Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW's Greatest Moments

Every now and again while we go around questing or raiding, we come across these epic story events unfolding around us.

My favorite has to be the battle for Light's Hope Chapel.

The final battle between the Scourge and the Argent Dawn. Thousands of ghouls and zombies and flesh behemoths charging under a rain of blood. Darion Mograine reuniting with his father, Alexandros. The return of the legendary Ashbringer. So many awesome moments.

So... what're your favorite events?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathgate was pretty nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Nagrand ending in WoD.

Ulduar, personally my favorite raid still to this day. Pretty much love anything involving the Titans.

the best moment in wow is when you step through the dark portal for the first time when Burning Crusade was current content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathgate is still high on my list.

Would say the opening of the portal for TBC but it was hell on earth on an RPpvp server.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time I entered Outland. It really did feel like another world.

Then the first night of Cataclysm when I quested through Vashj'ir. It still is the most beautiful zone in the game.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    the best moment in wow is when you step through the dark portal for the first time when Burning Crusade was current content.
    This. By a mile. BC was huge step up from vanilla in so many ways. Raiding was really hard to get into(as getting 40 people together was in and of itself a royal pain in the ass) and vanilla end game otherwise was pretty anti-climatic(killing bugs and undead). So such a huge change of environment, the excitement of the build up to opening of the portal, and the chance to fight some truly epic enemies. Stepping through that portal seeing that massive demon for the first time totally epic.

It isn't that the game didn't continue to get better, it is simply that our expectations started increasing more and more it took more and more to awe us. As a result nothing has come to close to matching the excitement of stepping through the portal for the first time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vydrax View Post
    Ulduar, personally my favorite raid still to this day. Pretty much love anything involving the Titans.
    Getting into Ulduar was also probably my favorite WoW moment, at the time I was playing in a guild with only irl friends and I've pretty much never had as much fun in WoW than I had with that guild in Ulduar.

Ahn'Qiraj event was pretty cool too even though it was mostly chaos. So much nostalgia.

Most fun I've had in WoW was wall walking back in vanilla. Getting into areas that were locked of, Hyjal, Caverns of Time, under SW, under Kara, under Deadmines and other unfinished areas. Always thought I'd be caught and banned but it never happened.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Deleted
    First time prostituting myself in the deeprun tram. None of the many other times since have given the same thrill.

AQ opening.

As far as I know, there has not been any story events since that where you needed to socialize with the other players to know when it would go down. For obvious reasons, but it was still epic back then because of that.

Deleted
    I kinda liked the Dragon Soul, so the Deathwing encounters were pretty fun and stucked in my mind.

Deleted
    Wrath starter event. It expanded over weeks and it was brilliant.

seeing rain first time in Ashenvale

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Wrath starter event. It expanded over weeks and it was brilliant.
    I loved that event, taking my Paladin to the cave in the human starter area and wiping out the zombie armies that all the noobs were trying to raise. The amount of qq'ing and abusive whispers that I got was a total giggle.

I remember one irate guy yelling a stream of expletives at me, to which I replied "No need to thank me citizen, slaying the undead is all in a days work for a Paladin. Have a nice day".

Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    Yeah, I felt that way about both Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

Burning Crusade - stepping through the portal for the first time and seeing Hellfire Peninsula.

Wrath - Getting off the boat to Howling Fjord for the first time with game music/ambient sounds on. I quested in Howling Fjord first and am glad I went that route. Everything about that zone was perfect.

Two gaming moments I won't forget.

In terms of in-game events:

- The first Scourge invasion, where Naxx would randomly float above certain areas and "attack" them, and you could get stuff like Battlegear of Undead Slaying.
    - Burning Crusade's pre-launch event where you were battling for the Dark Portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Battle for Undercity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening up the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj as a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    When my guild defeated the LK, and the cut scene played. It was a pretty epic feeling