Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    It took alot of the excitement of getting loot out of the equation and AddOns made it just a horrible gold sink.
    I sometimes left new gear in my bag until I had run all the raids I was going to that week as I got tired of optimising my character only to have another item drop that meant I had to do it again.... So I just left them in my bag and then when I was done for the week I would equip them all and then get them gemmed/enchanted/reforged. That DOES seem a waste of gear for that week - but I wasn't going to pay upwards of 500g a week just to gem/enchant/reforge my gear.

Deleted
    My gear used to be decent.
    Almost 0 of it was ever actual BiS for the spec, but it was always decent.
    Now it's pure crap and only the fact T16 got nerfed through the floor keeps my toons viable.

It became a habit to see a stat and think: "Yeah I'm gonna reforge X to Y"

But like many people said, it's quite nice to be able to equip gear straight away without having to worry about the reforging

Quote Originally Posted by Glaejun View Post
    I miss it. I really liked trying out various haste, crit, mastery or spirit builds for my resto shaman. I liked figuring out for myself (instead of blindly following a guide or addon) which of these builds would work best for me, and more importantly, which build was more fun to play.

But yeah, if all you did was use a tool to reforge your gear you probably won't miss it.
    good players miss it, bad players don't.

Bad players don't even realize that all of these tools that they blindly used to have tell them what they needed to do were made by theorycrafting in the first place, which isn't always correct and didn't account for in game fight mechanics or game play preferences. Reforging would be especially useful now, with haste breakpoints and hit/exp cap gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    nah, getting a new item was like: "ok, got this but now I have to do this other thing for it to be of some use to me."

Deleted
    Dont miss it at all.. You can still min/max with gems and enchants.

I don't miss reforging or item upgrades one bit. I'd also get rid of enchantments or make them temporary. And slots, I hate slots.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss it, it got expensive having to constantly undo and redo my reforgeings every time I got a new piece of gear just to make sure it was properly min maxed.

Deleted
    Absolutely. It doesn't feel right not being able to reforge stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Now it's pure crap and only the fact T16 got nerfed through the floor keeps my toons viable.
    This is the type of babble that makes gamers hard to be taken seriously.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I don't miss reforging or item upgrades one bit. I'd also get rid of enchantments or make them temporary. And slots, I hate slots.
    Item upgrades are still in the game, Slots, I assume you mean gem slots? they are not gone but considerably more rare to get on items in WoD.

I'm happy it's gone because it encourages Blizzard to ensure that stats are close to equal for all classes and that the gear that's available is suitable for everyone, which helps reduce wasted gear and keeps shitty gear from existing.

I do miss the element of tweaking to min/max a character and allow them to perform beyond what their gear should allow, but I think the removal of reforging is a good thing for the game overall. For as many times as I had fun fiddling with my stats, I had just as many, if not more, instances of getting annoyed that I'd have to rework my hit/exp caps when a new piece of gear dropped rather than just being able to throw it on then and there.

I also think the playerbase at large suffered for the existence of reforging. It was just an arbitrary hoop that existed for people to jump through that inflated gear discrepancies and punished those who didn't feel like using google to tell them if their new gear was an upgrade or not.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    good players miss it, bad players don't.

Bad players don't even realize that all of these tools that they blindly used to have tell them what they needed to do were made by theorycrafting in the first place, which isn't always correct and didn't account for in game fight mechanics or game play preferences. Reforging would be especially useful now, with haste breakpoints and hit/exp cap gone.
    It's mindsets like this that make me glad it's gone honestly. People thinking they are better than other players simply because they didn't "follow the herd." Sure, stat priorities and breakpoints weren't always correct because each fight was slightly different and raid compositions were different but the whole point of AskMrRobot or ReforgeLite was to give players, both new and experienced, a starting point that was discovered through relatively thorough theorycrafting. However, thinking that you're a "good" player because you've tweaked them slightly and thinking that someone else is a "bad" player because they haven't is a fucking joke.
    Last edited by Disconnected; 2014-10-22 at 03:38 PM.

Not in the least bit. But then I never have paid much attention to min maxing. I usually just do things the way I want to and it works. Reforging was just another gear gold sink like gems and enchants. I would be happy if all of those things disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    This is absolutely absurd and it's why nobody listens to randoms on the forums. Don't exaggerate so much.
    Beta Club Brosquad

hell fucking no, it's gold sink mon!

As long as there are people who complain about spending 50g on a gem... they will hate reforging.

I LOVED it... and I do miss it. But hey.. now we got this awesome RNG loot aspect to make it missed even MORE.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Reforging would be especially useful now, with haste breakpoints and hit/exp cap gone.
    It would be no more or less useful than it was before as it's primary goal is effective regardless of what stats are in place. If there is an optimal weight, that's what reforging seeks to accomplish.
    BAD WOLF