Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will we resurrect the Wooly Mammoth next year?

According to this sit a little over half way down the page, We will successfully resurrect the wooly mammoth some time in 2015. Is this still on track to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's delicious.

15+ Year Old Account
    ja, ja, i´m working on it, just need some more candles and chalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    ja, ja, i´m working on it, just need some more candles and chalk
    Pffft you need to use 90s Technology and get some Amber....We got a deadline to open the real Jurassic Park by 2025!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love that from that whole list, the thing that excites you most is Wooly Mammoths

Me too..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I love that from that whole list, the thing that excites you most is Wooly Mammoths

Me too..
    It will be amazing. Im also super hyped about a vaccine for aids, a cure for malaria, and the 5 year survival rates for different cancers becoming 100%. All of that will happen within 15 years. An anti fat pill will be great too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any word on immortality?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Any word on immortality?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It will be amazing. Im also super hyped about a vaccine for aids, a cure for malaria, and the 5 year survival rates for different cancers becoming 100%. All of that will happen within 15 years. An anti fat pill will be great too!
    Boo. We can't gawk at that stuff in zoos.

Anyway... beyond proving "we can do this," Mammoths would be practically relegated to curiosities at zoos. There's no ecological niche for them to fill, and climate change wouldn't do them any favors even if we did drop a herd of them somewhere in Siberia for the funzies.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    [video=youtube;yoy4_h7Pb3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoy4_h7Pb3M[/ideo]
    I feel so confident.

Deleted
    No because the Pregnancy of a elephant is 2 year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Boo. We can't gawk at that stuff in zoos.

Anyway... beyond proving "we can do this," Mammoths would be practically relegated to curiosities at zoos. There's no ecological niche for them to fill, and climate change wouldn't do them any favors even if we did drop a herd of them somewhere in Siberia for the funzies.
    We can drop them off in Northern Canada and colder regions I guess.

hell yeah. Cant wait. I mean what can possibly go wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Mammoths aren't known to be carnivorous.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how old I will be when I die. Not necessarily me, but someone at the age of 23 today. My goal is 100, but I think 150-200 may be possible by the time I reach those ages. My grandchildren may live to be 3-400 years old. I do not think we will ever be fully immortal. If I make it to 100 Ill die happy. At 100 I will have seen the colonization of Mars at least so I can live with that. Or die with that rather.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can drop them off in Northern Canada and colder regions I guess.
    I'm dubious that Northern Canada is effectively colder than Northern Siberia.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    as a european, nothing, nothing at all

thanks to numerous documentaries like the one you´ve linked, everyone knows, if shit happens, it will happen to the US first

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how old I will be when I die. Not necessarily me, but someone at the age of 23 today. My goal is 100, but I think 150-200 may be possible by the time I reach those ages. My grandchildren may live to be 3-400 years old. I do not think we will ever be fully immortal. If I make it to 100 Ill die happy. At 100 I will have seen the colonization of Mars at least so I can live with that. Or die with that rather.
    i´m with you here, purely judging by the accomplishments of the past 20-40 years, though we could just kill each other in a huge ass war, let´s wait and see
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    reaching 150 and higher will be another type of difficult. Most of us die from our body failing and alot of cures, synthetic, and transplant stuff is coming our way at a rapid pase. but you see when people reach above 100 their brain starts failing. And keep the brain '' alive '' is something that research isnt very far at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    as a european, nothing, nothing at all

thanks to numerous documentaries like the one you´ve linked, everyone knows, if shit happens, it will happen to the US first

lol well Id argue that is true but its the Europeans who first cloned shit. But my money would be on China anyways. Theyd probably wnat to make some sort of Jurassic Park so they can eat dinosaurs for big long hardons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    reaching 150 and higher will be another type of difficult. Most of us die from our body failing and alot of cures, synthetic, and transplant stuff is coming our way at a rapid pase. but you see when people reach above 100 their brain starts failing. And keep the brain '' alive '' is something that research isnt very far at.
    You havent been keeping tabs on tech progression. They are already working on uploading your mind into computer chips. WHEEEEEEEEE cant wait to see how that ends up also

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    There's a bunch of research being done around Telomerase, the downside to it is that it also promotes cancer. I haven't really kept up to date with it, but research into stuff like this has the potential to greatly increase lifespan while maintaining quality of life.

There was also a really interesting TED talk about immortality / living forever, but I don't have the link at hand right now.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla