7+ Year Old Account

GeForce GTX 970??

Which brand should I get, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, PNY or Zotac GeForce GTX 970? This is the last item I need to buy for my PC build. I just don't know which brand is better and wont have to many issues. Thanks for the help.

Deleted
    EVGA always had the longest warranty once you registered their product (10 years) GigaByte for me was least malfunctioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my thread where I asked for help on a build, il Buffalo suggested the Gigabyte version because apparently it comes stock OCed. The only problem with it is that it's often sold out as well because of that reason. So if you don't know how to/don't have the patience to or don't want to OC your card manually, I guess you should go for the Gigabyte one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even mention the ASUS STRIX?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121899

Gigabyte and Asus are probably the best 2, although they also the 2 longest with the gigabyte card being over 13 inches long. Double check the room in your case before ordering. The ASUS STRIX seems to be in stock at the moment as well if you hurry.

As well as these:
    Gigabyte http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=6202798&SID=
    Gigabyte http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=6202798&SID=
    Zotac http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=6202798&SID=

That Zotac has the highest clock out the box of all of them, but also has the highest pricetag. Should also mention that the zotac and gigabyte card have 3 displayport connections.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-21 at 08:19 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies!
    I want to buy it from Amazon cause I have a $40.00 off coupon.
    I found these 2 from PCPartPicker ,I cant link stuff yet.
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Core Clock 1.19Ghz $359.99
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card Core Clock 1.18Ghz $368.99
    Of course the Gigabyte is out of stock....should I get the EVGA one or just wait for the Gigabyte to be restocked?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hear the ACX coolers had some issues but I don't know the details on them. I'm pretty sure the Amazon ones are up for pre order because it says ships within 2-5 weeks.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    EVGA always had the longest warranty once you registered their product (10 years) GigaByte for me was least malfunctioning.
    3 years.
    http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814487071

Suffix KR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    Thanks for the replies!
    I want to buy it from Amazon cause I have a $40.00 off coupon.
    I found these 2 from PCPartPicker ,I cant link stuff yet.
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Core Clock 1.19Ghz $359.99
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card Core Clock 1.18Ghz $368.99
    Of course the Gigabyte is out of stock....should I get the EVGA one or just wait for the Gigabyte to be restocked?
    GigaByte OCs are TINY BIT SMALL OCs. Nothing big. Mostly for marketing. Get EVGA if GB is out of stock. Be sure to register it on their webpage.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how it is atm but they used to have limited lifetime warranty as well as 3 years extended to 10 after registering and so on. Of course depends on the product.

10+ Year Old Account
    It changed two years ago. No more limited life time. Ten years are for some of their PSUs.
    You could just read their warranty page.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting the Asus one, mainly because a great part of the hardware of my new build is going to have the Asus badge, and I'm quirky to the point of wanting as few different brands as possible in one build. *shrug*

Apart from warranties, the main differences should be size, fan(s), base clock speed and colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    Which brand should I get, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, PNY or Zotac GeForce GTX 970? This is the last item I need to buy for my PC build. I just don't know which brand is better and wont have to many issues. Thanks for the help.
    Best way is to just google. There really is no major differences. Google to find out if the card has known issues and what kind of customer service you can expect if you do have a problem.

@ Ermahgerd most companies have different versions of the same card that sport factory oc's or aftermarket coolers. EVGA for example has 5 different models listed on pcpartpicker for the 970.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

I recently picked up the Asus 970 and i love it! Highly recommend that. Imagine a literally silent GPU, and then imagine something even quieter - that is the Strix 970. They're extremely hard to find right now, but if you can a place that stocks them I would suggest you grab it as quickly as you can

I was thinking about picking up an EVGA too but I heard their ACX cooler has some problems. If you really want EVGA, wait for ACX 2.0 to come out and then evaluate

As far as I've heard the MSI one has the best OC potential. According to Bit-tech anyhoo.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-10-22 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is an excellent read on the comparison of GTX 970s:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1516121/g...vs-gigabyte-g1
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    I always purchase EVGA products, because despite their website saying 3 years MFG warranty, its actually a lot longer. My GTX 570 through them has a limited lifetime warranty (which is basically the limited 3-year warranty... just for a lifetime). It was 3 years when I purchased it but after registering it, the warranty period changed.

I purchased it back in the summer of 2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I always purchase EVGA products, because despite their website saying 3 years MFG warranty, its actually a lot longer. My GTX 570 through them has a limited lifetime warranty (which is basically the limited 3-year warranty... just for a lifetime). It was 3 years when I purchased it but after registering it, the warranty period changed.

I purchased it back in the summer of 2011.
    Sadly their modern cards (GTX 600s and above) they ditched their lifetime warranty regardless of whether you register it. You in fact no longer even have to register it to RMA anymore and the warranty is now transferable (Their limited lifetime warranty was not transferable).

All of their GTX 970/980s have 3 year warranties and will not change to lifetime if you register it.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    If you are for stock speeds you won't notice a difference between gigabyte g1-asus strix-msi twin frozr. If you are going to do any overclock G1 is the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally planning to buy the MSI 970 due to the form factor, temperatures, and most importantly sound performance of the card. The silent idle fans are a huge huge plus for me since my current 7950 is loud as hell, and I think the MSI is just a more solid product than the ASUS (both have the silent idle fans).

Deleted
    Got my EVGA ACX 2.0 card yesterday, it's 5 years warranty when registered and a bios update made it semi-passive (0% fan below 60 celsius).