Thread: Warlords Race

Warlords Race

Hey guys since the race balance and no longer having a #1 race for all specs i was wondering what will you choose ? Personally i think i'll try belf since they are #1 for arcane/fire and decent place in frost . All in all tho tbh i just cant stand trolls

Here are the current ranking for races :

http://imgur.com/uQCOQVw

PS: cant seem to be able to put the picture here (silly me) so here is the link

Prolly gonna swap to draenei for the heal.

Got a Troll on horde side and Dwarf on alliance, so doubt I will race change even if I manage to find a raiding guild before WoD raiding starts(probably wont happen ).

Though Trolls are a bit meh for Arcane, but the differences are so much smaller than ever before, that I kinda don't care about race anymore. It will never be anything like Trolls were for Fire during this expansion.

My mage is already a BElf and honestly looks the best to me aesthetically in armor so I'll probably just leave her a BElf. Plus the enchanting bonus is nice.

I'd have loved for Blizzard to compensate the heavy nerf of Will of the Forsaken in PvP with some PvE buffs.
    There's currently absolutely no reason to play Undead outside of the aesthetic/lore preference.

Alas, said aesthetic and lore preferences triumph. Ipsissimus stays Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human, easily. I don't PVP much, but if/when I do, the free trinket is nice and it occasionally comes in handy during PVE as well (especially on an encounter where I have the double blink glyph and can't use that to get out of a stun). But mostly because of Diplomacy, which is by far more useful (particularly at the start of an expansion) than the tiny dps gains of another race. The dps differences are 100-300 out of 36-39k between human and the top race of each spec. That's not at all worth the time saved with the rep gains.

Differences are so minuscule I don't think it warrants race changing, unless you are in a top end guild chasing world first kills, but that's just my opinion.

So mad they didn't give the 25% off sale treatment to Race Changes. Totes would swap to NElf or Draenei!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Go gnome or go home.

In previous expansions I played the race which was most usefull, this I played gnome. For WoD I was prepared to change but difference is very small and gnome seem to be a good choice. As I see it it's not set in stone yet. Requires very small changes for one spec to be best. Today dwarf fire mage sim highest but "tomorrow" it might be gnome arcane mage or troll frost mage, pr maybe something totally different. I'm pretty sure I'll stay gnome unless something change drasticly.

omg i just realised that the 25% doesnt apply to race change :sad:
    I was about go to be a beautiful (female) belf ... damh u blizzard!

I've always been a blood elf, since I've always enjoyed the "elven wizard" archetype. Since I'm also pretty much exclusively fire as long as it is viable, that works perfectly for me.

Deleted
    I'm an orc mage and will remain so. Seriously, we need more orcs in this game.

I was a Panda during MoP, but since there is Race Bal - i went back to Human Female. I personally think Gnome wont be the top race to play for arcane at all, but that's my Op.
    Last edited by tatriK; 2014-10-23 at 06:21 PM.

Looking at things from a PVE standpoint, the DPS performances are so close that they're not really worth considering. Utility and defensive racials are the ones worth looking at at this point.

Humans are very strong with EMFH (occasionally very useful for raids) and Diplomacy, the latter being very useful at the start of the expansion.

Dwarf Stoneform looks to be an excellent defensive skill for raiding, providing a self dispel to help handle pretty much all debuff categories.

Draenei look like a very good option, parsing well for all specs due to the intellect bonus and filling in a class weakness with a respectable self heal.

Worgen Darkflight is quite a nice racial for raiding, but it's not quite as useful for mages as some other classes given access to things like Blink, Blazing Speed and Scorch speed buffs.

I think the other races are all fairly similar.

From a PVP standpoint, it's still not a choice: Human and Undead, race dictated by faction.

Quote Originally Posted by tatriK View Post
    I personally think Gnome wont be the top race to play for arcane at all, but that's my Op.
    I mean, you can't exactly argue with numbers. Having 5% more mana means every time you cast your spells, your % mana pool will be slightly larger than anyone else who doesn't have that bonus, meaning your Mastery benefits more (and Mastery is by far our best stat). On top of that, Gnomes also get 1% more Haste (which also gives more mana regen!), so technically, Arcane Mages get to double-dip from the Gnome racials because Expansive Mind was never meant to be a DPS increase.

If this wasn't the case, why was Shard of Woe (from Sinestra) our Best in Slot trinket for the entire expansion of Cataclysm even after they halved its effect and we had much stronger trinkets available?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    I'd have loved for Blizzard to compensate the heavy nerf of Will of the Forsaken in PvP with some PvE buffs.
    There's currently absolutely no reason to play Undead outside of the aesthetic/lore preference.
    THIS AND THIS ONLY! I was a hardcore undead female mage for years, and now I've grown tired of having 0 benefit from my race, so I race changed to blood elf a few days back. And was worth it!