10+ Year Old Account

Question Best race for Alliance?

I have looked - but I am not able to find the answer, so I apologize in advance if this was answered. With the new patch and hotfixes - what is the best Alliance race for hunters now? I have read that the difference is only about 1% but I would still like to know! Thanks for any help

Deleted
    panda at least at lvl 90, but as you said the difference is minimal

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks I thought I remembered reading that is was either Panda or Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon View Post
    Draenei racial at level 90: 17 Agility
    Panda racial at level 90: 34 Agility (assuming we use Sea Mist Rice Noodles)

Draenei racial at level 100: 65 Agility
    Panda racial at level 100: 85 Critical Strike (assuming we use Blackrock Barbecue food buff).

Currently, at level 100 draenei racial is superior. Obviously subject to change, depending on both stat weights, and food buff we end up using. Just showing that the racials change by a large margin with level.

Below is a full list of all damage role relevant racials in no particular order, just for easy access putting it here:

Alliance:
    Dwarf +2% crit damage. We will likely have 25-30% crit in first week raid gear, so 0.5-0.6% flat damage increasing with gear
    Panda doubled food buff, +85 to whatever secondary you want
    Worgen 1% additional crit, 110 rating & darkflight
    Human +100 Vers (+0.77% damage) + human trinket
    Night Elf +1% Crit in day (110 rating)/1% Haste at night (100 rating) (not sure how it actually works?)
    Gnome 1% haste (100 rating) - obviously CANNOT BE A GNOME HUNTER

Neutral:
    Pandaren +85 to any secondary of your choice

Horde:
    Troll Berserking +15% haste for 10sec, 3min CD (Averages out to 0.833% haste or 83 rating)
    Blood Elf Arcane Acuity +1% crit (110 rating) & Arcane Torrent 15 on-demand focus once every 2min
    Tauren +2% Crit Dmg (same as dwarf), +base stamina +warstomp
    Orc Blood fury - on use 345AP for 15sec 2min CD - Averages out to 43AP (agi is 1:1 AP and no crit now. 43AP is pretty much 42-43Agi)
    Goblin 1% haste (100 rating) + rocket jump
    Undead Touch of the Grave - does damage that scales with level, unsure if it scales with AP or anything.

And finally, some stat conversions for anyone who cares @100:

1% Crit = 110 rating
    1% Haste = 100 rating
    1% Multistrike = 66 rating (1% of sheet multi is 0.6%~ damage, making this equal to crit per point [superior to crit til a certain % because of base crit)
    1% Versatility = 130 rating (+1% dmg & -0.5% dmg taken)

1 "Mastery Point"= 110 rating

one "Mastery Point" gives the following to each spec:

SV: +1% magic damage
    MM: +1% dmg/range/critdmg
    BM: +2% pet dmg
    From FAQ thread
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2014-10-22 at 06:23 PM.

GNOMES. If only freaking Blizzard could stop this nonsense of forbidding them to be hunters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon View Post
    From FAQ thread
    you are my hero - this was exactly was I was looking for! I remember seeing it yesterday, but for the life of me - I couldn't find it again!

Deleted
    Pretty sure that - annoyingly - it's still human for PVP. (Although stoneform may be worth a look now, can anyone confirm?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty excited about not being a wolf anymore. I have wanted to go back to Draenei for a while now

The way I see it is the following:

-Draenei/Worgen likely best options first tier due to flat stat increases (65 agi or 110 crit), becoming relatively weaker later on

-Dwarf close behind in the first tier, but passing the other two significantly in later patches (ex: @30% crit chance dwarf racial is 0.6% dps, at 60% crit chance dwarf racial is 1.2% dps - on top of the fact that your dps will have risen as well, making the gain larger)

-Panda only best if better food buffs are added, or if a particular non-crit stat (ex: multistrike) somehow rises to an absurd stat weight

The only time panda could be better than worgen is if you have particularly low multistrike on your gear, explained below in a giant, unorganized wall of text:

Before reading, understand this: if you have 0% crit chance and 0% multistrike chance, they both scale exactly the same point per point.

66 multistrike rating =1% multistrike.
    1% multistrike = 0.6% damage
    110 crit rating = 1% crit =1% damage
    110 multi rating = 1.667% multi = 1% damage
    110 crit = 1% dmg = 110 multistrike

Even if you have zero crit and multi rating, you have 20% raid buffed crit chance (17% after suppression) from being an agi class, and 5% raid buffed multi chance. Until you reach 28.33% buffed multistrike chance (equivalent to 17% additional damage from multistrikes), critical strike rating cannot be better than multistrike, not including factors such as dwarf racial or "on crit/multi" class mechanics. This number (changed by a large number of factors) is 1540 multistrike rating when you have 0 crit rating at level 100. If you have very low multistrike, panda will be better than worgen in all situations at level 100. Math for specific situations regarding crit vs multi can be done with extra factors included if needed. All of the following are factors:

-Target level (-3% crit vs boss mobs due to crit suppression)
    -Critical damage multipliers (marksman mastery, Dwarf and Tauren racials)
    -Attunement to either crit or multistrike
    -Temporary crit or multistrike buffs should be changed to average rating (trinkets) and added to your stats
    -Final average crit%
    -Final average multi%

Due to all of these factors, I cannot simply say "panda is better/worse than X." If provided with specifics mentioned above, I can calculate which is better. But worgen>panda for any crit-stacking spec. This is simply a comparison between the two races, and does not suggest anything such as "worgen is best," it means exactly what is written in bold text.

(Can anyone confirm versatility works on pets? Excluded human from post due to myself not testing it)
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2014-10-22 at 08:47 PM.

I find it weird that the quoted post highlights the human "trinket" racial but ignores other potentially hugely helpful raid racials. Namely, Dwarf Stoneform which now reads as follows:

Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8 sec.
    Being able to cleanse yourself is potentially huge.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still love my NElf Hunter. Shadowmeld with a cat to defend a flag in PvP is huge and Shadowmeld to drop target from your attacker. Surprise, like with rogues can sometimes win a 1v1 a lot of the times.