Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It happened in MoP prepatch, people had nothing to do so they ganked lowbies. After launch they all disappeared
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Yeah i just went to hellfiire peninsula and players are actually fighting over the pvp areas, its incredible to see this kind of thing coming back
    This has been going on for at least 12 months now on oceanic realms. You cant quest in hellfire anymore without getting killed by 90s Its the new Stranglethorn Valley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be 'that guy', but these threads always pop up around this time (right before / during the launch of an expansion) and everytime it dies out within a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Toy Box and New Mount descriptions, in my opinion, is what got a lot more people out into the world than what there was. Giving the place where you can get certain mounts/toys has really helped people that aren't too knowing of this stuff has enabled them to hunt for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished a 520 person que to get into Illidan US. Games dead obviously...
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    The Toy Box and New Mount descriptions, in my opinion, is what got a lot more people out into the world than what there was. Giving the place where you can get certain mounts/toys has really helped people that aren't too knowing of this stuff has enabled them to hunt for it.
    Not to mention changes making old raids easier to solo... mount/transmog farming has increased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Just finished a 520 person que to get into Illidan US. Games dead obviously...
    12 million to less than 8? Yeah it's declining. Any new content causes people to log in to satiate their hunger for it. After a bit though... they drop out again... followed by even a few more. Expansion pack will drive new excitement into the game.

Illidan? PvP server with 98% Horde? lol... you guys must do a LOT of dualing. Leet.

No.. the reason there is a queue is that the Horde zones are full. The server is not healthy.

https://realmpop.com/us-illidan.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not to mention changes making old raids easier to solo... mount/transmog farming has increased.

- - - Updated - - -

12 million to less than 8? Yeah it's declining. Any new content causes people to log in to satiate their hunger for it. After a bit though... they drop out again... followed by even a few more. Expansion pack will drive new excitement into the game.

Illidan? PvP server with 98% Horde? lol... you guys must do a LOT of dualing. Leet.

That is what people "feel" these days in a lively populated world to PvP.

https://realmpop.com/us-illidan.html
    But on EACH server you have MORE people playing through cross server mechanics and connected realms.

Do the count: 40% decrease by total subscriptions, but 200/400% increase by connected realm play and endless cross server mechanics per zone.

Net gain of players to play with: between 260% and 360 % on average.

That is what people "feel" these days in a lively populated world to PvP, and the instruments to control populations PER zone are in place since a few months.

That's simply the advantage of having a game with the latest seamless cross server play and 8 million players...

Blizzard rolled out a "new" Always populated MMORPG per zone .... and this is just the effect of it.

A mere 15% return would hardly have been noticed, but a factual 300% increase on average is the avalanche incoming...for unaware players.

Like I stated the PvP activity (even while playing on a PVE server) with such places like Helffire was seen already through summer. But apparently people were too occupied by complainging about a Raid content drought on forums... instead ... of seeing what happened slowly but steadely by putting these mechanics in place.

That roll out happened between Oct 2013 and July 2014...

And to those unaware posters: it won't go away either, since Blizzard can set EACH zone with as many cross server play as they wish in the future, both dynamically and structured (economy) throughout the complete server.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-10-22 at 12:12 PM.

Really this is awesome and i hope this continues, i just went to duskwood and there was well over 20 people horde and alliance fighting eatchother, its just plain epic to see the world alive again, im not sure what they have done but the world is a lot more populated and lively now, ...
    I am happy for you, but I don't see anything special on my realms. There are more people, yes, but world PVP is limited to basically lazily killing those who come to do the daily in the enemy's capital for Hallow's End. :-)

Deleted
    I've never understood the need for the world to be busy. Most times i see other players i usually find it annoying if i'm trying to quest but they've already cleared out the mobs in the area ¬.¬
    Though in fairness, i do prefer it to the world being empty.

