Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    You know what occurs to me...

They've specifically said that the stuff that requires a pet simply won't work with LW. Fine, makes total sense to me, choose your talents and glyphs accordingly. However, lone wolf doesn't stop you from summoning a pet, it doesn't remove the ability to do so. So we're not actually losing all our our utility. Yeah things like spirit bond would still be useless, but we could easily write a macro to summon a pet then cast say, master's call.

Just a thought. Either way, I prefer BM so I'm not really that concerned about all this LW controversy.
    This is exactly right. You can have a pet up, but you would lose the damage buff.

I'm 99% sure I'd probably just pick the next best talent for a fight where I'd need something my pet gives. Or just play BM for that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    Or just play BM for that fight.
    Or sever my own left arm with a spork. That one sounds more fun than BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

It is in my opinion a flawed concept to give us 3 tallent choices per tier and make it so that selecting one will make the other obsolete.

Not even 1 ... selecting one makes 3 of the other tallents obsolete and even a few abilities.

Stating that this is intentional does not justify it and in my opinion the hunter's comunity should demand alternative tallents in their position for when Lone Wolf is selected or aditional functionality of those tallents when in combination with Lone Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    I would assume they would give you some other passive if that was the case. For Warlocks, if you take Grimoire of Sacrifice, but also take Soul Link (Splits damage done to you and your pet between the two of you and heals you and your pet for a certain amount of damage done) you get 20% increase to your max health. Seeing as how they do this for Warlock, I don't see them making it so you can choose one Talent and it invalidates another.
    Lone wolf doesn't work like that sadly. there are several talents which simply stop working, and some abilities too.

spirit bond, blink strikes to name 2. and master's call being the big one for me :<

I do hope they cause those abilities to have some functionality with Lone Wolf. I can almost accept Blink Strikes and Spirit Bond simply not being options (although I rather like the self healing from Spirit Bond), but losing Master's Call would really suck.

Honestly losing spirit bond makes the talent crap to me.

I'll only use it in pve if it is the CLEAR winner in that tier for dps and I will certainly never even consider using it for solo.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.