Building new comp for playing WoD at 1440p

I am building myself a new computer to play WoD primarily (mythic raiding), and maybe do some minor video editing on the side.

Currently my main monitor I am using is the ASUS PB278 which is 27" and 1440p.
    I also have an additional Syncmaster P2570 24.6" at 1080p sitting right next to it, plugged into the same pc.
    I also have keyboard, mouse, speakers, case, extra HDD's already and possibly a psu if it's compatible with the new setup.

I am going for high-end value parts.
    The following is what I am thinking of getting.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K (because it has the best single thread performance according to cpubenchmark)
    Video Card: GIGABYTE G1 GeForce GTX 970 (because it rated the best out of all the GTX 970s...purchased this today actually, before it sold out)
    Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (considered good value by a recent tom's hardware article)
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (considered good value by a recent tom's hardware article)
    Memory: 16gb of something?

First I am wondering if anyone has specific memory suggestions. Does frequency/timing need to be matched to the mobo or something?
    If I wanted to do overclocking on the cpu, what fan would you recommend? How much extra fps in a raid would overclocking the cpu and/or gpu even give?
    Of all the parts listed above is there anything you would change/think that would have better value for less money?

Some technical questions:
    For the main monitor should I use Dual Link DVI, Display port 1.2 or HDMI 1.4 for hooking up to the video card?
    While playing WoW my 2nd monitor usually has vent on it with chrome open for boss strats, etc. Does this stress my videocard a lot more, and impact my fps on my main monitor?
    If I went raid 0 and got 2x 250gb ssd's would it make the game load faster?
    I noticed new mobo's have M.2 and SATA express...are the requisite SSD's worth it? Or is insignificant gains for an absurd price?

Deleted
    hi
    8gb should be more than enough , but having more doesnt hurt, some ppl might say get 8 and spend the difference somewhere else (better gpu/psu/anything) about the frequency, intel "supports" 1333/1600 ddr3 , they guarantee that with this types of frequency the cpu will never fail, u also can buy higher frequency memory, again it doesnt hurt, u just have to enable the xpm profile that allows u to go higher frequency, which for gaming might and probably will not have effect at all for gaming, sometimes you can find 1800mhz ddr cheaper than 1600 it really doesnt matter because unless u enable the xpm the ram will run at the highest support speed which is 1600

about cpu cooling everything relies in what u want, if u want to squeeze ur cpu until its limits , then get rdy to spend ~100 in a good cpu cooler(also if u want a very silent pc), but for up to 4.6ghz u dont need a monster for cpu cooler, for high ended cpu cooler noctua nh-d15, for low profile cpu cooler cooler master hyper 212 evo, i like to avoid AIO water loops,

overclocking does impact the raid performance, probably around >10fps in my experience, and now probably even more with the new patch since also require more gpu power

as i said before with 8gb of ram should be more than enough for gaming; price/value the i5 is better than the i7 for gaming, but definitely the i7 is a better cpu and "there is slightly" difference while playing, some ppl say there is none but believe there is , i think ppl will say get 8gb ram i5 and spend the rest in 980gtx or better psu/case but is up to you, the 16gb ram will help some for video editing, and the i7 will give u maybe +5fps

for the cables i know there is absolutely no difference in image quality in how u connect the pc to the monitor , unless u need to transmit more stuff like audio/data and unless u use 120/144hz monitor in which case hdmi do not support more than 60hz

having 2 monitors stress everything even the cpu, but something ur new pc cant handle

2 sdd in raid 0, are faster than 1sdd but it doesnt scale to 2 sdd work twice as fast as 1, is kinda like sli/crossfire while 1 ssd might load something in 10s 2 ssd will do it in ~6s, it does read faster
    m.2 is just the new generation i dont think u should worry about this since probably must of the gaming mobos will have more less the same features
    Last edited by mmocc274989594; 2014-10-22 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    - A gtx 970 is sufficient to power those 2 monitors at 60Hz
    - If you are looking for gaming rig 8gb of ram is enough even for some minor editing. If you would get into more heavy editing you would need 16gb to be sure. Either way you can start with 8 and if you see you could use more, add another 8 later on.
    - Having raid 2 ssd's in raid 0 does give increased speeds. But in real world scenario's you will experience no difference. Thus being a waste money and storage.

Here's a "high-end" reccomendation for the rig, so you know what you are looking at:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 93.3 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($203.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($82.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($208.97 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Western Digital RE4-GP 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($75.00 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($368.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case ($149.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($90.26 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1680.15
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 03:51 EDT-0400