What do you miss the most?

Honestly, my toolbar is now so empty it hurts. My Frost rotation is so simplistic it is boring, and I can't stay in Fire Spec to solo places like Tempest Keep, as Arcane Explosion is no longer there for easy trash kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowserkills7 View Post
    Honestly, my toolbar is now so empty it hurts. My Frost rotation is so simplistic it is boring, and I can't stay in Fire Spec to solo places like Tempest Keep, as Arcane Explosion is no longer there for easy trash kills.

At first I was taken back, but honestly? It's nice not having 40 keybinds anymore. Fire AoE is sensational, it just takes an extra cast or two now to set up. I agree that losing arcane explosion seemed like overkill though. Would have been nice to see it stay in all specs with increased damage and range for Arcane.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    Spamming AE while jumping around as a fire mage.

Deleted
    Evocation glyph's heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Detect Magic....... Seriously the only thing I hated was that it was hardly viable for anything, especially now you can see all the buffs and debuffs now!

I also miss Dampen Magic/Amplify Magic... It was one of those Ying and Jang type buffs, that had interesting possibilities
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Depends on how you define miss... I still find myself trying to Invocate on countdown pulls but I certainly am glad I don't have too

LB would be my biggest. I just love the insta cast no facing requirement.

Miss AE, for whatever reason I liked spamming that spell on trash.

On the flip side I am loving Ice Nova, replaced the loss of LB very nicely (insta cast and no facing requirement).

As to button to mash, talent trees give you the choice to add buttons to mash, or you can go completely passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I miss Detect Magic....... Seriously the only thing I hated was that it was hardly viable for anything, especially now you can see all the buffs and debuffs now!

I also miss Dampen Magic/Amplify Magic... It was one of those Ying and Jang type buffs, that had interesting possibilities
    Well amplify magic is back in the game so lucky you!

I absolutely hated the garbage gameplay mages had in mop and I seriously cannot understand how people can QQ about mage gameplay in wod ; because in my opinion the mop style mage was so bad that nothing can even compare to it. Invocation and rune of power were horrible and every spec having every ability.. casting deep freeze, frost nova,blizzard and then frost bomb as a fire mage took away the fire mage feeling from my gameplay.

In wod the problem would be having very few abilities to actually use, my action bar looks a little empty. But I still feel like seperating the bomb talents, the nova talents and the aoe spells was a step in the right direction and im excited for the future of the mage class.

With the transition into Warlords of Draenor what I'll most likely miss is the silence on Counterspell. At the moment it's mostly the lack of access to the other schools' AoE when playing each spec. I don't think that Mages had all that many keybindings to worry about and access to all schools was very useful both in PvE and PvP.

Historically speaking, downranking is what I miss the most. Rank 1 Frostbolt was fun in WotLK.

Arcane explosion for fire!
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Deleted
    Self-healing. PVP is unplayable as a mage for this reason currently. If you get a few dots
    on you then your dead, whatever you do.

Close call between Arcane Explosion in non-arcane specs and evocate healing. I think I miss arcane explosion a bit more though.

Deleted
    Alter Time Combustion combo

Being able to AoE farm. Very frustrating now. Bad change imo.

Deleted
    Bombs. I miss having to choose the right dot for the right fight. And without it, the rotation is even simpler: you no more have to follow the dot uptime.

Deleted
    Arcane explosion in non-arcane specs.

Probably the most iconic mage spell there is and i miss it!

Deleted
    Bombs here, too. Living bomb because it gave so many FFB procs and something else to cast instead of frostbolt once in a while. Nether tempest because I liked those purple lines flying all over the place (and the DPS that came with it). Frost bomb used to be a little better as well, although I imagine they'll be fun again once we have access to prismatic crystal. The burst of PC+FB+IL on openers in beta was hilarious.

But I'm also happy with Ice Nova, it's a good frost bomb replacement imo. Way easier to snapshot frozen targets without a doubt. Those crits aww yisss

Edit: Actually forgot alter time. I really miss that spell hard. Certainly not going to miss PBoI though. Also temporal shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a pure arcane mage I miss too many things ... so many that I can not even be useful in any aspect of the game ... and much less being competitive...