High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

46 second Slice and Dice?

Hey guys, today when I was running through Black Temple, I noticed that occasionally my Slice and Dice was refreshing at 46 seconds instead of 36 seconds. It didn't happen every time, and I thought it was perhaps just a bug with my Slice Admiral addon but the in-game buff tooltip also said 46 seconds.

Not sure what's causing it but thought I'd post here and see if anyone else had run into this "issue" >.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/w3pdElX

Also kind of off-topic but after 1+ year of farming and 7 offhands I just got my mainhand glaive XD

7+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations on your Glaive!

The SnD duration is not a bug. All classes now benefit from Warlock's Pandemic Mechanic, so if you refresh your SnD with 12 seconds or less that time gets added onto your new duration.

I believe its 12 seconds for SnD but I am not 100% on that amount, point is all periodic effects when refreshed early get time added to the new duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    1/3 of the duration. So yes: 12 seconds.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah awesome, thanks for the info This means we could have a 40 second recuperate as well then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    Ah awesome, thanks for the info This means we could have a 40 second recuperate as well then?
    Yes, and rupture/hemo/CT etc

Yep it's 12sec, you get 1/3 extra duration on refresh now. Also works with envenom, making assa even more tedious spec :l

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    Yep it's 12sec, you get 1/3 extra duration on refresh now. Also works with envenom, making assa even more tedious spec :l
    Wow, didn't even think about the envenom buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Yes, and rupture/hemo/CT etc
    Just so you know, that's not the case with CT. It seems to only ever be 12 seconds, making clipping it at all rather horrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Just so you know, that's not the case with CT. It seems to only ever be 12 seconds, making clipping it at all rather horrible.
    Thanks for the info. Seems odd that they didn't. But I guess who really refreshes CT efficiently, pre patch trash is dying in time of 1 CT

The Crimson Tempest dot now moves the remaining damage into the new dot when you clip it.

Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    Could you elaborate on why you feel Assassination becomes more tedious with this bonus? From my beta testing I can pretty much always make sure my Mutilate and Dispatch benefits from the Envenom perk due to the increased duration along with the help of Anticipation. This is going to be what differentiates skilled players, as you deal a lot more damage if you master it.
    Last edited by Fiska; 2014-10-22 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Vex View Post
    The Crimson Tempest dot now moves the remaining damage into the new dot when you clip it.

Could you elaborate on why you feel Assassination becomes more tedious with this bonus? From my beta testing I can pretty much always make sure my Mutilate and Dispatch benefits from the Envenom perk due to the increased duration along with the help of Anticipation. This is going to be what differentiates skilled players, as you deal a lot more damage if you master it.
    It makes it easier to get those mutilates/dispatches into the longer envenom debuff. It makes the spec even easier and more braindead. How is that "skilled"?

8 secs envenoms are super awesome.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-10-24 at 02:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    8 secs envenoms are super awesome.
    Don't you feel energy starved? I havent played Muti since patch, but in 5.4 I was energy starved by end of the window. Only time I could make full use of the buff was during dispatch phase where you could get 4-5 maybe even 6 dispatches in.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Don't you feel energy starved? I havent played Muti since patch, but in 5.4 I was energy starved by end of the window. Only time I could make full use of the buff was during dispatch phase where you could get 4-5 maybe even 6 dispatches in.
    With the tier set and how it works saving some energy and giving you a free cp when you evenom you can actualy line things pretty perfectly for a vendetta followed by a crit envenom and dump all of your energy on that 8 secs window and envenom at the end again to keep your envenom debuf rolling and get your shadow clone to do some pretty dumb damage (I know he doesnt benefit from the envenom buf, he doesnt even proc poisons, but you actualy get to cast a bunch of mutilates, some dispatches if youre lucky and 2 eviscerates on the window of time the clone is up)

Pandemic mechanic makes pretty much every spec/class more complex to play, if you realy master its ins and outs you get extra damage/can tailor your rotation to whatever situation youre in on the moment. It doesnt dumb down assas, I keep saying this but contrary to popular belief skill makes a hell of a lot of diference when playing the spec otherwise wed not have the delta we do when you compare logs. The only thing Sin has that most other specs dont is that almost nobody manages to deal bad damage playing it, but you have OK Sin rogues and good Sin rogues its easy to tell them apart actualy.

