Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Stop being silly, this kind of transaction where you sell "services" in the game HAVE to be unsupported by Blizzard, it has nothing to do with them.
    Right, but someone cheating others out of money in their game DOES involve blizzard. It's something GMs have taken action on a multitude of times, the problem is they pick and choose which case they want to help and which ones they want to tell fuck off.

Deleted
    just go with a reputable guild and there is no problems about being scammed, Just had a quick run from a guild on SM-EU with no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Means, it is permitted. But if you scam them of gold or they scam you from gold - it is on your own hands.
    To put it plainly, Blizzard is A-OK with you scamming people if you can convince them your scam is legit enough to get the money up front. After that you're out gold and the person is off scot-free unless the lazy lards at Blizzardvision feel like doing something about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean its like that rap song says, "Want my money up front when I come to the show, ya'll can play with your paper, but I'm dying for mine, so I'ma stay on the grind!"

Ok not exactly, but close. Get your gold, or at least half of it, up front and this won't happen :P
    You're a towel.

Why are people saying Gm won't care??

If you advertise in trade about selling an enchant, etc... and they fail on their end... you contact a gm and they will help you.. HOW IS THIS NOT THE SAME THING!?

You're advertising a service, it's no different than giving someone gold to craft something for you, but then runs off with your gold and mats. Same shit here.. if someone takes your gold but doesnt give you the kill.. YOU CAN AND SHOULD GET YOUR MONEY BACK

10+ Year Old Account
    Because carries are NOT something quantifiable?

- - - Updated - - -

Get your gold up front next time.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Nope, as the GM said it is "unsupported" meaning it is not against the rules to do it but Blizzard won't do anything about anyone getting cheated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    "Allowed" - yes. "Official statement" - Hell no. All the answers here, as well as the GM, should have conveyed by now that the only response you get from reporting the other party is "unsupported".
    It depends on the GM you get. I know someone who has been scammed out of a 9/9 CM run and the GM returned their gold to them and removed it from the scammer with a warning. This was back over a year ago, but I doubt the policies have changed.
    Last edited by Irian; 2014-10-23 at 12:15 AM.

I've made around 250k in the last 3 months from my guild selling mythic Garrosh carries and we always took a 25% deposit a few days in advance, and then got the rest of the money BEFORE we pulled anything. Doing anything other than that is just asking to get scammed. Never get the gold after the fact.

Deleted
    Blizzard can, and sometimes will, police stuff like this if you get scammed. They don't have to but they sometimes will out of kindness. The general rule of thumb is if you're dumb enough to fall for a scam, it's on you. I remember that debacle back when about Promotion codes being sold and 'sold' where scammers would give fake codes and run off with the gold. GM's would in most cases reimburse you for that and penalize the, most likely hacked, account behind the scam.

But the diffrence between Promotional stuff back then with codes and buying PvE runs or similar non-good services is you're expecting a service. Not getting it means you got screwed over but you never had to pay for the service in the first place. It's not even intended to be a tradeable commodity but people found a way to trade it and that's fine but it's still unsupported by the GMs which means if you get screwed over, it's your own fault. Buyer beware.

Kasperios' guide to buying services:

Step 1: Don't buy the service. You are meant to aquire it with hard work and friends.
    Step 2: If you decide to buy it afterall, find a reputable guild which you KNOW will deliver.
    Step 3: If no such option is available, see step 1.

If you STILL get scammed by the reputable guild then tough. You should've earnt it with friends or guildmates afterall, huh?

Our group has been doing this for the start of 6.0, We have 10 of our best players 2 heal 1 tank rest dps and 20 carries. We clear the trash before we start inviting people and they pay once they enter the room or they can pay just before the pull. If they don't pay we remove them. So far only one person has got angry, he paid 10k like every one in the group but was thinking he was getting a Mythic run.... in the end we just returned his gold as he did not even get a boe. I think this is a good way of making gold but at the same time I can see how there can be drummer about it. We have told been told off by any GM as of yet for doing this and I don;t see a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    I lost around 200k gold so far from ppl not paying for carry (I take gold after kill because I am legit and dont play with ppl's trust) and I am not complaining because I know its that way.
    It isn't much of a lost for you since you're doing one run, but from the other point of view, losing 200k to get a kill, achieve, etc is quite a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Palisis View Post
    It isn't much of a lost for you since you're doing one run, but from the other point of view, losing 200k to get a kill, achieve, etc is quite a big loss.
    We use a garrosh lockout everytime, the 200k gold is a total of several sales from ppl who didnt pay. I even recall a guy bringing each of his toons and not paying for a single one of em.

10+ Year Old Account
    We use a garrosh lockout everytime, the 200k gold is a total of several sales from ppl who didnt pay. I even recall a guy bringing each of his toons and not paying for a single one of em.
    And you just kept selling this guy runs, and not making him pay after each one? ROFL.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    And you just kept selling this guy runs, and not making him pay after each one? ROFL.
    I didnt know that guy was the same person every time. I just did it that way for ppl's trust but not anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt know that guy was the same person every time. I just did it that way for ppl's trust but not anymore.
    Ok, so now you know for the future: Get the money up front. Or at least half of it. There is no reason NOT to. You can always assure them "IF for any reason the run fails, we will refund your entire deposit/fee" and there you go.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Step 1: Don't buy the service. You are meant to aquire it with hard work and friends.
    Nice guide but only Step 1 is needed.

step 1: wts garrosh heroic carry 5k pst
    step 2: collect gold
    step 3: say cya nerd
    step 4: ???
    step 5: profit

ty lord blizzard for this blessing

Deleted
    it's dirty, don't touch it.

rl money into vl stuff = suxx no matter what or who (@hi blizzard and 25% sale)

I lost around 200k gold so far from ppl not paying for carry (I take gold after kill because I am legit and dont play with ppl's trust) and I am not complaining because I know its that way.
    I'd never do that (take money after kill) because you aren't boosting alone and it's irresponsible towards them. Payment is always upfront.

Anyone and their mother can sell heroic garrosh carries now, I still wouldn't trust a guild that wasn't top 5 on the server to actually follow-through.

The lesser guilds/random groups don't need to worry about getting a bad reputation on the server, because they aren't the ones who will be selling Mythic runs in Warlords of Draenor.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character