on why you or no one should care about the game feel free to list them.

You came into the thread just to post you don't give a shit. While also stating your opinion as a fact by saying "If it's not on PC then it's not worth caring IMO."
    Do you even know how to read? "IMO" means "in my opinion". Now tell me, where does that point to me stating it as a fact?

Alright folks, different people have different opinions and that's cool. But please take it to tells if you two want to continue that conversation, it's not relevant to the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see what happens. I hope it turns out to be greater then the original but you never know. We need more RPGS these days anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Do you even know how to read? "IMO" means "in my opinion". Now tell me, where does that point to me stating it as a fact?
    I guess not since I didn't know what IMO means and I read it wrong. LAMO crossed my mind I think.

Sorry for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright folks, different people have different opinions and that's cool. But please take it to tells if you two want to continue that conversation, it's not relevant to the thread.
    K...

It was myfault for reading it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We'll see what happens. I hope it turns out to be greater then the original but you never know. We need more RPGS these days anyways.
    We really do I don't even care if its a MMO. I am dying for more RPG's. I am wanting them so bad I am playing old ones on my ps3 lol.

As a fan of Megaman, DMC, Resident Evil, Okami, God Hand and pretty much every franchise Capcom has run into the dirt or ignored entirely, I really hope this turn out to be an MMO so it can bomb horribly and put them under, maybe then they can disperse their IPs among buyers who will actually give them the respect they deserve

Dragons Dogma Online has just been announced.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/01/dragons-d...tle-ps4-ps3-pc
    If the translations are true.

Platform: PC/PS3/PS4
    F2P
    Director: Kinoshita Kento

-plays like Dragon's Dogma
    -world/setting/story is all new
    -4 player party max (has AI pawn)
    -Has big updates planned
    -seasonal updates
    -up to 100 people in a lobby
    -quick matching is available

Capcom said to Eurogamer they have no plans to bring DDO to the west
    Just when I thought Capcom wasn't gonna fuck up

I kinda understand why since Capcom is already releasing another F2P game in the west which is Deep Down.
    Last edited by Yami; 2015-01-27 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Just when I thought Capcom wasn't gonna fuck up
    Please, sir/madam, this is Capcom we're talking about. The exception is when they don't fuck up : P

Sadly, I expected this so I made sure not to keep any potential excitement about the game in-check. Oh well, Crapcom gonna Crapcom it up.

Not on PC? Doesn't exist. When I move, I might end up giving in and getting a game system. SO MANY games I want to play are console only. I feel like its a hostage situation here.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Not on PC? Doesn't exist. When I move, I might end up giving in and getting a game system. SO MANY games I want to play are console only. I feel like its a hostage situation here.
    It is on PC...just probably won't be coming to the West.

Doesn't count! : P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.