Except world PvP, i play on a PvE server and don't have much interest in world PvP so i usually have it turned off. Tried playing on a pvp server before but it was just frustrating as it was just higher levels ganking, never understood the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am happy for you, but I don't see anything special on my realms. There are more people, yes, but world PVP is limited to basically lazily killing those who come to do the daily in the enemy's capital for Hallow's End. :-)
    In fact to see all this, you need to take out a subscription to the game ...

Hellfire PAss and other PvP zones (even on a PVE server) were full throughout all summer. It has nothing to do with the patch or 600K returning players.

It is just now that many players are returning and guys that don't camp no longer in small Raid corridors... are surprised.

Not me. I saw this coming as soon as Oct 2013.

Cross server open world mechanics put up around 300% increase on average per zone. THAT was noted by most by now. Some zones like Hellfire had a 1000% increase due to being popular AND CRZ'd.

So instead of 3-4 players per server in these zones, you now have 30-40 on each side to fight over popular structured open world combat.

Simple.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-10-22 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Even general chat has people talking in the zones again, its just an amazing change and the game feels much better when theres more player around doing things in the world
    U do realise that this is CRZ and not your own server right?

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    U do realise that this is CRZ and not your own server right?
    Wrong: those people are playing on THEIR respective servers. The servers are just being connected in real time, but they ALL are very much playing on their respective servers.

Connected Realm play uses the exact same technology, but with a structured base behind it to allow for trading and Guild play.

The kids that talked about server merges have NO clue what this global technology actually permits.

Next step: see you in the open world PvP zone of WOD. That zone is actually FULLY AND SEAMLESSLY integrated within the open world ACROSS servers (!!!), without players even realising it...

Instances like dungeons without loading screens fully integrated in the open world: all possible in future releases in WOW as of now.

And it is good to know that other MMO's can't even do seamless phasing (no loading screens whatsoever) on just ONE server, let alone with connected realm play
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-10-22 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Well all through summer time I fought over the Hellfire towers with 40+ people in that zone on almost 24/7.

This is ... a zone that's almost 8(!) years old.

So please stop the idiotic remarks: you have NO clue what connected realm play did to this game.

Everyone sees it. Only the haters are so desperate. Btw : in a pre patch expansion, the PvP ALWAYS felt different. And in pre WOD it is far less than in previous expansions like the pre patch of WoTK where everything was MUCH worse in that 4 weeks period before WotLK.

And ::: a small hint: don't even TRY to deny what everyone else SEES in game.

Azeroth is populated like it never has been in the last 8 years. Fighting for towers in Hellfire was never so much contested as they are now.

And that is just a VERY SMALL and very tiny bit of the world even.

As I said: TBC populations were comparable with 7.5 million as it launched, but tx to connected realm play you NOW have x2 or x3 that number over those important zones.

Making the game feel VERY much alive and FULL with people.

Actually only NOW people realise what it is to be playing an MMORPG with MILLIONS of players per region.
    I think you're definitely exaggerating now. Hellfire has always been a fairly active PvP spot due to only one reason, people ganking the essential quest givers that link the whole zone's quests and stand outside the Alliance and Horde bases. Even then PvP isn't even that great as the gankers immediately mount and swirl around low levels trying to force them into attacking them and run away when a level cap looking for PvP or to dissuade killing the npcs arrives. Also I think you may have forgotten that a new patch just dropped + it' hallows eve so some more people are going to get caught in PvP doing the Wickerman.

Wrong: those people are playing on THEIR respective servers. The servers are just being connected in real time, but they ALL are very much playing on their respective servers.

Connected Realm play uses the exact same technology, but with a structured base behind it.

The kids that talked about server merges have NO clue what this global technology actually permits.

Next step: see you in the open world PvP zone of WOD. That zone is actually FULLY AND SEAMLESSLY integrated within the open world ACROSS servers (!!!), without players even realising it...

Instances like dungeons without loading screens fully integrated in the open world: all possible in future releases in WOW as of now.

