Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why is Vendetta Still not on the Rogue ?

I cannot believe Vendetta is still a debuff on a target instead of a buff to the rogue and it is still removed by invulnerabilities.

Garbage.

"and making the target visible to you even through concealments such as stealth and invisibility."

And how is that supposed to work?
    Nerfs actually make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by chrisorie4 View Post
    "and making the target visible to you even through concealments such as stealth and invisibility."

Increases your damage by 30% and makes your current target visible to you even through blah blah blah.

I don't know, I'm sure they can come up with some word magic to make it clear. It would be nice if the damage buff stayed with us but I don't lose sleep over it either.

Deleted
    Because it's iconic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Backstab still have positional requirements?
    Why are Combo Points not on the Rogue?
    Why was Disarm Traps removed?
    Why are 80% of our talents useless?
    Why does the multistrike mechanic not work in AoE? Or soloplay?
    Why are we the only class with weapon restrictions?
    Why keep Vendetta and lose Shadow Blades?

Yay Rogue.

Agree that Vendetta has little use when targets die fast because it's bound to the target. I'd say the main issue with Vendetta is how boring it is. I'd rather have something else that's actually noticeable when you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisorie4 View Post

Just make it see through all invis/stealth for the duration.

Make it give you a buff with "You see character xxx no matter what"
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Why not : Mark your current target and gain vision of them for 30 seconds. After using this ability you gain 30% dmg buff.

P.S. It's as "iconic" as hunger for blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post

Yay Rogue.
    Combo points are on the rogue you silly goose

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Combo points are on the rogue you silly goose
    No, they are actually on the target, but they change as you change, but if you don't have a target you can't see how many combo points you have.

So while it is more convinient than what we had before, it is still far from what Monks and Paladins have.

I'm actually fine with this. Vendetta is supposed to be a tunnel cooldown.

I'll tell you what I would like, is vendetta to be like half duration, half cooldown, and with two charges.

The assassin gaining a benefit on his studied target only is an iconic concept going back in games to first edition D&D, and it's been redone over the years in many medium. I think conceptually vendetta is fine, but it would be nice to make it a little more forgiving.

if the buff was on you it would buff your aoe which isnt the point of vendetta?

and theres another talent for fights where a lot of adds die quickly...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I'm actually fine with this. Vendetta is supposed to be a tunnel cooldown.

I'll tell you what I would like, is vendetta to be like half duration, half cooldown, and with two charges.

The assassin gaining a benefit on his studied target only is an iconic concept going back in games to first edition D&D, and it's been redone over the years in many medium. I think conceptually vendetta is fine, but it would be nice to make it a little more forgiving.
    Pretty much this. With Glyph of Vendetta being mandatory, having a target-bound cooldown that lasts for 30 seconds is overkill (not the old talent, may it rest in peace).

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxarth View Post
    Because it's iconic.
    Iconic , the ability was made up in cataclysm whats iconic is mutilate, cold blood, overkill and thats it and 2 of those were removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Mutilate should of got a buffed version of blades (2 minute cd down from 3) and remove vendetta.

the sight through invisibility doesn't work on another rogue vanishing. It gets removed by Ice block and the paladin bubble for being a debuff.

Its on the Global Cooldown lol how much worse could it be?

Killing spree there is a fun cool down not vendetta.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-10-23 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Because Celestalon.
    Because Celestalon.
    Because Celestalon, and massive QQ on hunter forums. Don't worry, they are still freekills
    Because other than other classes, we already have three different melee specs to tailor ourselves to the fight.
    ?
    Flipside of this, we are also the only class, which has exclusive rights to certain weapon drops so I am actually okay with this.
    Because Celestalon. Another good question would be: Why is Vendetta the ONLY dps CD ingame, that is still on the GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Because Celestalon.

Because Celestalon.

Because Celestalon, and massive QQ on hunter forums. Don't worry, they are still freekills

Because other than other classes, we already have three different melee specs to tailor ourselves to the fight.

?

Flipside of this, we are also the only class, which has exclusive rights to certain weapon drops so I am actually okay with this.

Because Celestalon. Another good question would be: Why is Vendetta the ONLY dps CD ingame, that is still on the GCD?
    would read again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Because Celestalon.

Because Celestalon.

?

Of Sub. Sinister Calling advancing bleeds does nothing for AoE (no Crimson Tempest) or soloplay (not proccing from Hemo).

http://blamecelestalon.com/
    This seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafzor View Post
    No, they are actually on the target, but they change as you change, but if you don't have a target you can't see how many combo points you have.

So while it is more convinient than what we had before, it is still far from what Monks and Paladins have.
    Uhhhhh, I think we should probably try and put a value on "far from", because we definitely have different versions. You can still use the "invisible" combo points to refresh SnD/Recup. There's zero lag time when switching targets or even just using mouseover abilities. Monks could (not sure if they still can) generate a few from some healing ability and Paladins I thought could only gain them as Holy when putting Beacon on themselves and using a heal.

Our ability to refresh a crucial DPS and setup buff like SnD is definitely superior to having to wait until you can Rising Sun Kick a target to get the damage bonus or Tiger Punch for whatever that buff is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing SnD to RSK is like comparing a Volkswagen to a Yamaha. A Yamaha piano.
    Our combo points disappear. Theirs dont.
    A better example would be Inquisition for Rets. But that got removed because maintenance buffs are boring. Oh well..