Thread: Thok bugged?

Thok bugged?

I've been in a lfr and it seems thok is gaining energy super fast. Has anyone else noticed this?
    This results in interrupts every 1 second which makes it impossible to do anything but instant spells.

It's always been like that. Every time it uses Deafening Screech, it gains a buff that increases how fast it gains energy until it enters p2, when he starts chasing players trying to eat them like cupcakes.

Deleted
    I only noticed he dies super fast now on other difficulties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pa1kia View Post
    It's always been like that. Every time it uses Deafening Screech, it gains a buff that increases how fast it gains energy until it enters p2, when he starts chasing players trying to eat them like cupcakes.
    You miss the part that he has been in LFR There thok dont have energy increase rate and enters in phase by timer.Problably boss is bugged
    The question here is do he even do damage with this ability in LFR his damage is nerfed by half in HC/Mythic compared to prepatch
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2014-10-25 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    You miss the part that he has been in LFR There thok dont have energy increase rate and enters in phase by timer.Problably boss is bugged
    The question here is do he even do damage with this ability in LFR his damage is nerfed by half in HC/Mythic compared to prepatch
    It seems like a lot of Flex/Norm behaviors got inadvertently copied over to LFR. The super fast screeching is not something that should be happening in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janus996 View Post
    Yeah I just kilt him on Norm midway through his ice phase.

It is kind of weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    It seems like a lot of Flex/Norm behaviors got inadvertently copied over to LFR. The super fast screeching is not something that should be happening in LFR.
    I thought the LFR differences is players have no control over when Thok transitions. I was under the impression his stacking energy buff was there in all difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus996 View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda sad.

Thought for sure this thread was going to about the meatspins haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Nope. He doesn't phase by timer in LFR. He phases to the running around phase at 80%, 55% and 30% if I remember correctly. This is all stated in the dungeon journal. It's also why you shouldn't use heroism / bloodlust at the start of the fight for the LFR version because all it will do is make the easiest part of the fight (phase 1) shorter and will have no impact on the bosses HP going into the final phase with all the fire which you generally want to be as fast as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I thought the LFR differences is players have no control over when Thok transitions.
    Correct. Thokk phases when his health reaches certain fixed percentages. He phases to the 1st running around phase at 80% no matter how much dps you do and no matter how good your healers are at keeping the raids hp topped.