Actually he's not wrong. There are more people connecting to your server via CRZ than connected servers ATM. And Ashran isn't seamlessly or fully connected as you think. It takes players from your battle group and prioritises those in your CRZ and connected pool not all those servers. Additionally it's going to have a weird grouping mechanic for the 100 v 100 nature of it that has yet to have been fully tested yet with multiple servers feeding into it.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2014-10-22 at 12:30 PM.

Since the realise of 6.0.2 at the entrance of ICC is complete massacre, at any time of day/night.
    24/7 there are people fightning each other, it's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Cross server open world mechanics put up around 300% increase on average per zone. THAT was noted by most by now. Some zones like Hellfire had a 1000% increase due to being popular AND CRZ'd.

So instead of 3-4 players per server in these zones, you now have 30-40 on each side to fight over popular structured open world combat.

Simple.
    Right.

That's why when I was getting all candy buckets on two alts, for extra pets to sell, there was noone PVPing anywhere, neither in Hellfire Peninsula, nor in Zangarmarsh, nor in Terokkar Forest, etc, I guess. And the epic battle for WG which I gloriously participated in was 2 vs 1 (we won, thanks).

Deleted
    It's a couple of factors actually. I've done some ganking in Hellfire for the last 2 months, while waiting in BG queues, never saw more than 2-3 people on each side, never. New patch drops + world event has increased the people in those zones for one reason only - people level by dungeons, because it is the most efficient way to level and dungeon queues below 60, even dps queues, are like 3 minutes maximum. Above 60 is another story, queues are rather long and people do quests in between, so no surprise that the more populated old world zones are 60+.

Also, people without inside knowledge on how Blizzard's systems actually work, how are they coping performance wise and what limitations they have, should stop blabbing like a broken record of a Blizzard advertisement. Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc79af98f473; 2014-10-22 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I think you're definitely exaggerating now. Hellfire has always been a fairly active PvP spot due to only one reason, people ganking the essential quest givers that link the whole zone's quests and stand outside the Alliance and Horde bases. Even then PvP isn't even that great as the gankers immediately mount and swirl around low levels trying to force them into attacking them and run away when a level cap looking for PvP or to dissuade killing the npcs arrives. Also I think you may have forgotten that a new patch just dropped + it' hallows eve so some more people are going to get caught in PvP doing the Wickerman.

Actually he's not wrong. There are more people connecting to your server via CRZ than connected servers ATM. And Ashran isn't seamlessly or fully connected as you think. It takes players from your battle group and prioritises those in your CRZ and connected pool not all those servers. Additionally it's going to have a weird grouping mechanic for the 100 v 100 nature of it that has yet to have been fully tested yet with multiple servers feeding into it.
    What you don't seem to realise is that CRZ and connected realm play is the EXACT same technology.

Only CRZ is dynamic per zone and connected realm play is fixed and structured to allow for trading and Guild play.

if you don't believe it: here are the words of Blizzard themselves:

"Building on the existing cross-realm technology, a Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms that have been permanently and seamlessly "linked."

Actually what you see is that cross realm technology is applied in 2 different ways to resolve 2 different problems. Zones and worlds.

The first is dynamic and can be changed per zone, the second is structured per Realm. Both use the same cross realm technology.

Any way both cause the world to be populated by an increase of more than 300 or more % ... it is that that people wittness atm.

Nothing to do with a mere 600K players returning or a new patch.

By sheer number it is easely proven that on each server between 2008 and 2013 a zone like Hellfire would probably have a few players playing on that one server. By cross server play you can up that number X10 with ease as it all depends of servers being connected for that zone...

So that's simple a numbers game to prove Hellfire NEVER had 40 players before that open world dynamic cross server technology came into place.

Good to now: each player still logs into HIS server and plays as such.

About that 100 vs 100 limit per (instanced) open world PvP experience in WOD: that number is the exact same as Wintergrasp had in WotLK after the laggin complaints people had.

The difference now is that people from different servers can join in real time that open world zone. They pretty much won't even realise the difference between open world and the instance.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-10-22 at 12:47 PM.

Net gain of players to play with: between 260% and 360 % on average.

