Previous expac raid lockouts bugged?

Just logged on to do Lich King 25H, using one of my toons 11/12 lockouts. I had the toon invite the one I wanted to do LK on into the group, turned to 25 heroic and went into the raid. I was greeted with a 12/12 lockout with nothing alive in the instance. The only way this changed, was if I changed it to 25 normal and had my lockout toon inside the raid first. I tried changing it to heroic inside, which said it worked, however, LK still had 31m HP. He's meant to have 50ish on 25H.

Anyone know if this is a bug, or if I've done something stupid?
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

When he had 31M HP, did your minimap indicate you were on 25H?

In Dragon Soul, if I start with heroic 25 man (like I did today), then try to switch to 10 man heroic, 10 man normal or 25 normal, when I re-enter the instance it swaps back to 25 man heroic. So yeah, think there are some bugs that need working out yet hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do is I have a 2nd account;
    Account 1 with the save
    Account 2 main account.

Account 1 invites account 2, sets it to Raid + 25 player.
    Gives leader to Account 2, character runs in, sets it to 25 HC INSIDE the instance.
    GG the Raid and hope for whatever you're after.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericanibus View Post
    In Dragon Soul, if I start with heroic 25 man (like I did today), then try to switch to 10 man heroic, 10 man normal or 25 normal, when I re-enter the instance it swaps back to 25 man heroic. So yeah, think there are some bugs that need working out yet hehe.
    It was never possible to switch size on heroic.

You can't swich size on heroic since first hc raid in game (ToC) so yeah it's a new change and you may don't know about it yet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It was never possible to switch size on heroic.
    You could clear it on normal 10 then swap to HC 25 on LK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    You could clear it on normal 10 then swap to HC 25 on LK.
    That was a bug then, because it wasn't possible in every old raid.

Deleted
    This has been in game from the prepatch to Cata.

You can't change the size while you are inside the instance, but if you zone out and change it there isn't generally any problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Just logged on to do Lich King 25H, using one of my toons 11/12 lockouts. I had the toon invite the one I wanted to do LK on into the group, turned to 25 heroic and went into the raid. I was greeted with a 12/12 lockout with nothing alive in the instance. The only way this changed, was if I changed it to 25 normal and had my lockout toon inside the raid first. I tried changing it to heroic inside, which said it worked, however, LK still had 31m HP. He's meant to have 50ish on 25H.

Anyone know if this is a bug, or if I've done something stupid?
    Do a /raidinfo on both characters and look at their ICC lockouts, do they show 11/12 or 12/12 defeated?
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    You can't change the size while you are inside the instance, but if you zone out and change it there isn't generally any problems.
    Whenever I tried that in 5.X it automatically reverted to the old size after I re-entered.

Whenever I tried that in 5.X it automatically reverted to the old size after I re-entered.
    If you kill something on say 10H then try to go to 25N/H it will do that, the only way to force it to let you switch the raid size in that situation is to actually be in a raid group and enter the instance. The lockouts are weird with the heroic fights, but normal you can swap between 10 and 25 all day.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki