Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    BMing is more you have lethal on the board but you play whatever you can from your hand and take the whole turn to finally kill you. Spamming emotes is easily avoided by squelching.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is for this reason I wish Blizz would add an unequivocal non BM emote...perhaps 'Good Game'. I guess even that would be annoying when spammed as the fuse burns down, but too many of the emotes lend themselves to abuse. Rogues emoting 'The pleasure is mine' as they close the match...this shit gets old. I rarely emote at all anymore. I will use 'well played' as someone beats me if I had a really fun match against them, and sometimes I receive the same in similar positions. This and 'Greetings' at the start are the only instances where it is hard to mistake emotes for BM.

If someone is using BM I will occasionally respond in kind if I beat them, but usually I ignore this stuff.
    "Brevity is...wit"

I once had a Rogue finish me with her "Greetings" emote, which is "The pleasure is mine". I actually thought that was kind of cool.

Deleted
    Tbh the worst BM's is when people take ages to play on Turns 1-3.

Like... what in the fuck?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I think you will do yourself and others a favor by just not emoting your top decks. You are unfortunately in a small minority and your opponent will not be able to distinguish you from the mass of BMers. That way, you and them will all feel better
    I suppose you're right ^.^ I just never thought about it until now :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    It's hilarious watching all the streamers play in tournaments. They promote BMing hard from their comfortable home seats but in tournaments it's almost like they're trying to NOT hit the opponent for more than the exact lethal at the end and always sit there like nothing is happening when in reality they would be jumping around in their seat and screaming whatever goes on through their minds at that point. This just further proves BMing is for pussies and cowards who only do it in certain situations and are affraid of backing it up everywhere.
    It's not entirely accurate. They also want to hide their decks by playing minimum amount of cards so that opponents won't know their decks. So there is some strategy to not BMing in tournaments too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    It's not entirely accurate. They also want to hide their decks by playing minimum amount of cards so that opponents won't know their decks. So there is some strategy to not BMing in tournaments too.
    Sure I believe in not throwing your best minions at the end because you like that edge no matter how small but when they're running decks that obviously contain cards like power overwhelming or something similar and don't use them at the end it's pretty obvious where things stand.

Meta doesn't allow many big surprises so these guys maybe don't know about 3-5 cards that are in the opponent's deck. It's the age old LAN party/keyboard warrior syndrome. You would get death threats over Ventrilo because you gave a few headshots to a guy and when you finaly meet up there was noone to be seen or even talk about it.