It might be only me but Sin feels more fluid on WoD than it ever felt before, I dont feel like Im waiting half as much as I used to. Probably has to do with recovering energy everytime rupture ticks now, instead of having a chance. Combat on the other hand is mindnumbingly anoying, its a complete slog.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-10-24 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    It makes it easier to get those mutilates/dispatches into the longer envenom debuff. It makes the spec even easier and more braindead. How is that "skilled"?
    Been playing Assassination a lot in the beta, and you're not seeing 8 second Envenoms constantly whenever you're doing ST dps. A lot of the time you have to work with the normal duration. But seriously, what kind of complaint is that anyway? Would you rather have the Envenom buff shortened down to 2 seconds, for a maximum of 3 seconds? How would that be any more skilled, really? The situation would be the exact same; Good Rogues land more hits during Envenom than bad Rogues.

I enjoy it a lot the way it is now where I can make sure that all my Mutilates and Dispatches are landing during the Envenom buff window. It *feels* great, and I know I'm doing well. It's tight whenever you need to reapply Rupture, and you probably won't make it every time unless you store Combo Points in Anticipation. It becomes even harder whenever there's a multi-target situation since you want to apply Rupture on three mobs (any more has turned out redundant in my experience). You have to make a choice. Do you want to get three Ruptures up quickly where your Combo Point generators aren't benefiting from the Envenom buff, or do you want to slow it all down and make sure they are? Can you even tell me right now what the best option is?

I think Assassination is one of the best specs in the game. It flows incredibly well in combat. The concept of the rotation is easy to grasp, but there is depth to it. Making sure your Energy regeneration is high, all attacks benefiting from Envenom, and watching for mobs to get low health so you may use Dispatch will distinguish good players.

Been playing Assassination a lot in the beta, and you're not seeing 8 second Envenoms constantly whenever you're doing ST dps. A lot of the time you have to work with the normal duration. But seriously, what kind of complaint is that anyway? Would you rather have the Envenom buff shortened down to 2 seconds, for a maximum of 3 seconds? How would that be any more skilled, really? The situation would be the exact same; Good Rogues land more hits during Envenom than bad Rogues.

I enjoy it a lot the way it is now where I can make sure that all my Mutilates and Dispatches are landing during the Envenom buff window. It *feels* great, and I know I'm doing well. It's tight whenever you need to reapply Rupture, and you probably won't make it every time unless you store Combo Points in Anticipation. It becomes even harder whenever there's a multi-target situation since you want to apply Rupture on three mobs (any more has turned out redundant in my experience). You have to make a choice. Do you want to get three Ruptures up quickly where your Combo Point generators aren't benefiting from the Envenom buff, or do you want to slow it all down and make sure they are? Can you even tell me right now what the best option is?

I think Assassination is one of the best specs in the game. It flows incredibly well in combat. The concept of the rotation is easy to grasp, but there is depth to it. Making sure your Energy regeneration is high, all attacks benefiting from Envenom, and watching for mobs to get low health so you may use Dispatch will distinguish good players.
    You misunderstood my post. The poster I replied to said it's a more difficult rotation with the new envenom buff; I just said it's easier because it allows you to clip envenom much sooner.

Meh, you can only clip envenom half a second earlier than before.

The big gain from pandemic is being able to apply rupture at more ideal times.

Is there a limit to how much of the clipped dot's damage rolls over?

Meh, you can only clip envenom half a second earlier than before.

The big gain from pandemic is being able to apply rupture at more ideal times.
    Its 2 seconds earlier actualy, wich does make a difference.