Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Today is Launch Day

Unless you've been living under a rock, today is when Rift 3.0 - Nightmare Tide Expansion will launch at the same time for North America and Europe

Patching time is set to begin in exactly seven hours time at 14:30GMT.

Downtime is expected to be ~ 3 hours.

Deleted
    Guess I've been living under a rock then

Deleted
    I like my rock!

This is my rock. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rock is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    This is my rock. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rock is my best friend. It is my life.
    I too have my pet rock, can get it in game

I live under a rock as well then. Rift...lol.

What is this Rift you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    Guess I've been living under a rock then
    yeah I didn't think I was living under a rock but I didn't know this >_>

I knew it was delayed. I knew it was coming. I did not know it was today as I have not been playing much lately. Real Life has been busy with a move and several family birthdays as well. I guess I live under a rock too, condescending asshole.

imho if its an MMORPG and its not WoW, it really doesn't mean anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either we've all been living under a rock without knowing it or the gaming media just doesn't feel it is news worthy anymore or at all.

You take your guess, But one positive thing to come out of this is their isn't any hype from the looks of it.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-10-22 at 02:41 PM.

Oh yea, I forgot about this too. And I do play Rift somewhat often. I'll get to it eventually.

Marketing seems pretty anemic, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh yea, I forgot about this too. And I do play Rift somewhat often. I'll get to it eventually.

Marketing seems pretty anemic, tbh.
    Yeah, doesn't look like they put a big marketing/PR push behind this at all. I totally forgot it was launching today until I saw an article about it on Massively yesterday (talking about the collectors editions).

Wondering if they're seeing how things work without a big spend on it or if this is a reaction to their overall financial status.

I had no idea this many MMORPG players lived under rocks. Wow. Why don't we spend our money on housing instead of gaming rigs and internet service?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was that today? I woke up from a nap (it's 2.02am here)

I just think there were more interesting things to do under the rock - judging by the fact that the "hard-corish" guild I am in (I'm casual) has 11 people on right now.

It's 2am in South Africa - patched game... logged in... going to bed.

May look at it over the weekend. Not sure if I'm going to bother. From my experience on beta, it's like a large content patch, rather than an expansion.

Seatin made level 65 in 4.5 hours.

Just checked the NA shards - two on high... rest on medium... looks like most people didn't know / care about it being released today. Two EU shards on low, 4 on medium - - doesn't look like anyone's in any rush to level there either - granted, it is a week-day and it is +/- midnight in EU.

Last edited by theWocky; 2014-10-23 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    The lagg... its so bad
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I think a lot of detractors thought it would be a buggy mess. But actually there has been no real reported bugs of note that I have seen. The most annoying thing I experienced was 400 people trying to kill a zone event mob with 500 mil health. No content patch I have ever heard of has more than one zone. Its a smaller expansion but its still an expansion.

I think Extra Life is gonna be really interesting this year

Holy hell...first thing when I log in, framerate is awful. Why? Shadows. Have to turn shadows off, and can't at least leave them on for environment to get some light/dark contrast.

Trion this is awful, I am strongly disliking this expansion already. Please do not remove graphical options in the future in the name of "improvements".

Oh fucking wow...they capped how many Void Stones (Rift currency) you can earn per week now...and it will take 3 weeks per earing slot and 3 weeks for planewalker water...what the fuck, this is getting worse. What the fuck is happening over there, Trion, this is terrible.

And wait...the first quest reward you get, the FIRST FUCKING QUEST REWARD requires you to have planewalker water? That's it, I think I'm done with this. Trion doesn't get any more of my money. I'm fucking pissed.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-10-23 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy hell...first thing when I log in, framerate is awful. Why? Shadows. Have to turn shadows off, and can't at least leave them on for environment to get some light/dark contrast.
    Yeah, Edge, I saw that in Alpha, Beta, PTS.

The Zones are too big imo - It's like Dendrome used to occasionally lag (when more people played ofc) whenever an event was on. I was "solo" in a new area and still had spikes of 15~25 fps. And that middle zone in the city? My gods...

No bugs? Khelendross? Game isn't even under stress - not a single server had queues (and I'm not a patron) and the FPS, the lag... it's not going to get much better. I never thought that they could screw up the FPS any more - they have.

It looks like a lot of those detractors have simply given up and quit playing judging by the fact that the best they could muster were two servers on "high"

My main issue is that the Trion PR department is downright embarrassing.
    I have not seen one advertisement for the expansion.

Seatin and Intim "gave" away a us$150 Nightmare tide pack on their YouTube channels - they got about 450 views EACH on their video promoting this. It was even retweeted by RiftGame. This is the Rift Expansion of "no-one gives a f--k"

Hopefully they put it on Steam soon to try to resuscitate it.

At present moment, my stance is that Rift is dead - death by drowning (ok, that's not fair - it's on life support), but hey!At least they have Oculus Rift support.

I have a name for people who purchased the Rift US$150 Expansion - "victims"
    Last edited by theWocky; 2014-10-23 at 06:32 AM.