Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shooter at large in Ottawa Government complex

Just broke so details are sketchy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...ing/ar-BBaBLKK

EDIT: Saw existing post down at bottom of page, disregard.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Maybe this and the incident yesterday are related? Copycat?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Been watching it on the news for the past couple of hours, looks like it might be related to the incident two days ago. Hope nobody got hurt at Parliament, other than the shooters.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    The man stopped a black car at gunpoint and hijacked it, construction worker Scott Walsh told Reuters. The driver got out safely, then the man drove the car to the Centre Block on Parliament Hill, where construction work is underway.

The suspected gunman rushed past a woman with a child in a stroller, who ran away screaming. He did not attack the woman or child, Walsh said.
    Shooter's still a piece of shit, obviously, but at least he's not a coward going after civilians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Been watching it on the news for the past couple of hours, looks like it might be related to the incident two days ago. Hope nobody got hurt at Parliament, other than the shooters.
    A few guards and a soldier have been shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me a bit to figure out where Orrawa was.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd shooting at the Rideau centre mall
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

uOttawa student here. Still on lockdown, but the army is now here. I'm inside but I can hear helicopters and see SWAT & army trucks. Security officers say suspect(s) still at large.

Edit1: Several people admitted at Civic hospital with gun shot wounds. Snipers are up on buildings & they are evacuating Parliament Hill as we speak.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2014-10-22 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly the soldier has died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah CNN has confirmed that the soldier died.

Sad shit. The only thing that really concerns me is, if this was the work of Islamic terrorists, that this event will give others the idea or motivation to do the same here in the states or other allied countries.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Yeah CNN has confirmed that the soldier died.

Sad shit. The only thing that really concerns me is, if this was the work of Islamic terrorists, that this event will give others the idea or motivation to do the same here in the states or other allied countries.
    Not to minimize the hurt, anger, frustration, etc. that Canadians may feel about this, but the attack resulted in 1 dead soldier and 1 dead terrorist. That sucks, but it's a day in the life of a large country in terms of casualties as a result of criminal activity. What I'm afraid of is that people will use the fear generated by this event to push for more strict authoritarian measures within Canada and at the border. I'm not Canadian and I rarely visit, so it won't affect me much, but it would make me sad to see a whole country change based on an even that was handled as well as could be expected by the Canadian authorities.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Shit that master of arms guy who slotted him looks like a badass. I wouldn't fuck with him.
    This guy was homegrown and a recent convert from what i've read so far.
    ISIS related account posted a pic of him with a double barrel shotgun. but its still unconfirmed as of yet.
    Fuck posting the guys name who did this shit, the only important name here is Nathan Cirillo the victim of this retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Not to minimize the hurt, anger, frustration, etc. that Canadians may feel about this, but the attack resulted in 1 dead soldier and 1 dead terrorist. That sucks, but it's a day in the life of a large country in terms of casualties as a result of criminal activity. What I'm afraid of is that people will use the fear generated by this event to push for more strict authoritarian measures within Canada and at the border. I'm not Canadian and I rarely visit, so it won't affect me much, but it would make me sad to see a whole country change based on an even that was handled as well as could be expected by the Canadian authorities.
    I dunno if you have to worry about that, I was watching a live news feed earlier and they were saying that some of the news reports in the States were calling this "Canada's 9/11" and everyone discussing this was pretty quick to deny this and say they are not alike at all and not to treat them as such. It also sounds like they were pretty prepared and on alert anyway and shut it down quick, so I can't see anything radically changing.
    Last edited by Izalla; 2014-10-22 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I thought countries with gun laws that are very restrictive never have mass shootings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But I thought countries with gun laws that are very restrictive never have mass shootings
    And on behalf of everyone else in the States, I apologize for this outburst.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2014-10-22 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One person is a mass shooting?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 'cause having access to more than a shotgun couldn't have made this situation worse at all. Nope, no sir.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why nobody likes Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    More like "This is why no one likes Orlong, and most posters simply ignore him."
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Benefit of being American is you don't have to give a shit what anyone else things. Kiss the rings.

Having said that, the passing of the soldier involved is a sad thing. Dying in your own country during a peace time is awful. That Sergeant-at-Arms was incredible, however.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?