Lightbulb Idea for "Missing" DK/Monk Tier

Everyone has probably thought of or brought up the idea that Blizzard should re-create old tier for the newer classes: Deathknight and Monk. The obvious reason these sets haven't been implemented: it would take extra time and money, which the player base would overwhelmingly agree is better spent on relevant content. But why does Blizzard have to do it?

My idea is simple: hold a contest! Have people submit/collaborate on sketches, models, names, etc. of the old tier sets for Deathknights and Monks. The new sets would have to fit with the existing sets in each respective tier, and the community can help decide which submissions do just that. Since Tier 3 is essentially the same as Tier 7, there are 5 sets "missing" for Deathknights, and 12 for Monk. A total of 17 sets that the gaming community can help create.

With so much work to be done, the contest can have phases. Phase 1 can consist of name and 2D design submissions. Almost anyone can come up with a great name, and 2D designs are a lot less work than 3D designs. There can be small prizes for the top names, and bigger prizes for the top 2D designs. The 2D designs that ultimately make it to the next phase will be the inspiration for the 3D models. Those that have the skill can interpret the 2D sketches into 3D models that have a chance at ultimately existing in the game! Those responsible for the final names, models and the models' inspiration can receive appropriate grand prizes!

They could but it would cost us a raid tier.

infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-10-22 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I hope you're not suggesting that Blizzard organizing this contest would set back game development substantially.

If you aren't, I know that if Blizzard were to implement these tier sets themselves that it would cost us relevant content. That's why I came up with this idea.

The "missing" tiers don't need to be filled in. The classes didn't exist then! End of story! Just making up a backlog that for some reason needs to be filled is an exercise in silliness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    The "missing" tiers don't need to be filled in. The classes didn't exist then! End of story! Just making up a backlog that for some reason needs to be filled is an exercise in silliness.
    If the classes "didn't exist" then the respective raids should also "not exist" for those classes.

If you're talking lore, the classes obviously existed at some point in some form, but just weren't known. And you can only go so far with lore and trying to be realistic before the game feels less like a game.

Deleted

infracted
    This.

Mods. So impartial <3

infracted
    why was he infracted ?
    The devs themselves said that working on old content would be detrimental to the ongoing flow of releasing new quality content, and that was the reason why they didn't revamp more old dungeons / removed some old achievements, etc

Deleted
    He was infracted because you know, no memes.

On topic , I'd rather they didn't. There's no point. Being able to wear other classes tier tho...that's ok to me.

Because it would cost us a raid tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post

On topic , I'd rather they didn't. There's no point. Being able to wear other classes tier tho...that's ok to me.
    There are a few points. The obvious one being Monks and Deathknights get more transmog options. Another point is to gather some community involvement, and perhaps get people interested in this game who otherwise wouldn't be. This approach could be a stepping stone to better development. More minds make better ideas. And free ideas take less resources.

Quote Originally Posted by marv333 View Post
    why was he infracted ?
    The devs themselves said that working on old content would be detrimental to the ongoing flow of releasing new quality content, and that was the reason why they didn't revamp more old dungeons / removed some old achievements, etc
    The majority of the work would be done by the community. All developers would have to do is make sure the armor models fit the character models, and add them to certain loot tables/vendors/armor tokens. Chest pieces, bracers, and pants aren't even models for the most part: they are just skins. Any other work done by a Blizzard employee would be public relations. I really don't think this would set back developers at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could always maybe generalize transmog a bit more. You know, allow us to use druid/rogue leather sets instead? D:

I just hope they'll deter a bit more from the "beer, keg, alcohol"-like tiers. I hates how the challenge mode tier looked for monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    They could always maybe generalize transmog a bit more. You know, allow us to use druid/rogue leather sets instead? D:

I just hope they'll deter a bit more from the "beer, keg, alcohol"-like tiers. I hates how the challenge mode tier looked for monks.
    Ya, monk gear is bleh for the most part.

infracted
    The guy made a joke, one that honestly has some truth to it and he was infracted for it. The mods on this site are ridiculous sometimes.

Off topic: It's not a meme if it's a fact that has been confirmed by Blizzard themselves.

On topic: I haven't been too impressed with gear models overall lately, but I did like the BC a lot so hopefully they will use some inspiration and/or similar styles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

This I really don't want them to create all new sets for those classes, however being able to make use of other class sets for transmog would be awesome.

infracted
    Doing this because I don't care ; - ;.

QFT.

And yet the other guy in thread that made the raid joke didnt get infracted, hmmmm
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol @ all the people getting butthurt about a guy getting infracted for being a Vol'jin.
    If only mods would infract actual Vol'jins. You know, the ones that make threads that are obviously flamebait and end up having 20+ pages.

But at least they're infracting guys who make harmless jokes. Good job mods, you the real MVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The guy made a joke, one that honestly has some truth to it and he was infracted for it. The mods on this site are ridiculous sometimes.
    Amen.

Though the guy that got infracted is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    If only mods would infract actual Vol'jins. You know, the ones that make threads that are obviously flamebait and end up having 20+ pages.

But at least they're infracting guys who make harmless jokes. Good job mods, you the real MVP.
    This to.
    /10char

I also like the creativity that people put in for tmogs for those classes. I don't think its needed.