I need help building my first PC

Hey there, guys ^^

Ive been wanting to get a decent computer from quite a long time and I finally got together some money for it.Since its my first time building a computer and I dont really know much about it I figured Id ask more experienced people for help. Below are the detais:

Budget: 900-1100€ for both the computer and peripherials

OS: Need it, will probably go with windows (would there be any problem if I were to buy lets say windows 7 instead of the newer versions? Also, how expensive is this? I saw it for 200€ in a shop but Ive also read it was less than 100$)

Parts that can be reused: This is my first time building a PC so... none.

Games/settings desired: I want the computer to be able to handle browsers with a lot of open tabs and wow on high settings (not necesarely at the same time) without lagging (too much), reaching sahara-like temperatures or making loud noise. I dont play any other game besides wow but would like to be able to play other games at, at least, medium settings. Im also really concerned about durability, Id like the computer to remain "usable" (by that I mean that I dont need to upgrade it) for as long as possible. I dont stream or use complicated programs or anything, I mainly play and browse internet.

Peripherials needed: keyboard (must be good for both gaming and writing), speakers, monitor and maybe a webcam

Resolution: (...) I read I should specify this but honestly I have no idea what it means >.<

Finally, Id greatly appreciate if someone could evaluate the sets I was thinking about. I dont know much about computers so keep that in mind.

1- http://www.flickr.com/photos/97484722@N07/9085528518/ (recommended by a friend some months ago)

2- The "dolphin" set just published by chaud (without including peripherials):

Case: NZXT Source 210 - $40
    Power Supply: EVGA 600B - $60
    CPU: AMD FX-8320 - $143
    Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $33
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO - $110
    Memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $82
    Graphics Card: XFX R9 270X - $160
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $75
    DVD: Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21

Total $724 (SSD is not included but Id like one)

So... what do you people think/recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Honestly I would go with an i5 2500k or i5 3470. It's literally $30 more than that current CPU.

Deleted
    you need an i5/Z97 setup along with a 760. I checked some prices from pcpartpicker spain and prices and parts available are terrible. You ask too much out of this budget. All those peripherals except monitor you shouldhave a different budget. there is 10euro keyboards and 200euro keyboards. Fitting all those keyboards/mouse,speakers, cameras in that budget will be crap anyway while crapping you rest setup.

Unless you got a good cheap website that you buy parts, and you know its cheaper than the rest and you link it to us. So we can work from that.

(don't get fooled by seeing usd prices, 200usd gpu is at least 200euro over here)

- - - Updated - - -

this is the best i could come up with from amazon.espana (no ssd ofc, you need another 100euro):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€218.00 @ Amazon Espana)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€45.93 @ Amazon Espana)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€99.90 @ Amazon Espana)
    Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (€81.00 @ Amazon Espana)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€56.99 @ Amazon Espana)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card (€199.00 @ Amazon Espana)
    Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case (€35.00 @ Amazon Espana)
    Power Supply: be quiet! 530W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€67.90 @ Amazon Espana)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (€114.70 @ Amazon Espana)
    Monitor: LG 23MP55HQ-P 60Hz 23.0" Monitor (€144.38 @ Amazon Espana)
    Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard (€11.25 @ Amazon Espana)
    Mouse: A4Tech Bloody V7 Wired Optical Mouse (€26.97 @ Amazon Espana)
    Total: €1101.02
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 10:44 CEST+0200
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-10-22 at 08:44 AM. Reason: fixed o/s

Ok, lets forget about the periferials then since I dont really need a cam and Ive seen quite nice keyboards for less than 20 euros (Ill get the speakers somehow, I may even have some old ones. Id still need a monitor tho).

Looking for cheaper parts at the moment, will update if I find something

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt know pc parts would be so terrible price wise over here

- - - Updated - - -

Found this OS (windows) for 90€, I think is the same you listed there. Browsing more that page, only thing they seem to have from your list is the graphic card, and its at the same prize :S
    http://www.pccomponentes.com/microsoft_windows_7_home_premium_64bits_oem_service_pack_1.html

- - - Updated - - -

yep, everything has the same prize or higher than amazon, with the exception of the OS

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what SSD would you add?
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    Crucial MX100 256gb or Samsung evo 250gb. Samsung being little more expensive but alot faster in write speeds. I would still look around on other shops, seems strange that amazon can be cheaper in every single part.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on, you got alternate.es there.... Check that usually is cheap

Could as well make new setup cause it has every single part compared to amazon lol, damn forgot that website had spanish version.

- - - Updated - - -

cpu: Intel® Core™ i5-4690K 215€
    cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 30€
    mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI 95€
    ram: G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 (2x4) 69€
    ssd: Crucial MX100 2,5" SSD 256 GB 93€
    hdd: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1 TB 49€
    gpu: SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 280X Tri-X OC 235€
    psu: XFX PRO550W 55€
    case: Corsair Carbide 200R 54€
    o/s: Microsoft Windows 8.1 95€
    monitor: ASUS VX239H 160€
    ---------
    Total: 1150€

if you wish to cut down from those extra 50euros:

1. you can ditch the hdd for now
    2. Get the cpu cooler later
    3. Drop the gpu to a gtx 760 @ 195€
    4. Get cheaper mobo @ 88€ (not worth it imo)

Nah, its ok, it doesnt go up by that much so I should be able to afford it.
    Last question: Does it matter if I buy http://www.pccomponentes.com/microso...ce_pack_1.html instead of the Microsoft Windows 8.1? I really hate that new version >.<

Thanks for the help

Deleted
    Sure it works, get whatever version you like. Usually the latest o/s gets supported for longer

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7 is going to lose support soon (mid january). I'd suggest sticking with Windows 8.1 and just downloading Classic Shell or Start8 (I prefer start8 but it does cost $5) to get rid of the metro UI start menu and everything. It'll just end up looking like a fast, better performing Windows 7.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Says Jan 2020 here. Mainstream and extended its the same thing really if you have the service packs, isn't it?