Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What if the next expansion is also set in Dreanor?

Think about it. There is a southern continent thats completly without any lore behind it and I heard somewhere that there will be more dreanor exploration.
    So lets say it would actually happen. What do you think would we see or how do even feel about another dreanor expansion?

ma opinion
    Last edited by mmoc1cdad14cd2; 2014-10-25 at 08:36 AM.

Depends on what story avenue they take, I don't think what planet it takes place on is super important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I mean the expansion concludes at Tanaan Jungle, so it goes like this: We get in at Tanaan Jungle at the start of expansion > make portal go boom > do stuff in Draenor > get bored and get back to Tanaan Jungle next patch and finally get out through the makeshift portal while the alternate Draenor asploades or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Depends on what story avenue they take, I don't think what planet it takes place on is super important.
    what do you mean?

I think it's possible. I don't know how likely it is.

I think it becomes more likely if Warlords is a shorter-duration expansion- that "might only have time for 2 raid tiers" they were talking about.

We may not be getting Farahlon in this expansion (they said this at some point), so that's a possible content hub for a future Draenor expansion, as well as the Ogre continent to the south.

Here's a very rough, very brief look at what a second Draenor expansion could possibly be:

Though we defeat the Iron Horde, we do not defeat the demons that were responsible for influencing Grommash in the final raid. The demons regroup on the southern Ogre continent, and we bring the fight to them.

Possible raids:
    Ogre raid with demonic corruption (as much of a spin on Highmaul as the Grommash raid will be on SoO)
    Corrupted Draenei raid (Would be nice to have an Alliance race as the focus of a raid dungeon) (Could be in Farahlon)
    Major Demonic stronghold/bastion raid, to drive them out of Draenor

Possible features:
    "Hero" races- Arakkoa for Alliance and Ogres for Horde, starting at level 90 with their own non-Tanaan Jungle starting zones that would function with the level 90 boost technology. Limited to 1 per server, requires an existing level 90 character.

Deleted
    As mentioned, if they do stick to shorter expansion, then yeah could be more than possible.
    What planet I'm on doesn't bother me as long as it's new content with a good story.
    Though I feel more likely we will be finally dealing with queen azshara, as she's had far too much time since her brief cata appearance.
    (The auberdine quest chain,,not the caverns of time dung)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I think it's possible. I don't know how likely it is.

I think it becomes more likely if Warlords is a shorter-duration expansion- that "might only have time for 2 raid tiers" they were talking about.

We may not be getting Farahlon in this expansion (they said this at some point), so that's a possible content hub for a future Draenor expansion, as well as the Ogre continent to the south.

Here's a very rough, very brief look at what a second Draenor expansion could possibly be:

Though we defeat the Iron Horde, we do not defeat the demons that were responsible for influencing Grommash in the final raid. The demons regroup on the southern Ogre continent, and we bring the fight to them.

Possible raids:
    Ogre raid with demonic corruption (as much of a spin on Highmaul as the Grommash raid will be on SoO)
    Corrupted Draenei raid (Would be nice to have an Alliance race as the focus of a raid dungeon) (Could be in Farahlon)
    Major Demonic stronghold/bastion raid, to drive them out of Draenor

Possible features:
    "Hero" races- Arakkoa for Alliance and Ogres for Horde, starting at level 90 with their own non-Tanaan Jungle starting zones that would function with the level 90 boost technology. Limited to 1 per server, requires an existing level 90 character.
    I had a similar idea. Think of the demons choosing to let the ogres drink their blood instead of orc. They would totally have a reason to do so (the ogres) because at
    that time most of their empire will be fallen.
    About the races, I dont think it will happen, although I would like it to happen, simply because its still a time thingy, meaning that there would be an azeroth timeline equivalent to your charakter which is.. weird?
    Maybe we will find the southern continent in our timeline in outland.

Deleted
    Its possible, how big is dreanor in the lore? does it actually have any more sizable land mass?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible with how much they've teased the Ogre Continent by putting it on the map of Draenor!

However they also said that they'd use Draenor sparingly.

So your guess is as good as mine. Here's hoping we don't find out the answer in a few weeks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Its possible, how big is dreanor in the lore? does it actually have any more sizable land mass?
    Lore says that after Dreanor was ripped apart the only thing known to have survived it is outland, which means that there could be endless more continents and isles on dreanor. Other than that there is certainly a southern continent inhabited by ogres

Hope not. I want a Sargeras/Burning Legion expansion. Or Ysera/Emerald Dream.

What will they call it after we inevitably dominate and take over?, Raid Finders of Draenor?

Quote Originally Posted by Enschee View Post
    what do you mean?
    Just saying I would not necessarily mind another xpac on dreanor, but dreanor is gone so it would mean more time travel shenanigans which are a bit of a slippery slope to making everything meaningless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Just saying I would not necessarily mind another xpac on dreanor, but dreanor is gone so it would mean more time travel shenanigans which are a bit of a slippery slope to making everything meaningless.
    well dreanor is not gone, why would it

Deleted
    Didnt they say that this expansion would be quite short? It could be possible

It'd be rather interesting to explore Draenor further than we ever have before. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Though ideally it'd boast more depth than being primarily about the orc/human conflict.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will just continue to fill in the world of Draenor with new continents and expansions till they run out of stuff, just like Azeroth.

Then they will send us to Argus, Xoroth, or something and start the cycle anew.

I think it's more likely a pre planned spot for a mid expansion timeless isle

I think the only area left to explore would be Farahlon which will be somewhat similar to the timeless Isle. I could see them going back to Azeroth to deal with Queen Azshara having left Azeroth unchecked, this could be N'Zoth playing his final puppet in his master scheme and culminating in a raid to take him down.

This would be similar to what we went through with the transition from Wrath to Cata. Just my Opinion though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quicknthedead View Post
    I think the only area left to explore would be Farahlon which will be somewhat similar to the timeless Isle. I could see them going back to Azeroth to deal with Queen Azshara having left Azeroth unchecked, this could be N'Zoth playing his final puppet in his master scheme and culminating in a raid to take him down.

This would be similar to what we went through with the transition from Wrath to Cata. Just my Opinion though
    I like the idea...since most of the forces of the Horde and the Alliance will be in Draenor...N'Zoth will have a ton of avenue to start doing a bunch of nasty business in Azeroth.