That is what people "feel" these days in a lively populated world to PvP, and the instruments to control populations PER zone are in place since a few months.
    I agree.. the perceived BUMP in activity is multiplied greatly due to connected realms. (Fancy name for servers were merged due to low population)... but for this very reason... the LACK of activity that will follow a month or two after expansion will also be radically compounded.

And yes.. they will merge a few more servers into the mix. This is NOT a good thing.. this is very, very bad. Declining numbers should not be masked, but deal with the problems and stupid changes to increase population.

I guess though if the game is slowly declining.. might as well give those still here the best experience they can while they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you don't seem to realise is that CRZ and connected realm play is the EXACT same technology.

Only CRZ is dynamic per zone and connected realm play is fixed and structured to allow for trading and Guild play.

if you don't believe it: here are the words of Blizzard themselves:

"Building on the existing cross-realm technology, a Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms that have been permanently and seamlessly "linked."

Actually what you see is that cross realm technology is applied in 2 different ways to resolve 2 different problems. Zones and worlds.

The first is dynamic and can be changed per zone, the second is structured per Realm.

Any way both cause the world to be populated by an increase of more than 300 or more % ... it is that that people wittness atm.

Nothing to do with a mere 600K players returning or a new patch.
    I never said I didn't understand how CRZ or connected realms worked, I was just correcting you declaring that someone was wrong when they said that a majority of the players were not from your server which they aren't. Also they never increased server population by 300%, stop pulling numbers out of your ass. A new patch + event brings some players back and directs players into certain areas making it look more active but it really isn't, it's the same as it's always been just with CRZ working overtime near cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I never said I didn't understand how CRZ or connected realms worked, I was just correcting you declaring that someone was wrong when they said that a majority of the players were not from your server which they aren't. Also they never increased server population by 300%, stop pulling numbers out of your ass. A new patch + event brings some players back and directs players into certain areas making it look more active but it really isn't, it's the same as it's always been just with CRZ working overtime near cities.
    Learn to READ: I spoke about the WORLD zones: they upped each world ZONE to have at least 300% more populations through connected realm play. Be that through connected Realm play AND/OR CRZ.

You make out of this "they increased server populations by 300%".

I never said that. At the moment each world zone is dynamically connected and so the number of connections simply define the maximum player numbers concerned. If for example you make a zone like Hellfire dynamically connected through 10 Realms, you simply increase the concurrent populations for that zone by a 1000%. Going from 4 guys fighting ... to 40 guys present per faction.

Blizzard stated also they can split again CRZ zones if it becomes too crowded (I suppose more than 100 on each side) to avoid lagging.

You are still not adapted to this technology apparantly and STILL try to reason from a ONE server/realm perspective. That's over man.

It all changed since the roll out between Oct 2013 and June 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I agree.. the perceived BUMP in activity is multiplied greatly due to connected realms. (Fancy name for servers were merged due to low population)... but for this very reason... the LACK of activity that will follow a month or two after expansion will also be radically compounded.

And yes.. they will merge a few more servers into the mix. This is NOT a good thing.. this is very, very bad. Declining numbers should not be masked, but deal with the problems and stupid changes to increase population.

I guess though if the game is slowly declining.. might as well give those still here the best experience they can while they can.
    Again: a FAIL.

Why ? Because real time cross server play acts to put in these populations on a ZONE per ZONE basis DYNAMICALLY...

Simple example:

Suppose present day Hellfire needs 30 players on each side to have a lively PvP for the towers.

This could be done by connecting through CRZ 6 servers for that zone as a matter of speaking.

When the activity would go down over a few months, they simply connect 10 servers through CRZ.

End result: same number of players.

See ?

------

With this technology (and no the technology is far superior than single server merges) Azeroth will mostly be populated in all zones whether WOW has 300K per region or 3 million per region.

Apparently people still have no clue what is happening.

And for the NON players: ALL this is done in REAL TIME even without ANY action needed for the players. They simply stay logging in on their home server.... once.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-10-22 at 01:09 PM.