Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

The newest adventure of Katie Hopkins!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...fat-fault.html

Seems a bit extreme and I'm not sure why she keeps being given a platform on which to speak about issues she clearly doesn't understand. It can't be great for her health either but if nothing else it proves what a spiteful individual she is if her motive is what she says it is.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure, after doing a quick Google search, that nobody outside the UK knows who the hell this person is. Secondly, you're extending her "platform" by linking to that page, and bringing her to the attention of people who really don't care about her - being those of us who don't live in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    But she's right?
    It all started when they classified obesity a disability. Which doesn't make any sense, how is it fair that they can get financial suppertime and special treatment in the workplace because they can't stop stuffing their face?

They just have to eat less and move more, it is literally THAT simple!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    They just have to eat less and move more, it is literally THAT simple!
    When's the last time you weighed 250 pounds?

Real headline: Woman eats lots, gets fat, claims she can lose fat by not eating lots.

Wow.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It´s still THAT simple. Nobody is saying you should start with ironmans

15+ Year Old Account
    I kind of like this. The amount of excuses people have for being overweight is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be never. I have on the other hand been pretty overweight bordering on fat! You know how I changed that? I ate less and moved more!!! You don't have to run or lift weights, all you need to do at first is going for a walk every other day and not eat like a freaking hippo.

Deleted
    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/05/he...t2fit-lessons/

There's a professional in the field, a personal trainer, who wasn't very successful in what he was doing, because he thought like so many ignorant people in this thread do; that it's just as easy as "eat less, move more", and that people just use excuses a lot, and that it isn't hard.

He decided to gain 70 pounds, and then drop it all. If you read the article, the experience opened his eyes to the fact that it isn't quite as simple as people, who have never been in that situation, and who absolutely have no idea what the hell they're talking about, think.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    That would be never. I have on the other hand been pretty overweight bordering on fat!
    Haha. "Pretty overweight bordering on fat", what the hell does that even mean?

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure, after doing a quick Google search, that nobody outside the UK knows who the hell this person is. Secondly, you're extending her "platform" by linking to that page, and bringing her to the attention of people who really don't care about her - being those of us who don't live in the UK.
    TBF there's hundreds of American/EU Country only stories nobody outside US or EU give a rats ass about posted here

I live in the UK, and I have no idea who this person is.

15+ Year Old Account

There's a professional in the field, a personal trainer, who wasn't very successful in what he was doing, because he thought like so many ignorant people in this thread do; that it's just as easy as "eat less, move more", and that people just use excuses a lot, and that it isn't hard.

He decided to gain 70 pounds, and then drop it all. If you read the article, the experience opened his eyes to the fact that it isn't quite as simple as people, who have never been in that situation, and who absolutely have no idea what the hell they're talking about, think.
    So, he figured out it was also difficult mentally and emotionally. In all the discussions we've had on the subject here, I can't remember anyone disagreeing with that.

Deleted
    Who be this woman?

She got a point tho, the only reason people are fat is because they lack self control.
    Losing weight isn't even a challenge.

I've lost 80 pounds and I can tell you it was one of the easiest things I've ever done. All it takes is eating healthy (don't buy excessive amounts of unhealthy stuff; easy) work out 30 minutes a day.

All the people I know IRL having a hard time losing weight are constantly lying and cheating on themselves. But since I used to be fat nobody judges me for calling fat people lazy fatties.
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2014-10-22 at 11:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind fat people,however i don't like it when they are trying to slim down and blame it on something else, despite how terrible of a woman she is, she is completely correct on this one.. >.<

Deleted
    The problem with this is she has motivation to lose the weight (making money from magazine / TV interviews, maybe a fitness DVD), and the means to do it fast and effectively (money, support, personal trainer).

Your average obese person doesn't have those things, but if they did they would probably lose the weight just as fast. It's all about having the confidence in yourself and the support around you to do it, which a lot of obese people do not have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. "Pretty overweight bordering on fat", what the hell does that even mean?

It means that I was classified as severely overweight on the BMI scale and my neck and chin was pretty much one straight blubbery line

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The problem with this is she has motivation to lose the weight (making money from magazine / TV interviews, maybe a fitness DVD), and the means to do it fast and effectively (money, support, personal trainer).

Your average obese person doesn't have those things, but if they did they would probably lose the weight just as fast. It's all about having the confidence in yourself and the support around you to do it, which a lot of obese people do not have.
    The confidence and support not to shove your face full of chocolate, pies , mcdonalds and cola at every given opportunity? :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The confidence and support not to shove your face full of chocolate, pies , mcdonalds and cola at every given opportunity? :S
    It's a vicious circle. They are depressed because they are overweight, and the overeat because they are depressed.

She was a contestant on "the Apprentice" one year. First came to my attention because she was invited onto "This Morning" (Or some other day time telly show) to spout off about how she would be disppointed if her children made friends with kids with "chavvy" names.

Pretty sure she just makes a career out of being inflammatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.