Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Chaining / Glyph of Riptide

I used them in 10 man heroic content pre patch.

What do you think of them now in 6.0? Is it worth using them in 20 man setup or not?

What do you think of them in the wod beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    G o Riptide is no longer worth using, as the direct healing portion of Riptide was greatly increased, and the healing model changed. This especially holds true if you use Echo of the Elements.

Chain Heal continues to remain a situational choice, same as before. On spread out fights, you pick this glyph, on non-spread out fights, you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I never liked GoRiptide.

GoChainHeal is something i always used since they reduced the penalty to 2 seconds.
    Between CH i would either do a Riptide or a Healing Stream or refresh the Earth Shield.

With the CD increase on GoChainHeal (3 sec instead of 2) i guess i will be using it when the dreaded spread healing is needed, instead of constantly.

Glyph of Riptide is still great, even with the buff to the direct heal on RT it's still a pretty negligible amount of our overall healing, using the glyph allows for something to do while moving, and most importantly it allows for "frontloading" Riptides. It's ideal to chain off of a target with RT and CH is currently our bread and butter, during high damage moments that's what we want to be casting, having to waste valuable GCDs on RT during high damage moments is a huge throughput loss so being able to throw out a bunch of Riptides beforehand so you have a handful of different people to chain off is hugely beneficial. I don't use it in a 5-man environment but I feel not using it in Mythic is really handicapping yourself.

Glyph of Chaining still has its time and place, I use it on fights where I won't necessarily be casting CH back to back (shamans for example), that way when I do cast it it's more likely to hit lower health targets due to the increased range (CH is still smart) so glyphed CH generally ends up being higher hps than the un-glyphed counterpart. Once we hit 100 and mana becomes an issue again I'll likely be using this glyph a lot more since we generally won't be able to cast back to back Chain Heals without suffering from mana shortages later in a fight.
    Last edited by Barrun; 2014-10-23 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    Glyph of Riptide is still great, even with the buff to the direct heal on RT it's still a pretty negligible amount of our overall healing, using the glyph allows for something to do while moving, and most importantly it allows for "frontloading" Riptides. It's ideal to chain off of a target with RT and CH is currently our bread and butter, during high damage moments that's what we want to be casting, having to waste valuable GCDs on RT during high damage moments is a huge throughput loss so being able to throw out a bunch of Riptides beforehand so you have a handful of different people to chain off is hugely beneficial. I don't use it in a 5-man environment but I feel not using it in Mythic is really handicapping yourself.

Glyph of Chaining still has its time and place, I use it on fights where I won't necessarily be casting CH back to back (shamans for example), that way when I do cast it it's more likely to hit lower health targets due to the increased range (CH is still smart) so glyphed CH generally ends up being higher hps than the un-glyphed counterpart. Once we hit 100 and mana becomes an issue again I'll likely be using this glyph a lot more since we generally won't be able to cast back to back Chain Heals without suffering from mana shortages later in a fight.
    or in other words its great if you wouldn't be able to do anything else anyways. In other words you only take it when you will be moving around constantly or your raid is topped most of the time and you only have to deal with burst damage.

It's a significant nerf to it's healing and in general you are better off stopping and getting off a HS during movement or popping SWG in extended moves. Right now with echo you should have 6 or so rips rolling on the raid. At 100 you spend the entire fight alternating between riptide and chain heal with ele blast/ghw/hst thrown in for mana saving.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Right now with echo you should have 6 or so rips rolling on the raid. At 100 you spend the entire fight alternating between riptide and chain heal with ele blast/ghw/hst thrown in for mana saving.
    But why would you take Echo over EM or AS?
    I guess if you take Echo, glyphing for Riptide would be silly, but Barrun's point about prepping a raid for high damage phases with RTs makes a tonne of sense in the same manner a Disc Priest would prep a raid with shields for high damage phases. It seems that proper use of the RT glyph would give us some proactive gameplay, especially at level 100 when we have High Tide.

As for Chaining, I'm finding the 3 second CD extremely awkward. I suspect I'll get used to it eventually, but dropping back to 2 seconds (or no CD at all) would be far cleaner a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    or in other words its great if you wouldn't be able to do anything else anyways. In other words you only take it when you will be moving around constantly or your raid is topped most of the time and you only have to deal with burst damage.

It's a significant nerf to it's healing and in general you are better off stopping and getting off a HS during movement or popping SWG in extended moves. Right now with echo you should have 6 or so rips rolling on the raid. At 100 you spend the entire fight alternating between riptide and chain heal with ele blast/ghw/hst thrown in for mana saving.
    You seem to have missed the primary point of why RT glyph is good. If the un-glyphed initial RT heal is such a large part of your healing then you're probably doing something terribly wrong and not coming anywhere close to our throughput potential. Saying HST is something to do while moving is sort of silly, HST should be on CD most of the time since it is still worth casting on cooldown (generally). As Shockeye pointed out the glyph allows for something to do proactively which we severely lack otherwise.