Is There Alot Of Incest In European Royalty?

Ever since some people i know started bringing it up I always assumed that family members of british/euro royalty would have children together to maintain their status. Frankly I find the idea gross, but whatever. Is it really true that there are alot of inbreeding in royalty over there?
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2014-10-22 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Why stop at the British royalty?

RELAX, I'M ENGLISH, I CAN BASH MY OWN NATION.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ever since some people i know started bringing it up I always assumed that family members of british royalty would have children together to maintain their status. Frankly I find the idea gross, but whatever. Is it really true that there are alot of inbreeding in british royalty?
    Not just in British royalty. This was common among many royal families all around Europe. No idea about Asia tho

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Not just in British royalty. This was common among many royal families all around Europe. No idea about Asia tho
    eww.......

I have no doubt about that.

Give him a banjo.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

please don't tell me this extends to mommy and daddy...

Gotta keep it in the family. Incest is pretty common in royal lines, even from ancient times.

This thread should get closed pretty quickly. Of course there is incest in royal families.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...l-dynasty.html

Once upon a time it was a thing used to maintain the purity of the bloodline.. There's a reason why it isn't any more.

In before all the irelevant "lol Daily Mail" comments.

Actually europe with royal families had like 4-5 royal families that ruled whole europe and interbred..basically all were cousins and shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure what kind of conversation can generate from this topic that isn't insulting to those nations.

If you want to read about historical royal marriages and whatnot, there is a wealth of information online.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |