Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The new Personal Dungeon Loot System is Stupid

Why would they put such a retarded idea into practice in dungeons? Not seeing any loot drop from bosses is just plain stupid. It makes dungeons feel unrewarding, especially when no gear drops. RNG is one thing, but not seeing any loot drop for anyone is completely asinine.

The game used to feel like an MMO-RPG, loot would drop off of every boss in dungeons, the RNG would be what type of loot would drop, and it

1) felt exciting to see loot drop in the first place

2) was fun rolling need / greed depending on the needs of your char

3) was fun out rolling someone and winning gear

Now none of that exists anymore with this system. What was Blizzard thinking???

Just another one of their stupid ideas that gets forced into an expansion just to appease a whining minority of players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree, I think this is a really shitty change.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still see in the feed all the gear that people pick up. I guess they changed it for less drama.

I happen to like the new system. Less drama.. but if you dont, just change the loot to need/greed or master loot.

Deleted
    Also, this way enchanters are really screwed, way less materials from dungeons. I do not really see a reason to run heroics/dungeons after you are geared since they removed JV/VP.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know there is something wrong with you when your salty about not having to compete for loot. I really was looking forward to having to re-run heroic on my main because random pricks take my gear, I know most people would hate it, but it's part of the experience. It was what made Cata feel a little bit more fun

Deleted
    It was great running dungeons and needing on anything i could need on, provided me some decent gold by vendoring the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why would they put such a retarded idea into practice in dungeons? Not seeing any loot drop from bosses is just plain stupid. It makes dungeons feel unrewarding, especially when no gear drops. RNG is one thing, but not seeing any loot drop for anyone is completely asinine.

The game used to feel like an MMO-RPG, loot would drop off of every boss in dungeons, the RNG would be what type of loot would drop, and it

1) felt exciting to see loot drop in the first place

2) was fun rolling need / greed depending on the needs of your char

3) was fun out rolling someone and winning gear

Now none of that exists anymore with this system. What was Blizzard thinking???

Just another one of their stupid ideas that gets forced into an expansion just to appease a whining minority of players.

As for your points

1) Seeing the same loot drop over and over again, even not looting some bosses because nobody needs anythings and there is no D/E
    2) Was fun looking at someone in SoO gear roll need on an item just so they could D/E it themselves rather than "risk" losing it to the D/E roll, or simply to vendor it
    3) But not fun being the one outrolled, especially if the piece was not even an upgrade for them

There were enough negatives also with the "old" way loot dropped that this new way also works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Betatest View Post
    Also, this way enchanters are really screwed, way less materials from dungeons. I do not really see a reason to run heroics/dungeons after you are geared since they removed JV/VP.
    Don't forget that this will also most likely increase the value of those materials.

I don't mind the personal loot. I mean, it's the same as LFR's loot system and Flex'. I agree that it does remove yet another aspect of the game, but at least there won't be an intel plate drop when none in our group can even use plate to begin with. Or, at least intel plate users will actually be able to gear up now without running dungeons 24/7 for one piece lol

Deleted
    You still see loot messages in the chat frame when others get loot, atleast i do.

It's more consistent with their vision of personal loot for random matchmaking. It also cuts down on GM ticket load, since you don't have the drama tickets anymore. Personally I like how every boss can drop something viable now, so you won't have people just queueing for X boss and leaving [or dropping group immediately when they didn't get a dungeon they wanted from the random queue]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    As for your points

1) Seeing the same loot drop over and over again, even not looting some bosses because nobody needs anythings and there is no D/E
    2) Was fun looking at someone in SoO gear roll need on an item just so they could D/E it themselves rather than "risk" losing it to the D/E roll, or simply to vendor it
    3) But not fun being the one outrolled, especially if the piece was not even an upgrade for them

There were enough negatives also with the "old" way loot dropped that this new way also works.
    You seem to have completely missed the point.

This system makes the game feel less and less like an MMO. Loot should be dropping off bosses. Period. There shouldn't be a scenario where no loot drops, which can and does happen with this retarded system.

People bring up points like "drama," or "that guy rolled need but he has better gear" which are not even worthy discussing because they are just part of playing the game. Deal with it. People still get geared well enough even with those factors. If your dice are a bigger number, you get the item. If no one needs the item, then its still whoever's dice is bigger gets the item.

I really like the new system. For me it's a psychological thing - not feeling like you were unlucky when others outroll you. Furthermore no more questions will arise when people who aren't "entitled" on rolling, roll for something (mainspec vs offspec etc, that kind of drama), also people who just roll need on all they can just for gold. All in all, imho it provides a more fluent, drama-free experience.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    You can still see in the feed all the gear that people pick up. I guess they changed it for less drama.
    If gear actually drops.

With the % chance being so low, there's a pretty good probability you will kill a boss and it will drop nothing. Nobody in the group gets anything at all, and that feels like a huge waste of time. Why kill the bosses when they drop nothing so often? Last few dungeons I did, we averaged about 1-2 drops per dungeon. Wow, so exciting much loot wow.

Unlike LFR, we don't even get failbags. Kill a boss, get 30 silver. Wow.

At least before, you had the chance of a greed roll if nobody needed the item and you had a chance to get 10g. That's far better than 30 silver.
    Last edited by Xaelai; 2014-10-22 at 02:17 PM.

You see what others get in the loot window, and additionally you can simply queue as a complete group and you can choose your loot system, default is need before greed with standard rolls then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Muuuuuch preferred, to be completely honest.

Many times, I've been pissed off when a player has rolled Need for offspec when there's a player that would use the item for their main spec.

Rolling Need/Greed was never fun if you were running a dungeon with a bunch of strangers. It did an adequate job, but a system like this is going to do much better at improving what little group cohesion exists with a bunch of random players, and it'll minimise resentment for winners. I mean, nothing's really changing that much behind the scenes, but players' perceptions of the outcomes will be different.

At least now players will more likely become angry at/resentful of Blizzard and the loot system, rather than other players. It might mean they don't bail on your group and you're waiting 15 minutes for another tank to queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Worth mentioning that pugs of normal/heroic through Premade Groups will be frequently be using Personal Loot over distributed too to avoid drama/ninjas. Leaders still have that incentive to do distributed to reserve loot/have friends roll and trade, but ultimately I think most pugs will prefer the personal option if given the choice when running with complete strangers. I know there's folks who prefer distributed, and that's cool, but I think the communitys going to lean towards personal for pugs. Also speeds up runs a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You see what others get in the loot window, and additionally you can simply queue as a complete group and you can choose your loot system, default is need before greed with standard rolls then.
    Not everybody has access to 4 people willing to run dungeons anytime they want. I'm willing to bet 90%+ of all 5mans are done via the LFD system without a full group. They should let us vote as to which system to use, at the very least, in a random PUG group.

In a system where I get matched with people that A) may not speak my language or B) don't know what gear is good for them...I'm 100% behind this method.

When I build a group myself with friends...we make it NBG as some people may want transmog or offspec instead of dusting.

In closing, you are wrong and the new system is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    If gear actually drops.

With the % chance being so low, there's a pretty good probability you will kill a boss and it will drop nothing. Nobody in the group gets anything at all, and that feels like a huge waste of time. Why kill the bosses when they drop nothing so often? Last few dungeons I did, we averaged about 1-2 drops per dungeon. Wow, so exciting much loot wow.

Unlike LFR, we don't even get failbags. Kill a boss, get 30 silver. Wow.

At least before, you had the chance of a greed roll if nobody needed the item and you had a chance to get 10g. That's far better than 30 silver.
    That just means they need to use a different personal drop rate in dungeons to keep the average loot the same as currently. The system itself is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.